IGNORED

Eva & Thai Delays

Rainsberger

14 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

Thanks for info. I am due to arrive at Terminal 5 at18.30 and fly out of Terminal 5 at 20.55 for Aberdeen so there seems to be time for a delay of 1 hour or so

Yes, you should just be able to cope with an hour delay. Much more could be a problem. If you see arrival time is late then ask to speak to the Cabin Manager and tell them about your connection. Hopefully, they’ll help get you off quickly and on to next flight if possible.

Edit: just checked and official minimum connecting time is an hour. You’ll have to go through passport control, Immigration etc at LHR. I assume you’ll check your luggage straight through from BKK.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Absolute joke that Heathrow "protest" turned out to be. £110,000 an HOUR for the additional police bill and about 15 kids turned up lol

Rainsberger as regards Evas late arrival into Bangkok just email your taxi driver and advise them to keep an eye on arrival times. You'd assume they'd automatically monitor incoming flights that effect pick ups but this is Thailand

1 hour ago, brian_723 said:

So am I right to assume my direct flight on 10 of may will be delayed too .

lol assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. Just ask Saddam Huissen.

As regards your flight as with Rainsberger email your taxi guy and tell him to monitor arrival times

3 hours ago, brian_723 said:

So am I right to assume my direct flight on 10 of may will be delayed too .

Hello Brian

More than likely Brian i fly on Monday 6th May and am already resigned to arriving after 16.00pm the scheduled time of arrival is 15.05pm.  Today's flight Monday 22nd April is estmated to arrive at Bangkok 16.45pm after departing Heathrow over 90 minutes late on Sunday, i find the change over at Bangkok from Taipei is 75 minutes not enough time really you need 2 hours hence flight is always leaving late from Bangkok hence the then delay from Heathrow. When i book my taxi next week will comment on the likely delay of up to 90 minutes.

"Quote"

Absolute joke that Heathrow "protest" turned out to be. £110,000 an HOUR for the additional police bill and about 15 kids turned up lol

Would loved to comment on this but i know the forum rules of No political topic's so will have to leave it at that.

47 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:
47 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello Brian

More than likely Brian i fly on Monday 6th May and am already resigned to arriving after 16.00pm the scheduled time of arrival is 15.05pm.  Today's flight Monday 22nd April is estmated to arrive at Bangkok 16.45pm after departing Heathrow over 90 minutes late on Sunday, i find the change over at Bangkok from Taipei is 75 minutes not enough time really you need 2 hours hence flight is always leaving late from Bangkok hence the then delay from Heathrow. When i book my taxi next week will comment on the likely delay of up to 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, Straw said:

Thanks rainsberger let m know how you get on .

20 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello Brian

Am bemused by your worrying over arriving into Suvarnabhumbi late. I can see you're coming from Plymouth to Heathrow so that means for sure you're leaving home at least 8 hours before wheels up, you got push back and the flight another 12, another 1 hour probably from touching down to get to immigration get bags etc.....you've already taken 21 hours at best from leaving home whats another 1 hour lol

2 hours ago, Straw said:

Am bemused by your worrying over arriving into Suvarnabhumbi late. I can see you're coming from Plymouth to Heathrow so that means for sure you're leaving home at least 8 hours before wheels up, you got push back and the flight another 12, another 1 hour probably from touching down to get to immigration get bags etc.....you've already taken 21 hours at best from leaving home whats another 1 hour lol

I never leave home on the day of a flight, always stay the night before at the Premier Inn on Bath Road or at the Premier Inn Terminal 4 hotel for peace of mind, I'm not worried really just concerned about make arrangements around the scheduled arrival time and then trying to contact people to advice them of the delays.

1 hour ago, Rainsberger said:

I never leave home on the day of a flight, always stay the night before at the Premier Inn on Bath Road or at the Premier Inn Terminal 4 hotel for peace of mind, I'm not worried really just concerned about make arrangements around the scheduled arrival time and then trying to contact people to advice them of the delays.

The taxi guys will monitor the arrivals anyway. They dont want to be paying extra for the car parking obviously. What I always do though when in the immigration area is a quick Line message to Meow who provides my taxi that have landed but the queue is lengthy or whatever

On 19/04/2019 at 15:08, Billyboy294 said:

I fly BA 0010 to Heathrow  on 7th May. I had forgotten about the delays.

I just received an email from BA about flight changes.

Dep BKK at 12.00 noon (before 11.40)  Arrive LHR 5 at 19.15 hrs. (before 18.30)

So an extra 25 mins on the flight time..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Yes, have booked my taxi today to Pattaya as I always do with Mr T have put scheduled arrival time of 15.05pm but notified him that BR67 has a currently delayed daily arrival time of 16.30pm please check flight arrivals.

I’m still checking BA daily and noticed today that the scheduled arrival time is now 45 minutes later. It landed 50 minutes later than the new scheduled time.

Yes, still no change in flight path so expecting to land on Tuesday afternoon 7th May, Eva BR68 about 1 hour after scheduled time of 15.05pm, all my arangments made with this in mind including GF. I also been checking Eva Airways everyday for the past month.

1 hour ago, Rainsberger said:

Yes, still no change in flight path so expecting to land on Tuesday afternoon 7th May, Eva BR68 about 1 hour after scheduled time of 15.05pm, all my arangments made with this in mind including GF. I also been checking Eva Airways everyday for the past month.

Your information is spot on!!

I took last night’s  BR68. 

It was about 30 minutes late leaving the stand at Heathrow and landed around  16.10 after about 10 minutes circling at Swampy.

Nam’s driver was waiting for me, and was already aware of the detour round Pakistan. 

In the taxi now and looking forward to a cold beer and a hot girl!!

• 1 month later...

I fly with Eva at the end of June and it still looks like the flights are still taking an hour or so longer. That doesn't really bother me, what does bother me is Eva's flight attendants might be going on strike....:unsure:

Does anyone know what happens if I go to the airport and the flight is cancelled? I didn't book direct with Eva...:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Well at long last looks like flights have returned to normal schedules with flights almost running to time, noticed that Eva Airways, Thai & British Airways again using the  Pakistan & India northern border flight path reducing flight times, this has to be good news for a change. Although the USA has banned flights from using the South West of Iran think it the Strates of Homus where the shipping lanes past through. 

3 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hi Guys

Well at long last looks like flights have returned to normal schedules with flights almost running to time, noticed that Eva Airways, Thai & British Airways again using the  Pakistan & India northern border flight path reducing flight times, this has to be good news for a change. Although the USA has banned flights from using the South West of Iran think it the Strates of Homus where the shipping lanes past through. 

Yes, a few days ago BA emailed me to say my return flight times on 2 August had been changed - with a longer flight time. I knew they’d been doing this for a while. However, yesterday they sent another email with the flight going back to it’s original time.

Archived