Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Eva & Thai Delays

Rainsberger

Hello Guys

With the problems with the Pakistan & India northern border last month flights from Europe and London still being delayed by 60 to 90 minutes on Eva and Thai Airways to and from London having to take a longer flight path. My Eva flight which is due to arrive at Bangkok at 15.05pm currently arriving at between 16.00pm & 16.30pm same applys to Thai Airways so when i order my taxi  i will order to allow for this delay because it's happening most days days because of the late arrival in London hence a later departure.

Yep, I had a 90 min delay leaving Heathrow with EVA a couple of weeks back. Personally, I wouldn't advise taxi company as any worth their salt should be checking online for actual flight arrival times.

Return back to London left on time.

Today's flight Saturday with Eva Airways from Bangkok to London Heathrow took 13hours & 10 minutes to land at Heathrow and arrived over 1 hours late meaning the return flight will be delayed by up to 90 minutes once again. Watching these flights as I am due to fly with Eva shortly.

As a result of incoming delays Saturday of Eva flight BR67 from Bangkok to London, Flight BR68 the return flight Saturday evening London to Bangkok departed at 23.10pm and arrived at 17.00 pm almost 2 hours late, the scheduled arrival is 15.05pm, if this continues i will have to book my taxi accordingly. This is happening everyday at the moment due to tensions on the Pakistan India border and a change in flight path. This also applies to Thai Airways but not as bad as Eva Airways.

5 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

As a result of incoming delays Saturday of Eva flight BR67 from Bangkok to London, Flight BR68 the return flight Saturday evening London to Bangkok departed at 23.10pm and arrived at 17.00 pm almost 2 hours late, the scheduled arrival is 15.05pm, if this continues i will have to book my taxi accordingly. This is happening everyday at the moment due to tensions on the Pakistan India border and a change in flight path. This also applies to Thai Airways but not as bad as Eva Airways.

Very fortunate they left at all. 11pm is the absolute limit on the curfew except in exceptional circumstances. Am not sure how they let it go at 11.10pm can only assume it pushed back prior to 11pm and was slightly delayed to active Runway possibly an inbound pushing the curfew to the max

£45,000 fine they would have incurred anyway

Sundays inbound BR67 is showing 8.40pm to land currently very late again tonight. Depending on the stack that could easily be 9.10pm time they get to the gate

I’m back out on EVA next month. I’ve noticed the schedule has changed a little compared to earlier this year. It’s due out of LHR around 15 minutes later and from Swampy about 35 minutes earlier. Maybe this will solve the issue. 

43 minutes ago, Straw said:

Very fortunate they left at all. 11pm is the absolute limit on the curfew except in exceptional circumstances. Am not sure how they let it go at 11.10pm can only assume it pushed back prior to 11pm and was slightly delayed to active runway possibly an inbound pushing the curfew to the max

£45,000 fine they would have incurred anyway

Thats what I was worried about back in May when my EVA flight eventually took off at 00:05; thankfully there is some flexibility to allow for such delays.

Last week (01/04/19) the evening Thai flight left London for Bangkok at 00:28 after the inbound aircraft had to divert to Istanbul en route.

I’ve been checking BA as a result of this thread - I’m flying with them in July.

Pretty much been an hour late into BKK most days, occasionally more. I’ll have to remember to check the week before I fly to give my taxi, and condo, the heads up. I assume the taxi will check anyway but does no harm to warn them.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

32 minutes ago, Trevor said:

I’m back out on EVA next month. I’ve noticed the schedule has changed a little compared to earlier this year. It’s due out of LHR around 15 minutes later and from Swampy about 35 minutes earlier. Maybe this will solve the issue. 

I believe this is to account for the change from GMT to BST in the UK whilst there is no corresponding change in Thai time.

2 minutes ago, ableyone said:

I believe this is to account for the change from GMT to BST in the UK whilst there is no corresponding change in Thai time.

I’d thought this was the case with BA but I’m going by what the BA website gives as the Scheduled Time in Flight Status. 

15 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’d thought this was the case with BA but I’m going by what the BA website gives as the Scheduled Time in Flight Status. 

I was referring to the EVA timings not BA.  The BA flight will arrive later than scheduled because of the diversion to avoid Pakistan airspace.

19 minutes ago, ableyone said:

Thats what I was worried about back in May when my EVA flight eventually took off at 00:05; thankfully there is some flexibility to allow for such delays.

Last week (01/04/19) the evening Thai flight left London for Bangkok at 00:28 after the inbound aircraft had to divert to Istanbul en route.

Christ both those would have been slaughtered on fines can only assume that the Pakistan situation is deemed exceptional although wouldnt negate the fines.

Still sight cheaper than overnighting 350 passenger though and 600 euros each compensation on top

Not that I monitor the departures of EVA flights and watch as they pass over my house.:WhoSaw1:but this one certainly didn't make the curfew back in January.

• 2 weeks later...

Flying with Eva in May, got a connecting Thai flight to Chiang Mai... hopefully make it! 

Checked that flightradar site, none of the 9:30pm departures have made it on time for the last week or so...  :ThumbDown1:

On 17/04/2019 at 13:47, cyclone79 said:

Flying with Eva in May, got a connecting Thai flight to Chiang Mai... hopefully make it! 

Checked that flightradar site, none of the 9:30pm departures have made it on time for the last week or so...  :ThumbDown1:

Thai Airways much improved avg delays only 30 mins, but Eva still over 60 mins delays, just hope the climate demos don't bring Heathow Airport to a stand still today as they threaten to do, a little worried about this threat. 

9 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Thai Airways much improved avg delays only 30 mins, but Eva still over 60 mins delays, just hope the climate demos don't bring Heathow Airport to a stand still today as they threaten to do, a little worried about this threat. 

They will get nowhere near the airport....and havent

Bang the twats up for a year that will reduce their ardour

9 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

I’ve been checking BA daily as well (though it’s July I fly) and they’ve been about an hour late most days - occasionally a bit less but never on time.

I fly BA 0010 to Heathrow  on 7th May. I had forgotten about the delays.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

1 minute ago, Billyboy294 said:

I’ve only been checking BA9 inbound but a quick check now shows BA10 departed only 20 minutes late yesterday (arrived an hour late) but over an hour late on Thursday (arrived nearly 2 hours late).

1 hour ago, Straw said:

They will get nowhere near the airport....and havent

Bang the twats up for a year that will reduce their ardour

Afraid the Climate protest have reached Terminal's 2 & 3 at Heathrow don't think any disruption as yet, god hope this gets sorted one way i fly with Eva in 17 days time.

2 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

2 hours ago, davidge said:

I’ve only been checking BA9 inbound but a quick check now shows BA10 departed only 20 minutes late yesterday (arrived an hour late) but over an hour late on Thursday (arrived nearly 2 hours late).

Thanks for info. I am due to arrive at Terminal 5 at18.30 and fly out of Terminal 5 at 20.55 for Aberdeen so there seems to be time for a delay of 1 hour or so

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived