IGNORED

Airport Queues

Taa_Saparot

I went through the regular line on Wednesday and it took 35 minutes to get through for departures at about 2 p.m. 

Thai immigration had a clock  on the wall that said the wait time was 12 minutes, so not very helpful.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Most of the last posts seem to show a "mass exodus"? What is the arrival situation, viewing from afar Pattaya seems to be "quieter" but condos seem to be getting snapped up at "astronomical" prices and yes I realise the covid era is over but what is really happening on the ground?

30 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Most of the last posts seem to show a "mass exodus"? What is the arrival situation, viewing from afar Pattaya seems to be "quieter" but condos seem to be getting snapped up at "astronomical" prices and yes I realise the covid era is over but what is really happening on the ground?

Still busy IMO.

On 27/06/2019 at 08:45, Taa_Saparot said:

Tonight ....

D-EkBb2U0AA6qQO.jpg:large

I am assuming that this is the arriving passengers waiting for immigration? But if you are 70+ you can bypass this long wait, is that right?

2 hours ago, geezerrb said:

condos seem to be getting snapped up at "astronomical" prices

I have just extended my Grand Avenue stay for another 6 months. Price remains at 15k a month. It does seem prices have gone up in general. Wouldn't call it astronomical, though. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

I am assuming that this is the arriving passengers waiting for immigration? But if you are 70+ you can bypass this long wait, is that right?

Yes….you’re allowed to use the Priority Lane.  I did this on both my recent arrival and departure.  On arrival at midnight last month there was no one in line so I was through in under a minute.  But on my departure last week there were quite a few families with young kids and people in wheelchairs ahead of me and it took almost a half hour to get through.  But I always get to the airport at least 2 hours early so no problems at all .

On 24/02/2023 at 01:21, ctp2018 said:

Yes as @vivid2 states on my Nov/Dec trip arrival straight through (but it took over an hour before any luggage appeared on the carousel), on departure the guy on the gate didn't believe I was over 70 (555) and struggled with working out the non Thai year for an over 70?

On 24/02/2023 at 03:00, Thomaz73 said:

I have just extended my Grand Avenue stay for another 6 months. Price remains at 15k a month. It does seem prices have gone up in general. Wouldn't call it astronomical, though. 

I think you are quite lucky as there are 36sqm in GA being offered at up to 23k pm and a 43sqm on FB at 27k pm.

20 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

you are quite lucky as there are 36sqm in GA being offered at up to 23k pm and a 43sqm on FB at 27k pm.

Right. But that, imho, is still not "astronomical". And if you're willing to go a bit east, there's some pretty amazing deals to be had. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Still bad at immigration today.

Not at Suvarnabhumi when I came through.   Landed and arrived at the gate 10.30am and was at the baggage carousels at 10.50am.

They were directing passengers to the priority lanes, which at that time were empty.   

Edited by SteveX08

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement from Thai advising passengers to check-in 4 hours before flight this month as departure x-ray machines will be out of service.

3D569366-3FE7-42E1-84F2-0AA089AC0564.jpeg

Google translate:

17F7F634-24E0-4F98-BBBA-0C17E24FEF91.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

a mate of mine missed his turkish airlines flight back to the uk around jan 20 th due to immigration exit long wait lines. cost him 566 pounds to get a flight  next day

4 hours ago, striderman said:

a mate of mine missed his turkish airlines flight back to the uk around jan 20 th due to immigration exit long wait lines. cost him 566 pounds to get a flight  next day

Did his luggage make the flight?

A question. What is the situation with Turkish check in and the departure on morning at 07h50 am?

Beware Kuala Lumpur.

Last week I got home after a 3-week trip to Thailand flying Malaysia, Melbourne-KL-Bangkok return.

Both ways had to transit in KL from one terminal to another. Very long queues for passport, security (about 30 minutes). Miles to walk, direction signage confusing: points to there so off you go and then no more clear signs - lost!

I'd booked Malaysia despite longer travel time as at time of booking it was much cheaper than ThaiAir direct from Melbourne-BKK: Thai was about $A2000 (46,000THB), as I recall. I paid $A1577 (36,500THB) on Malaysia. 

Good news is that last week I saw ThaiAir direct fare return now down to $A1030, about 24,000THB.

Next trip I'll seek to fly direct. If SingaporeAir has good price with short layover times at Changi, this might be possible.

But KL, no.

Very, very long queue for departure on Feb 25th flying back to UK - I had to ask one of the staff for help and she took me through to fast track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On March 1st i flight back to germany 8pm.

I was at the airport 4pm or 5pm. Check in counter (Oman air) was empty, no Queues at all. Security was also very quick. Immigration stamp for departed 4 Minutes.

On 12/03/2023 at 05:10, davidge said:

Announcement from Thai advising passengers to check-in 4 hours before flight this month as departure x-ray machines will be out of service.

3D569366-3FE7-42E1-84F2-0AA089AC0564.jpeg

Google translate:

17F7F634-24E0-4F98-BBBA-0C17E24FEF91.jpeg

Many airlines usually do not staff their counters until 3 hrs before departure time.  Just had to endure this on my last trip returning from BKK on japan airlines.  

I needed 2,5 hours tonight until I could pass the passport control and leave Thailand. There was a very long queue to reach the Emirates counters. There were only 2 online check in counter and I had the feeling that the travelers were faster at the normal counters. 
I had to wait nearly 30 minutes at the passport control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

I landed last Thursday 14th at about 6 am.So got to Immigration at about 6.20.Never seen it so empty maybe 35 people across the immigration booths..Don’t know why I didn’t see the people from my flight there they must have gone through very quickly 

• Like 3

I guess like many things in life, it pays to get there early. Booking a flight from Singapore to LOS, and the early flights are nearly sold out, guess this is part of the reason.   (But I think business travelers want to get there early also)