IGNORED

The Classroom Hotel Pattaya

mortiis38

Hey gang, just pre-booked (don't have to pay til August) at The Classroom hotel for 21 days in August. I have read mainly good reviews of the place, but a handful of bad ones too (aren't there always??) Has anyone from the forum stayed there, and can you give me a bit of a run-down of your time there?

Cheers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is that the hotel in soi 13?

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

3 hours ago, Dempsey said:

Not yet, but I'm there in a couple of weeks and will report back.

Cheers, mate!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this hotel as well but can't find too much info on this board on it.  It's on 13/4 and backs onto 2nd Road if I can read a map properly.  400M from Walking Street but can access Soi 14/15/Soi Diamond from 2nd Road - as you know, there are some great GoGo bars there.

Hi,  stayed in the Classroom last week and enjoyed my time there.

The hotel is not 5 star and neither are the prices. I thought it was great value for money. The facilities are in good order, fresh and up to date, the cleaning is thorough and the staff are great. I had a room with a large balcony, looking on to 13/4, with the beach to be seen on the left and across 2nd road to the right. The room had a very large bed, plenty of hanging space, good size room safe, table and chairs, tv,  fridge, crockery, glasses and utensils, small microwave too I recall, although I didn't use it. Bathroom up to scratch with a tray of essentials that might be required (to pay for) including condoms, lube, toothbrushes, razor etc.  Keycard entry to room and the same card operates the external door onto the street. You can enter the hotel through the bar or use the separate entrance if you have guests or wish to be discrete.

The staff at The Classroom are great. Nice and friendly and easy to get on with. If you are drinking there make sure they register you at the bar as you get a discount for being a resident. Ladydrinks are about 100/110 I think, don't recall exactly, but they are never asked for. They are gratefully received if the offer is made and you are looked after without having to lift a finger. The girls wear badges stating their names and whether they are hostess or freelancer. I was told the bar fine is 500 baht but this reduces if the girl is well into their shift.

The bar is styled as a music and sports bar with TV's a plenty and music videos playing. There is live music three or four nights a week but is fair to say that this is 60's, 70's, 80's fare so if your under 45 years of age it might not be to your taste. The bar has it's own regular drinking clientele and whilst I was there, although the hotel was full,  there was not much evidence of residents using the bar as a home base.  

As everyone is aware this was once one of the "go to" agogo bars. In fact Tuk Tuk still works there if anyone remembers her from days gone by. The change from agogo to hotel is, I believe, a successful move and the hotel is very much designed to keep things simple for those staying and their guests. In fact the management make a point of stating there are "no joiners fees for a guest or guests". The surrounding bars, A Bomb, Kitten, Obsessions are all closed but this doesn't detract from the stay as Walking Street/Beach Road is so close. The hotel does food but next door is a cracking Indian restaurant called "Tarka". The girls are more than happy to go place an order and you can eat your take out in the bar, as happened with myself and four girls one night enjoying a good spread. Lewinskis is only one Soi over, with a cut through, and they serve what I would describe as home cooked European dishes. Kiss Food and Drink is about a 10 min stroll up 2nd road which was my favoured breakfast stop.

Overall I would say that if your in Pattaya for P4P then The Classroom will serve you fine. Everyone knows the score, no raised eyebrows, with a separate entrance in any event. What's not to like.

4 hours ago, Dempsey said:

The hotel is not 5 star and neither are the prices. I thought it was great value for money. The facilities are in good order, fresh and up to date, the cleaning is thorough and the staff are great. I had a room with a large balcony, looking on to 13/4, with the beach to be seen on the left and across 2nd road to the right. The room had a very large bed, plenty of hanging space, good size room safe, table and chairs, tv,  fridge, crockery, glasses and utensils, small microwave too I recall, although I didn't use it. Bathroom up to scratch with a tray of essentials that might be required (to pay for) including condoms, lube, toothbrushes, razor etc.  Keycard entry to room and the same card operates the external door onto the street. You can enter the hotel through the bar or use the separate entrance if you have guests or wish to be discrete.

The staff at The Classroom are great. Nice and friendly and easy to get on with. If you are drinking there make sure they register you at the bar as you get a discount for being a resident. Ladydrinks are about 100/110 I think, don't recall exactly, but they are never asked for. They are gratefully received if the offer is made and you are looked after without having to lift a finger. The girls wear badges stating their names and whether they are hostess or freelancer. I was told the bar fine is 500 baht but this reduces if the girl is well into their shift.

The bar is styled as a music and sports bar with TV's a plenty and music videos playing. There is live music three or four nights a week but is fair to say that this is 60's, 70's, 80's fare so if your under 45 years of age it might not be to your taste. The bar has it's own regular drinking clientele and whilst I was there, although the hotel was full,  there was not much evidence of residents using the bar as a home base.  

As everyone is aware this was once one of the "go to" agogo bars. In fact Tuk Tuk still works there if anyone remembers her from days gone by. The change from agogo to hotel is, I believe, a successful move and the hotel is very much designed to keep things simple for those staying and their guests. In fact the management make a point of stating there are "no joiners fees for a guest or guests". The surrounding bars, A Bomb, Kitten, Obsessions are all closed but this doesn't detract from the stay as Walking Street/Beach Road is so close. The hotel does food but next door is a cracking Indian restaurant called "Tarka". The girls are more than happy to go place an order and you can eat your take out in the bar, as happened with myself and four girls one night enjoying a good spread. Lewinskis is only one Soi over, with a cut through, and they serve what I would describe as home cooked European dishes. Kiss Food and Drink is about a 10 min stroll up 2nd road which was my favoured breakfast stop.

Overall I would say that if your in Pattaya for P4P then The Classroom will serve you fine. Everyone knows the score, no raised eyebrows, with a separate entrance in any event. What's not to like.

AFAIK A-Bomb, a gay gogo, is still open.

4 hours ago, Dempsey said:

That Classroom agogo was a favourite stop before journeying onto WS many years ago. I think Kev n Thailand did a vlog about the new classroom bar last year where Mr Barry Upton (Pattaya radio host) was performing. Looked a good place.

No signs of life at A Bomb whilst I was there. It was over the election weekend though so maybe they just didn't bother opening on the Friday or Sunday. Not on my interest list anyway so didn't pay too much attention.

P1000611.JPG

P1000606.JPG

On 26/03/2019 at 03:11, Dempsey said:

Thanks so much for your detailed review. I am pleased to say I've booked in from 8th-29th August - absolutely cannot wait to get back to Patts.

• 3 weeks later...

I was attracted to the Classroom because of the private entrance mentioned.  Does anyone have a picture of that?  Would love to hear if any other place as a similar feature. 

4 hours ago, mcbike said:

I was attracted to the Classroom because of the private entrance mentioned.  Does anyone have a picture of that?  Would love to hear if any other place as a similar feature. 

Check out their website, there’s a pic there. 

Well done to the management of this place for actually having a decent, functioning and up to date website. 

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Classroom 1 month ago...I can only spend good words for it. Strategic location but very quiet in the same time.

Thumb up!

• 3 weeks later...

Considering The Classroom hotel and Maytara hotel. They seem comparable in price and amenities. The Classroom has the edge in location (proximity to Walking Street). Would like to hear from someone who has stayed in both.

• 2 weeks later...

Many happy memories of the Classroom from the early 1990's when it was a gogo bar and it did make the shortlist as a place to stay on my last trip. Sometimes memories are best left in the past though . I had some great trips based out of The Flipper lodge but i haven't stayed there for years and i worry that any stay in 2019 cannot possibly live up to my many stays there in the late 1990's

Archived