Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airport Queues

Taa_Saparot

I landed last night just before midnight. Immigration line was short and pretty quick. It must be time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It was departures that was long in Don Muang on Sunday afternoon.  I was in transit and got through immigration in BKK(where I was expecting a lengthy wait) fairly quickly.  Landing time of 10.30 am and out the door and on the shuttle bus by 11.15 am.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Reports this afternoon, that the queues at arrivals are back at Suwanapoom.

Dz6l9xjVYAEhkav.thumb.jpg.0c9c08efb62a526cd6ebc0bf56c7e905.jpg

Fookin hell

• Like 2

I know they were determined to not have queues like this during Chinese New Year, and stated that all desks would be manned.

With CNY over, looks like they have taken the eye off the ball again.

4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Reports this afternoon, that the queues at arrivals are back at Suwanapoom.

Wow, I have never seen it that bad before.

Thankful for Premium Lane Passes.

LeoTex

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

last week, i arrived late morning: <2min wait until i was through immigration.
in ~15 trips to bangkok, i don't think i've ever had to wait long enough at immigration to have my lugagge appear before i'm through immigration. just as another anecdotal data point. 

• Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

5 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I know they were determined to not have queues like this during Chinese New Year, and stated that all desks would be manned.

With CNY over, looks like they have taken the eye off the ball again.

If that picture made public media sites some asses might get kicked

5 hours ago, hioctane said:

Go past this and go to the second immigration area.

I have done that a few times, to find the lines just as long as the first one.

Since I have a Premium Lane Pass and like to save them if possible for future use, I check both immigration areas and if both are busy will go thru the Premium Lane.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 minute ago, LeoTex said:

I have done that a few times, to find the lines just as long as the first one.

Since I have a Premium Lane Pass and like to save them if possible for future use, I check both immigration areas and if both are busy will go thru the Premium Lane.

LeoTex

Luck? The last 2 times the first immigration area had people lined up to a sign that says "20 minutes." The second immigration area had no line whatsoever. There were 4-5 guys queued up for each immigration officer.

2 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Luck? The last 2 times the first immigration area had people lined up to a sign that says "20 minutes." The second immigration area had no line whatsoever. There were 4-5 guys queued up for each immigration officer.

I have done what you have, but again a few times I found them both as busy.

Most times I just go to the second one without going up the ramp on the first one to see how long the lines are.

I have gone thru the 2nd one with no one in he lines.

Good advise hioctane, some don't know about the 2nd one.

LeoTex

I have done what you have, but again a few times I found them both as busy.
Most times I just go to the second one without going up the ramp on the first one to see how long the lines are.
I have gone thru the 2nd one with no one in he lines.
Good advise hioctane, some don't know about the 2nd one.
LeoTex

You don’t need to walk up the ramp to look. While passing by, you can see how many rows there are. 3 rows is 20 minutes I believe. I waited many times before I found out about the second immigration area. Anyways, that is when I high tail my way to the second one.

11 hours ago, Whalley said:

You need to be mindful of which side of the airport your flight is arriving at... 

Good concept but it really depends on what planes have just landed before you. If you have 3 747's from china arrive 10 minutes before you then you are fucked either way.

The immigration halls are only 100 metres apart - easy to just check both. After sitting on a plane for 10 hours the walk will do you good

12 Pints in Know it all

arrived 18 00 hrs on the 14th. first set of immigration had folks waiting on the ramp. went past premium line for which i had a............

1392621440_16feb003(Custom).JPG.24755f0d878ef361e7f562c5b78ff7ac.JPG

and at second immigration almost no wait at all. 1 person in front of me in the line for the officer. fast card saved for a rainy day

8 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

Good concept but it really depends on what planes have just landed before you. If you have 3 747's from china arrive 10 minutes before you then you are fucked either way.

The immigration halls are only 100 metres apart - easy to just check both. After sitting on a plane for 10 hours the walk will do you good

The distance between the immigration halls (gate D6 to D4) is the length of one of the moving sidewalks (travelator) for those not inclined to walk and takes just a minute.

I arrived on 7th February around 18.00 pm and had a 600 metres walk from plane. Very few people in queue. As luck would have it an immigration officer was opening a desk and I was third in line of this new queue. Arrived at carousel about 10 minutes before the first suitcases came up. Same thing happened last October arrived same flight 18.00 pm and sailed straight through in 5 minutes. Really is pot luck at what time you arrive. 1-2 hours later and those big mid east carriers Qatar, Emirates, Etihad arrive along with many other flights and perhaps less immigration officers and there's bound to be a much bigger queue

Just now, Roving Rover said:

I arrived on 7th February around 18.00 pm and had a 600 metres walk from plane. Very few people in queue. As luck would have it an immigration officer was opening a desk and I was third in line of this new queue. Arrived at carousel about 10 minutes before the first suitcases came up. Same thing happened last October arrived same flight 18.00 pm and sailed straight through in 5 minutes. Really is pot luck at what time you arrive. 1-2 hours later and those big mid east carriers Qatar, Emirates, Etihad arrive along with many other flights and perhaps less immigration officers and there's bound to be a much bigger queue

etihad now only have 1 flight landing around 18.00 hrs EY408. the other flight around 20.00 hrs EY404 has been discontinued for quite a while.

but you are correct it is pot luck as other flights can land early and late

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my flights to LOS land in the morning between 7am and 8am.  And for years I just used to queue at immigration BUT for the last 2 trips I have paid to be met at the gate where I get off my plane and be fast tracked through immigration.  I've been made up with the service so may well continue paying for this service.  After a long trip it's great not having to queue.  Also I'm not getting any younger so its great not having to queue and being one of the first at the carousel :P

43 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Also I'm not getting any younger so its great not having to queue and being one of the first at the carousel :P

Keep getting older and when you reach 70 you can use fast track for free.  I like it when my flight arrives and we don't have a gate and have to park remote.  Get off the plane and take a bus which lets you off at a door near immigration, then go to the Senior queue.  Last time I was right behind a monk but I did have to wait awhile for my bags.

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Tonight ....

Yikes. Did you check out the second immigration area?

it seems to take much longer now with the extra security finger prints etc and you have to do the same on leaving bkk prior to the airport lounges etc