IGNORED

Condo For Rent Wanted

messiah

21 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Call me when you visit in Jan happy to show you I have some studios that are taken long term however that can some times change.

Yes it is above your quoted price however for 3 months its only 1,000 a month more.   The internet costs me more than 1,000tb a month.

Its the same as the one ChiFlyer has in VT2A and is paying 28,000tb a month on a long term contract.

Also you will need to consider its in high season.

I really don't like to rent for less than 3 months however if its close to the arrival date i sometimes will.

Clearly if you have not payed a booking deposit then it is open to rental offers that I may take.

JDM

Understood.

I'll give you a call to see the place and any other options.

Thanks!

On 30/12/2018 at 20:50, davidge said:

If you want, I’m happy to post a list of places I’m aware of and a rough idea of rents. Just let me know. I’ve looked at a lot of condos in the last couple of years, especially in Jomtien.

Hi Davidge..

May I trouble you with that list of places you're aware of?

Many thanks again!

Just now, messiah said:

Hi Davidge..

May I trouble you with that list of places you're aware of?

Many thanks again!

I’ve mainly been looking in Jomtien so the ones below are all located there. I’ve stayed in a lot  of them and have looked at condos in the others.

A couple of explanatory notes:

First the size in sq m is the usual size of a studio in that building. Some buildings may have the odd studio slightly larger. A 1-bed is two studios made into one condo so will be double the size.

Secondly, the rents I’m quoting are for longer term rentals, especially if you negotiate. If you just stay a month, or less, then the cost will be higher.

I’m not saying you won’t find some asking rents higher or lower but I think this is a pretty good guide from what I’ve seen over the last 3 or 4 years.

Condo 

Size

Studio rent 

1-bed rent

VT1

7000-9000

12000-15000

VT2

10000-12000

15000-20000

VT5

14000-18000

25000-35000

VT7

15000-20000

30000-40000

Jomtien Complex

15000-20000

28000-45000

Neo

Varies

14000-35000

Jomtien Beach

10000-15000?

20000-30000?

Neo is a modern condo so has units of various sizes rather than a standard size. Jomtien Beach has more than one building so rents can vary.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there are condos in Central Pattaya where you ‘might’ find something at the very top of your budget. See my earlier post for names.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, davidge said:

I’ve mainly been looking in Jomtien so the ones below are all located there. I’ve stayed in a lot  of them and have looked at condos in the others.

A couple of explanatory notes:

First the size in sq m is the usual size of a studio in that building. Some buildings may have the odd studio slightly larger. A 1-bed is two studios made into one condo so will be double the size.

Secondly, the rents I’m quoting are for longer term rentals, especially if you negotiate. If you just stay a month, or less, then the cost will be higher.

I’m not saying you won’t find some asking rents higher or lower but I think this is a pretty good guide from what I’ve seen over the last 3 or 4 years.

Condo 

Size

Studio rent 

1-bed rent

VT1

7000-9000

12000-15000

VT2

10000-12000

15000-20000

VT5

14000-18000

25000-35000

VT7

15000-20000

30000-40000

Jomtien Complex

15000-20000

28000-45000

Neo

Varies

14000-35000

Jomtien Beach

10000-15000?

20000-30000?

Neo is a modern condo so has units of various sizes rather than a standard size. Jomtien Beach has more than one building so rents can vary.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there are condos in Central Pattaya where you ‘might’ find something at the very top of your budget. See my earlier post for names.

Thanks man!

I'll take a look at the VT properties... A studio could do just as well depending on the rent.

Jomtien Beach Condominium has studios for 7k, i know someone who is staying there for 3-6 mths

Just now, Scuba+ said:

Jomtien Beach Condominium has studios for 7k, i know someone who is staying there for 3-6 mths

Sounds great!

I'm low maintenance, so it just might work if there are any available.

Just now, Scuba+ said:

Yes, I had a question mark as I haven’t really looked to stay there - though I did look at a couple of condos that were for sale. I’ve seen a very wide range of rents being asked as, I think, there can be quite a difference between the standard of condos depending on whether they’ve been renovated or not. The ones across second rd are there as well - so hundreds of condos altogether.

Sounds great!
I'm low maintenance, so it just might work if there are any available.
Yes will be available, 2 big blocks, 100s of condos. Well maintained blocks and gardens, pool, around 15 years old. If someone wants to spend under 10k and happy with Jomtien then this is a good option

Just now, Scuba+ said:

Yes will be available, 2 big blocks, 100s of condos. Well maintained blocks and gardens, pool, around 15 years old. If someone wants to spend under 10k and happy with Jomtien then this is a good option

Actually 25 years old and 5 blocks. Almost 4000 condos altogether!

Strange that, when i pass there it looks like one big block Beach side and a second block off 2nd road, maybe its split but I've not noticed. Apparently when it was built there was no 2nd road which split the blocks up

Just now, Scuba+ said:
Just now, davidge said:

Strange that, when i pass there it looks like one big block Beach side and a second block off 2nd road, maybe its split but I've not noticed. Apparently when it was built there was no 2nd road which split the blocks up

The 2 on the beach side of second road are actually joined, I think, but have separate entrances and elevators etc.

The 3 across the road are parallel to each other. If you look from the beach end though, you can only see the front block.

The 2 blocks beach side share a pool while the 3 the other side share another pool. I’d imagine that means they get quite busy.

The 2 on the beach side of second road are actually joined, I think, but have separate entrances and elevators etc.
The 3 across the road are parallel to each other. If you look from the beach end though, you can only see the front block.
The 2 blocks beach side share a pool while the 3 the other side share another pool. I’d imagine that means they get quite busy.
a friend did say "the pool area is like an old peoples home" but if someone wants somewhere cheaper no big deal, just don't expect hot thai girls to be there

Just now, Scuba+ said:
Just now, davidge said:

a friend did say "the pool area is like an old peoples home" but if someone wants somewhere cheaper no big deal, just don't expect hot thai girls to be there

I know there are older, long term expats that have been there a while and are happy there.

As for the blocks, I ‘think’ the ones nearer the beach are known as S1 and S2, and the other three are A1, A2 and A3.

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:
1 hour ago, davidge said:
Apparently when it was built there was no 2nd road which split the blocks up

Yes. Condos built early/mid 90’s. Second road roughly 10 years or so ago.

Jomtien Beach condos are pretty crappy and at least the ones which are located other side of the Jomtien 2nd Road are pretty far from the baht bus. About the same as living in Pratumnak. There you can have almost new studio for 7kbht/month including wifi, sauna, pool, gym etc.

I now pay 8500bht/month for 1BR apartment. I'm first one living here and have all the necessary stuff including the washing machine and nice kitchen. Also the building is built more like European standard than normal thai condo, where all the taps start leaking after you step inside with other problems too. I'm lazy so I have my own motobike for transport. many old people here walk to baht bus.

All the condos in the area which are near the baht bus are more expensive like Axis, Hyde Park 2 etc.

City Garden condo looked very nice and is in OP's price range if he likes to live in the studio apartment. Location is quiet and can walk to soi Buakhao in 5 minutes.

Jomtien Beach condos are pretty crappy and at least the ones which are located other side of the Jomtien 2nd Road are pretty far from the baht bus. About the same as living in Pratumnak. There you can have almost new studio for 7kbht/month including wifi, sauna, pool, gym etc.
I now pay 8500bht/month for 1BR apartment. I'm first one living here and have all the necessary stuff including the washing machine and nice kitchen. Also the building is built more like European standard than normal thai condo, where all the taps start leaking after you step inside with other problems too. I'm lazy so I have my own motobike for transport. many old people here walk to baht bus.
All the condos in the area which are near the baht bus are more expensive like Axis, Hyde Park 2 etc.
City Garden condo looked very nice and is in OP's price range if he likes to live in the studio apartment. Location is quiet and can walk to soi Buakhao in 5 minutes.

The problem with not being close to baht bus route is if someone still wants to go out central / walking st etc they will need to use taxis. Although i have a motorbike i still like to be in 30 min walking range for when I'm drinking. One of the problems with Pratamak seems to be the dogs late, so maybe not a fun walk. Depends exactly where the dogs are

On 04/01/2019 at 08:31, Scuba+ said:

The problem with not being close to baht bus route is if someone still wants to go out central / walking st etc they will need to use taxis. Although i have a motorbike i still like to be in 30 min walking range for when I'm drinking. One of the problems with Pratamak seems to be the dogs late, so maybe not a fun walk. Depends exactly where the dogs are

Agree, got to be a bit wary of packs of dogs if walking in some quiet areas of Pratumnak at night.

I went to pay the yearly maintenance bills at VT2B yesterday and there was a note on the shop window in the lobby

asking if anyone had a studio or one bedroom for rent for Feb and March the woman has been living there many years and her sister was visiting Thailand.

She had a look at the apartment and immediately payed the booking deposit so I am sorry the apartment is no longer available for rent until end of March.

I am more than happy to show it to you if you would like to see it for your consideration when next you plan to visit.

I will PM you my Tel number.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived