Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taxi Suvarnabbumi to Pattaya at about 1am 1.30 am

niteowl

Hi gusys

this year I will land in BKK at about 1 am..... I usually spend a night in BKK anyways but I was thinking this time I'd rather go straight to Pattaya

Just wondering how hard it is to get a taxi to Pattaya at that time (I'm guessing no buses that late) or whether I should book a taxi in advance (in which case any recommendation would be welcome)

All my arrivals are at midnight and later.

I use Nam's car service mentioned a lot here, to pick me at the airport and straight to Pattaya.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

[email protected]
Booking by email preferred.
In fact, some of her drivers very much prefer airport pick ups after midnight. The road is usually clear, much easier to drive, and faster to get home to Pattaya. They offer a 24 hour service!

On 26/01/2019 at 13:41, niteowl said:

this year I will land in BKK at about 1 am..... I usually spend a night in BKK anyways but I was thinking this time I'd rather go straight to Pattaya

A good alternative after a long flight arriving in the small hours is to book a hotel near the airport with shuttle bus service.

This is what I do: book on Agoda, fast to hotel, two large Sangsom and soda plus a sleeping pill. Breakfast next morning, shuttle to the airport for the 1000 BellBus 250THB to the door of my hotel in Pattaya. The saving of about 1000THB compared with a taxi goes towards the hotel cost.

2 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

A good alternative after a long flight arriving in the small hours is to book a hotel near the airport with shuttle bus service.

This is what I do: book on Agoda, fast to hotel, two large Sangsom and soda plus a sleeping pill. Breakfast next morning, shuttle to the airport for the 1000 BellBus 250THB to the door of my hotel in Pattaya. The saving of about 1000THB compared with a taxi goes towards the hotel cost.

I thought about doing that once.

I prefer to head straight to Pattaya, get checked in and head to Billabongs in LK Metro.

Then have my 2 Sangsom sodas, find a new best friend for the rest of the night and wake up with her in the morning and go to breakfast or brunch or it might be lunch.

For me, your are taking about a little over a hour longer and then not having change hotels again after the first night.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

5 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I thought about doing that once.

I prefer to head straight to Pattaya, get checked in and head to Billabongs in LK Metro.

Then have my 2 Sangsom sodas, find a new best friend for the rest of the night and wake up with her in the morning and go to breakfast or brunch or it might be lunch.

For me, your are taking about a little over a hour longer and then not having change hotels again after the first night.

LeoTex

Yeah, I'm going straight to Pattaya this time. That time of the night the traffic will be minimal, it's only one hour, and I'd rather wake up in Pattaya instead of some crummy hotel near the airport (Not to mention that if I'm jetlagged and can't sleep I could take a peek at Ibar or something...)

So, to go back to my original question, I guess I have to get a taxi at that time...should I book it ahead of time?

I always book in advance so I know what I’m getting. As others said,

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

picked me up at 1am when my flight was delayed (I just let them know en-route that I was delayed).

Other companies mentioned on the forum will do it as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 minutes ago, niteowl said:

So, to go back to my original question, I guess I have to get a taxi at that time...should I book it ahead of time?

11 minutes ago, davidge said:

I always book in advance so I know what I’m getting. As others said,

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

picked me up at 1am when my flight was delayed (I just let them know en-route that I was delayed).

davidge beat me to it.

This also who I use for all my trips from the airport to Pattaya and the reverse when I return back to the airport.

After a long (very long) flight, it feels good after you get you luggage and head to the 'meeting point' to see someone with your name ready to take you to your hotel in Pattaya.

LeoTex

You will find threads with reviews for several of the many Taxi to Pattaya services on this site, probably in the Transportation section. Nam (as mentioned above), Meow, Mr.T, etc.

I use Mr. T simply because I used it years ago before most of the other services began. Generic opinion from the threads you'll find here is that Nam & Meow often use female drivers who are less hell-bent-for-leather than some of the guys from Mr. T and all seem to have clean, fairly new cars. If details matter to you, go find the appropriate threads, which will also have links or e-mail addresses in them.

Make sure to reserve in advance. You can also make arrangements for return to airport. If it matters, Mr. T has an office down a small soi on the North side of Soi Diana, where you can arrange the trip in person. I think the others are web based only.

I know many of the Mr. T drivers have cars with some kind of liquified natural gas and often stop to refill just short of Pattaya, so don't be surprised if that happens.

The advantage over just a cab from the airport is that these services will know where your hotel is. BKK cabbies may not be familiar with Pattaya. Also, these services will probably be around 1200 Baht as opposed to 1500 for an airport cab.

All the services will have their driver waiting for you at (most likely) exit #3 at the airport, holding up a sign with your name on it.

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

davidge beat me to it.

This also who I use for all my trips from the airport to Pattaya and the reverse when I return back to the airport.

After a long (very long) flight, it feels good after you get you luggage and head to the 'meeting point' to see someone with your name ready to take you to your hotel in Pattaya.

LeoTex

ok guys sounds good, I"ll send them an email soon... is there a meeting point they usually recommend? There are several exits that can be taken after getting the luggage but I don't really know which one I'll be using

there's a meeting point at exit #3 where your driver will wait for you. 
suvarnabhumi-airport-arrival-floor-plan-03.jpg

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

27 minutes ago, niteowl said:

ok guys sounds good, I"ll send them an email soon... is there a meeting point they usually recommend? There are several exits that can be taken after getting the luggage but I don't really know which one I'll be using

Nam, or more likely one of her secretaries, will reply with full details of where to meet your driver and contact details if there's an issue. Her drivers meet you at Airport Information between exit  Door 4 and Door 3 (2nd Floor) with a card with your name on it. They may also send a picture of your driver.

6 hours ago, niteowl said:

I'd rather wake up in Pattaya instead of some crummy hotel near the airport

The quality of a hotel usually relates to its price.

A year ago I stayed at Silver Gold hotel at a budget rate. Clean but strictly one sleep only. Not again.

Next trip it's $A80 (1850THB) at a 4-star I have been before. Includes breakfast and shuttle to/from airport.

Up to you. 

23 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

The quality of a hotel usually relates to its price.

A year ago I stayed at Silver Gold Hotel at a budget rate. Clean but strictly one sleep only. Not again.

Next trip it's $A80 (1850THB) at a 4-star I have been before. Includes breakfast and shuttle to/from airport.

Up to you. 

fair enough dude, but I didn't really intend to imply that all airports near the hotel are bad per se.....

but, thing is, there is not much else to do near the airport, so it would basically mean just sleeping (which could be fine after a long trip, but sometimes I can't sleep due to jet lag). So, let's say I stay near the airport, then I'd wake up in an area I don't know well and with not much to do and I would just head to Pattaya anyways..... so, the way I see it, what's the point in spending money to get a nice room in a place I don't like. I'd rather travel one more hour, go to Pattaya and stay at my usual guesthouse (which is very nice but is half the price of any equivalent place in Bangkok, a city that is really overpriced these days), with the option of looking for company if I can't sleep, and at the very least waking up the next day in a place I like and with options like going to the beach etc instead of just getting a bus to Pattaya.

Archived