IGNORED

Condo For Rent Wanted

messiah

Hi...

I'll be moving to Pattaya in March or April, possibly long term, and I'd like to rent a Condo for 3 months to start with.

I want a place with good Internet speeds/bandwidth for my work, security and general convenience in terms of shopping and moving around (and access to female action as well).

Things like a swimming pool, Sauna, Gym, Tennis courts etc... at this point are not really necessary for me.

I just want a very nice place in the 10 to 15,000 BHT range... with or without the above started extra like a pool.

Apologies for not quite knowing the names of the areas around the city. But I'm flexible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You need to consider how you will get around, as that makes a difference to the areas to consider. Will you want to use baht buses only or will you have your own transport or be happy using mototaxis and accept the daily cost, or taxis and accept the higher daily cost?

Lots available in your budget - though it depends what you call ‘a very nice place’. 

Very Central Pattaya, on a regular baht bus route, then a decent guesthouse is a possibility. Slightly further out in Central Pattaya then a few condos, which will have pool etc.

Many condo options on Pratumnak but not on baht bus route.

Decent condo options in Jomtien on the baht bus route, though maybe 20 minutes to central Pattaya. Lots more condo options in Jomtien not on baht bus route.

I’m not familiar with Naklua.

Maybe consider the sort of area you want to stay (in the middle of the action/quieter/very quiet) and how you plan to get around, then I’m sure you’ll get specific recommendations. Otherwise there are so many options it’s difficult just to recommend one or two.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, davidge said:

You need to consider how you will get around, as that makes a difference to the areas to consider. Will you want to use baht buses only or will you have your own transport or be happy using mototaxis and accept the daily cost, or taxis and accept the higher daily cost?

Lots available in your budget - though it depends what you call ‘a very nice place’. 

Very Central Pattaya, on a regular baht bus route, then a decent guesthouse is a possibility. Slightly further out in Central Pattaya then a few condos, which will have pool etc.

Many condo options on Pratumnak but not on baht bus route.

Decent condo options in Jomtien on the baht bus route, though maybe 20 minutes to central Pattaya. Lots more condo options in Jomtien not on baht bus route.

I’m not familiar with Naklua.

Maybe consider the sort of area you want to stay (in the middle of the action/quieter/very quiet) and how you plan to get around, then I’m sure you’ll get specific recommendations. Otherwise there are so many options it’s difficult just to recommend one or two.

Thanks for the quick response!

1). My major source of transportation will be by Baht bus.
2). I'd like to be close enough to the action,  but not right in the middle of it.

So based on your suggestions, "Slightly further out in Central Pattaya" will  be a good option I think...

How do I go around getting quotes from Property owners? Are local agents good to use?
Or would it be best to deal with English speaking owners here?

Thanks again.

Just now, messiah said:

Thanks for the quick response!

1). My major source of transportation will be by Baht bus.
2). I'd like to be close enough to the action,  but not right in the middle of it.

So based on your suggestions, "Slightly further out in Central Pattaya" will  be a good option I think...

How do I go around getting quotes from Property owners? Are local agents good to use?
Or would it be best to deal with English speaking owners here?

Thanks again.

E5CEE0BF-DBD2-4E01-AB86-9C5E7690E075.jpeg

The red circle is what I’d call very Central Pattaya. There are condo options slightly further out to the East but they’re not really on a good baht bus route. There are some but not what I’d call regular or convenient.

Just North of the circle there are a few condos just off Second Road so pretty convenient for baht bus - though less so if you’re going South.

If you want to rely completely on baht buses, I’d say within the circle or Jomtien. I stay in Jomtien each trip now but it’s not to everyone’s taste.

On the whole, I find agents unreliable and untrustworthy on the whole but there are loads of them. There are a few BMs here that rent out condos and are usually pretty good. Other condos you really need to walk in and speak to the office or look at the notice boards.

In any case, I wouldn’t book 3 months immediately. Stay somewhere a few days or a week to look around first. Maybe book 1 month then to see what it’s like living there before committing long term.

There are loads of condos for rent and many are empty.

Just to explain, the rather badly drawn red lines below are the regular, easy baht bus routes. There are other routes but I don’t find them always easy to use. I’ve not included Naklua to the north as I’m not familiar with it.

AB66860B-FDD4-4143-B5B7-FBA552A087FA.jpeg

Just now, davidge said:

The red circle is what I’d call very Central Pattaya. There are condo options slightly further out to the East but they’re not really on a good baht bus route. There are some but not what I’d call regular or convenient.

Just North of the circle there are a few condos just off Second Road so pretty convenient for baht bus - though less so if you’re going South.

If you want to rely completely on baht buses, I’d say within the circle or Jomtien. I stay in Jomtien each trip now but it’s not to everyone’s taste.

On the whole, I find agents unreliable and untrustworthy on the whole but there are loads of them. There are a few BMs here that rent out condos and are usually pretty good. Other condos you really need to walk in and speak to the office or look at the notice boards.

In any case, I wouldn’t book 3 months immediately. Stay somewhere a few days or a week to look around first. Maybe book 1 month then to see what it’s like living there before committing long term.

There are loads of condos for rent and many are empty.

Thanks Davidge for all the info!

You mentioned you usually stay in Jomtien? How's it like?

I'm quite worried about what I would do with myself away from the action... But I also know it's not financially viable to be in the middle of all that action all the time..

My basic needs are Thai lessons, Yoga classes, massages, great local food etc to effectively pass my time while I'm these... Can I get these activities at reasonable prices in Jomtien?

Just now, messiah said:

Thanks Davidge for all the info!

You mentioned you usually stay in Jomtien? How's it like?

I'm quite worried about what I would do with myself away from the action... But I also know it's not financially viable to be in the middle of all that action all the time..

My basic needs are Thai lessons, Yoga classes, massages, great local food etc to effectively pass my time while I'm these... Can I get these activities at reasonable prices in Jomtien?

I started this thread when I first stayed in Jomtien and have tried to update it each time I’ve been back:

As far as negatives go, it can be a bit of a pain sitting on a baht bus going into Pattaya if you’re doing it twice a day every day. Traffic can be very bad in the evenings and it has taken me 40 minutes to get to Central Festival. Most times it’s 15-25 minutes though. There’s also more of an obvious gay scene in Jomtien if that bothers you. It’s easy to avoid but some people do seem to go apeshit seeing farang blokes walking around with male companions.

On the plus side, you’re out of the madness and can wander around quite peacefully and it’s often cooler than Pattaya as there’s more of a breeze off the sea, especially in the evening. You can find a better condo for your budget in Jomtien than in Central Pattaya.

There are loads of restaurants. Some are a bit pricey but plenty that are not. There’s only one supermarket, which isn’t the cheapest, but plenty of 7-11s and Family Marts.

Lots of places for massage, both with and without Happy Ending. No idea about yoga, sorry.

There are enough beer bars in Jomtien to have a quietish drink in the evening. Plenty of company available, though depends on your tastes. No gogos really - There is one but.....:ThumbDown1:

As I said, don’t commit to 3 months anyway. Look around first, book for up to a month, then see how you go.

Many people don’t like Jomtien as they want to be closer to the action, but plenty of expats enjoy it there.

Just now, davidge said:

I started this thread when I first stayed in Jomtien and have tried to update it each time I’ve been back:

As far as negatives go, it can be a bit of a pain sitting on a baht bus going into Pattaya if you’re doing it twice a day every day. Traffic can be very bad in the evenings and it has taken me 40 minutes to get to Central Festival. Most times it’s 15-25 minutes though. There’s also more of an obvious gay scene in Jomtien if that bothers you. It’s easy to avoid but some people do seem to go apeshit seeing farang blokes walking around with male companions.

On the plus side, you’re out of the madness and can wander around quite peacefully and it’s often cooler than Pattaya as there’s more of a breeze off the sea, especially in the evening. You can find a better condo for your budget in Jomtien than in Central Pattaya.

There are loads of restaurants. Some are a bit pricey but plenty that are not. There’s only one supermarket, which isn’t the cheapest, but plenty of 7-11s and Family Marts.

Lots of places for massage, both with and without Happy Ending. No idea about yoga, sorry.

There are enough beer bars in Jomtien to have a quietish drink in the evening. Plenty of company available, though depends on your tastes. No gogos really - There is one but.....:ThumbDown1:

As I said, don’t commit to 3 months anyway. Look around first, book for up to a month, then see how you go.

Many people don’t like Jomtien as they want to be closer to the action, but plenty of expats enjoy it there.

All points taken!

Thanks a million for taking the time to pass on all this information!

No problem. Have a think about being more central or, maybe, Jomtien then people will soon recommend specific condos for you to look at.

I am also a Jomtien person. I prefer it as it is more laid back, has a better beach, has better restaurants (IMO), and the gay scene does not bother me. The major negative is as Davidge said the commute into Pattaya, but I do that once a week or so and usually during the day.

I stay in a place called VT2A. I have a one bedroom condo and it is considerably (28,000) more expensive than your target. You could probably find a studio in there for your price range. The baht bus stops practically at the front door. Plenty of agents on the first floor to talk to. It is a great location and the pool area (a biggie for me) is very nice. 

I have a friend who rents/sells condos in the Jomtien area. I am merely a conduit to her business and have no financial incentive with regard to any potential agreement. PM me if interested. I will not get into particulars on the open board. Give me your particulars (price, location, extras, etc.) and I will ask her if she has anything in inventory that meets your needs.

If you are going to relocate here, you need to learn to use a motorbike at some point. IMO. And I am still working on that one after two years. :)

You’re paying far too much :GoldenSmile1:

Just now, davidge said:

You’re paying far too much :GoldenSmile1:

I like what I have for now. I am looking for better value going forward. :)

My basic needs are Thai lessons, Yoga classes, massages, great local food etc to effectively pass my time while I'm these...

You'll need to have a decent flat screen TV, Wifi, maybe buy a TV box if you don't have one. You won't be out all the time so need options when back in your condo. As well as other stuff i watch movies, series, youtube and listen to quite a lot of podcasts and catch up radio

22 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

You'll need to have a decent flat screen TV, Wifi, maybe buy a TV box if you don't have one. You won't be out all the time so need options when back in your condo. As well as other stuff i watch movies, series, youtube and listen to quite a lot of podcasts and catch up radio

I thought most of the interior facilities were usually included in most of the Pattaya Condos?

Just now, messiah said:

I thought most of the interior facilities were usually included in most of the Pattaya Condos?

Standard will vary. 

Big tv or small tv. DVD player or not. Washing machine or maybe not. Probably cable but maybe extra for full channels. Maybe Wifi or maybe you’ll have to pay for your own. Kitchen equipment varies.

You’ll have to pay for electricity and water - some places charge more per unit than others.

I will rent you a 74sqm  one bedroom in VT2B for one month at 22,000tb and then 2 more months at 16,500 per month.

Or if you sign a contract for 3 months then the rent will be 16,500 per month.

16,000tb is the yearly rate however I will give you that rate for the 2nd and 3rd month if you wish to rent.

It has a 50in LED smart TV, and dvd player in the main room and a large LED TV in the bedroom, direct internet and cable tv included in the rental charge.

Fully equipped Kitchen. washing machine. electricity and water at government and condo rates no mark up by me.

No Sauna, Gym, Tennis it has a very nice pool. 

You will be registered at immigration by me.

Take a look at it on my website:

Its room 218 left click on the photo to see more photos.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

PM me if interested and we can discuss the booking fee.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

Just now, JAI DEE MAK said:

I will rent you a 74sqm  one bedroom in VT2B for one month at 22,000tb and then 2 more months at 16,500 per month.

16,000tb is the yearly rate however I will give you that rate for the 2nd and 3rd month if you wish to rent.

It has a 50in LED smart TV, and dvd player in the main room and a large LED TV in the bedroom, direct internet and cable tv included in the rental charge.

Fully equipped Kitchen. washing machine. electricity and water at government and condo rates no mark up by me.

JDM

Hi...

Thanks for the offer.

I'll be visiting Pattaya from January 9th and would like to take a look.

Do you by any chance have anything smaller and cheaper? Since this is above the range I quoted?

23 hours ago, messiah said:

I want a place with good Internet speeds/bandwidth for my work, security and general convenience in terms of shopping and moving around (and access to female action as well).

internet speed are generally good in Thailand

But you will need to rent from an owner that has it connected or get a connection your self this will add around 1000 per month to your rent   .or if its  free as most new condos now have WiFi included but it is a unsecured and slower than getting your own connection.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

4 hours ago, messiah said:

Hi...

Thanks for the offer.

Do you by any chance have anything smaller and cheaper? Since this is above the range I quoted?

How firm is your budget?

Remember the ‘extras’ each month.

You will have electricity & water. The cost will mainly depend on how much you use a/c. I visit for a month at a time and I know I have high usage but I usually find it costs me around 3500 baht a month for electricity & water. Others will use much less.

If internet is not included then you need to allow maybe 1000-1500 a month. So take that into account when comparing condos that include it and those that don’t.

If you want decent tv, look at which cable package is included. If you need to pay each month for more channels that adds to your costs - or buy an Android TV box.

Lots to consider I know :)

If you want, I’m happy to post a list of places I’m aware of and a rough idea of rents. Just let me know. I’ve looked at a lot of condos in the last couple of years, especially in Jomtien.

Edit: just checked my spreadsheet for my month’s stay last July and I used 452 units of electricity. Bear this in mind when looking at places where some may charge 4.5 baht per unit and some 7 baht or higher.

I would have thought you should look at The Base on 2nd road. It's very central (you can walk everywhere), is fairly new and I believe has a fitness centre and will have modern wifi. Like most new condos, I doubt the swimming pool will be long enough to do lengths - you'd need about 20 metres and no building nowadays has that length of swimming pool unless you choose a ViewTalay in Jomtien.

I would have thought you should look at The Base on 2nd road. It's very central (you can walk everywhere), is fairly new and I believe has a fitness centre and will have modern wifi. Like most new condos, I doubt the swimming pool will be long enough to do lengths - you'd need about 20 metres and no building nowadays has that length of swimming pool unless you choose a ViewTalay in Jomtien.
and you think the rent is in the Ops range?

35 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
37 minutes ago, davidcraig said:

That’s why I didn’t really go into detail on very central condos. If he was very lucky he might find something decent at the very top of his budget in a few places, but add in the ‘extras’ and they’d be too much.

I guess Centric Sea, Center Condo or one of those on Second Rd Soi 15 (Avenue, City Garden, Urban, Pride etc) may be worth a look just in case.

10 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
10 hours ago, davidcraig said:
centara avenue 75 meters,only 5 wide 

Occasionally   https://www.rentalfortheholidays.com/en/search/projects/the-base-central-pattaya has rooms in kow season in the 13 k to 15 k range but with bills ???

Reading all the replies  the OP total budget is 15 k may be it Nurin /City Center Residence/Novana Residence/ yensabai for him or yes to jomtiem more bang for your buck.look at Baan Suan Lalana /Hyde park there heaps out there in both.. give baht ans sold a look as well.https://www.bahtsold.com/quicksearch2?c=11&ca=1&pr_from=0&pr_to=15000&top=1&s=&page=1

prices shown are for yearly contracts.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

19 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

JDM

Very classy looking Condo...spacious too. Good value at 16,000.

On 30/12/2018 at 13:55, messiah said:

Hi...

Thanks for the offer.

Call me when you visit in Jan happy to show you I have some studios that are taken long term however that can some times change.

Yes it is above your quoted price however for 3 months its only 1,000 a month more.   The internet costs me more than 1,000tb a month.

Its the same as the one ChiFlyer has in VT2A and is paying 28,000tb a month on a long term contract.

Also you will need to consider its in high season.

I really don't like to rent for less than 3 months however if its close to the arrival date i sometimes will.

Clearly if you have not payed a booking deposit then it is open to rental offers that I may take.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

Archived