Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

4g in Pattaya

taylor1975

In Bangkok at the moment,will retest in Pattaya tomorrow. Bought Unlimited data, tourist sim for $1650 at The Airport on arrival. The Service has been very reliable,some times faster never slow.

flag_th.png
Download
Average
26.35 Mb/s
Peak
Mb/s

Upload
Average
21.63 Mb/s
Peak
Mb/s

Latency
Average
58.62 ms
Jitter
50.70 ms
Minimum
ms
[TH] Nakhon Pathom - 10 Gb/s - Trueflag_th.png2043_144x144.png
ISP:
True Internet
Connection type:
unknown
IPv4:
IPv6:
IPv6 not available
ASN:
AS132061
Chrome 71.0
System:
Android [32 bits]

$ 1650  wow   ,  must be the most expensive ever  , why do I pay 220 baht   ?

$ 1650  wow   ,  must be the most expensive ever  , why do I pay 220 baht   ?
Yes that is steep, I'm 2500 baht a year unlimited data with AIS, 4mbps which is fast enough for streaming movies, youtube etc

The True Unlimited Plan,yes it was expensive but it is fast.
Download
Average
66.56 Mb/s
Peak
Mb/s

Upload
Average
26.76 Mb/s
Peak
Mb/s

Latency
Average
65.49 ms
Jitter
54.20 ms
Minimum
ms

[TH] Nakhon Pathom - 10 Gb/s - Trueflag_th.png2043_144x144.png
ISP:
True Internet
Connection type:
unknown
IPv4:
IPv6:
IPv6 not available
ASN:
AS132061
Chrome 71.0
System:
Android [32 bits]

Restart

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2019 at 02:01, KittenKong said:

You dont need to switch if you have a dual-SIM phone (or possibly a dongle).

To save 1250B I dont mind a bit of faff. If that package is no longer available from True next year I can always buy something else.

Their new SIMs cap both bandwidth and data by volume. Too many people using them as their main connection perhaps.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a DTAC unlimited data sim for 1 month - 800b. Turns out that after you use 9gb of data, the speed drops to 0.3mbps!

Telcos worldwide should be banned from using the word "unlimited". Lying cunts do the same here - Australia.

Typed on a Motorola Moto- Z2-Force using fingers.

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/01/2019 at 18:01, KittenKong said:

You dont need to switch if you have a dual-SIM phone (or possibly a dongle).

To save 1250B I dont mind a bit of faff. If that package is no longer available from True next year I can always buy something else.

Most phones are not dual SIM.  Even high end phones costing several hundred dollars.  So not sure why guys point that out all the time like it's a viable option for most people to spend hundreds on a new phone just for that small convenience.

Anyone thinking of using a cell provider as their primary internet connection should be aware that they block or throttle certain types of traffic.  I know for a fact that AIS blocks bittorrent traffic.  You can get around that with a VPN connection but then that is another thing you have to deal with in that case and it would probably be a violation of their terms of service.

Most phones are not dual SIM.  Even high end phones costing several hundred dollars.  So not sure why guys point that out all the time like it's a viable option for most people to spend hundreds on a new phone just for that small convenience.

In Asia they are. Go to Tukom. 95% of their phones are dual SIM.. except their iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, hioctane said:

In Asia they are. Go to Tukom. 95% of their phones are dual SIM.. except their iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Samsung Galaxy phones.  Yes, there are dual SIM versions of those but I am guessing most of the Galaxy phones in Tukom are not that version.

And Samsung Galaxy phones.  Yes, there are dual SIM versions of those but I am guessing most of the Galaxy phones in Tukom are not that version.
Dual sim seems standard here, my Samsung J7 has dual, available from Jaymart and all over Pattaya. Not sure if the top end Samsungs do

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
7 hours ago, samiam123abc said:

Dual sim seems standard here, my Samsung J7 has dual, available from Jaymart and all over Pattaya. Not sure if the top end Samsungs do

Actually, I was referring to Galaxy S phones.  I forgot about those J phones they sell in Thailand.

Actually, I was referring to Galaxy S phones.  I forgot about those J phones they sell in Thailand.

I just had a look at the S9 in Jaymart, also 2 sims, maybe 2 sims are standard here8b18390b3ddc9a4d7ef26c21e2a2e8e0.jpg

Archived