Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Adelphi up to date review

freddy73

Currently 10 days into a 16 night stay.

A great hotel, everything really good, nice staff, friendly chambermaids, clean decent sized room, rooftop pool and pretty good breakfast.

I know there's been complaint's about the building work next door, but that hasn't been a problem for me, looks like most of the heavy duty work has been completed.

My only complaint would be the hotels internal sound proofing, have been woken on several occasions by slamming doors and my neighbor above stomping around - although this may be more of a complaint about inconsiderate guests rather than the hotel itself.

Guest friendly, 2nd joiner 500 Baht.

Looking forward to returning in a few weeks.

Note, booked a deluxe double room through Agoda and asked for a smoking room. Non smoking hotel, so was upgraded to a deluxe double balcony - this wasn't intentional, Agoda lists all rooms as having a balcony, or they did when I booked.

Booked in advance and paid 1500 Baht per night.

I stayed at Adelphi last March where the construction noise was UNBEARABLE!  It was a constant ''thump bang thump'' from 8am to 4-5pm everyday! 

I felt sooo sorry for the staff who were constantly apologizing for the loud noise. During my stay they had a least 6 people leave because of this problem.

I will definitely stay here again although will wait another year until the surrounding construction has TOTALLY finished. 

The rooms are very nice, breakfast was ok, wouldn't say great....the staff were excellent, they all spoke English very well & were very helpful with requests.

The only other downside was the pool....i was a  little shocked in how small it was, so i wouldn't stay here in high season, would be too crowded. 

March 18 339.jpg

Just to add an update to this review,  coming toward the end of my 16 night stay here and things haven't been so rosy.

Although the construction work has been tolerable, the lack of internal sound proofing in the hotel is terrible.

Didn't notice it at fist as I was at the start of my trip and drunk a lot.

But it seems to gotten worse, you can hear conversations from neighboring rooms, their TV over yours sometimes and the impact noise from the room above was intolerable.

I asked to change rooms but they were full - I must say the staff were very apologetic, but that didn't really help.

I had the last two weeks of my trip booked and paid for here (middle of January) - on a non refundable booking via Agoda and I was seriously considering writing it off.

I spoke to the reception and politely asked if I could cancel, but due to the nature of the booking it was not possible - in their defence, they did promise to reserve a room on the top floor for my return to eliminate impact noise.

I still wasn't thrilled about returning, so got on to Agoda, it took a few well worded back and forth emails (they flat out refused at first), but today they refunded my future non refundable booking in full.

Really pleased as I think I would have written it off as I'm not happy here, booked into the LK royal wing for only £50 more for the whole stay.

Worth noting if you like your peace and quiet..

Screenshot_2018-12-19-16-14-50.png

I was on floor 2 and never noticed any ‘internal’ noise apart from the odd cleaner with a vacuum; but if other guests are noisy this would not impress me.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 15/05/2019 at 01:42, masterslayer169 said:

Is the construction still going on? 

finished. new hotel behind is open. called amber

Archived