IGNORED

Emirates Seating Booking

blue1878

Tomorrow I'm flying to Thailand and I am flying with Emirates.  So I am flying Manchester - Dubai - Bangkok.  And the same in reverse at the end of my holiday.  Anyway I booked my flights months and months ago and whilst I was online booking my flights I booked my seats on all 4 flights.  And I booked the same seat on all 4 flights which is 42C.  So I had to pay 4 X £25 for the seats. A total of £100.

A short while ago I decided I will check in online.  I've never done this before and I am glad that I did because I noticed that according to the online check in my seat for the Manchester to Dubai flight is 45C not 42C.  I know it's only 3 rows back from what I booked and payed for months ago but I'm not happy.

42C the seat I booked and payed for is the aisle seat of the 2nd row from the front of economy.  And the seat is on the left hand side of economy right by the door of the plane.  I booked this for a reason.  So I phoned Emirates and asked why and got told that a different A380 plane has been asigned to this flight and this is the reason why I got given 45C.   I asked the guy I was talking to if he can change my seat to 42C because this A380 has a 42C.  His reply is his system wont allow him to change my seat from 45C to 42C and if I go to the check in desks tomorrow they might be able to make the change.  So I will get to Check in early tomorrow and see if I can get 42C.

Booking seats in advance used to be free so if I now have to pay £25 per seat I expect to keep the seat I booked.  

RANT OVER

If you have now checked in, then you can't do it yourself anymore.

If you haven't checked in yet, then you can change the seat yourself

I am very surprised the Emirates staff can't change the seat for you though, unless that seat has now been booked by somebody else, but they would have told you if that was the case

Obviously paying for a seat is not a guarantee that you will have that seat

I did a pre-seat book with BA, 20 quid I think, it is worth it as you say and not great you don't get the seat paid for. I got mine, left seat centre aisle, left because 1 (larger) toilet left side, two toilets right side, so heavier traffic. Always sweet when you get nobody in the middle, which I did.

I fly with Emirates regularly also but I refuse to pay for booking a seat when I am purchasing the flight online. You can check in online 48 hrs before the flight time and when doing this I can pick a seat at the same time. I always prefer an aisle seat and by checking in as near the 48hrs before the flight goes I have always been able to get an aisle seat pretty near the front of plane where I like.

I know its not as good as booking the seats when booking the flight but I would rather have the extra cash in my pocket to spend.

its much the same now with etihad who i fly with. they can bugger off if they think i'm gonna pay extra. i prefer an aisle seat and can still usually get one but it's families or couples i feel sorry for. try adding 4 legs for 4 people x 25 pounds and it's getting expensive

A lot of airlines getting in on the act now charging for advance seat booking think we already pay enough for the flights in the first place and seats should be included in the flight price, this is just another kick in the teeth charge for us, and extra's for the airlines. 

Just to point out that paying for advance seat reservation with Emirates is completely voluntary, and up to the individual. There is the option to choose a seat for free when online check-in opens, if you don't like the one Emirates automatically allocate you however the selection of seats to choose from may be little, depending how full the flight is

I've had 9 Emirates flights this year (8 long haul & 1 short HGK-BKK) & not paid a penny to reserve seats, despite not being able to book seats in advance for free before online check-in opens. On all 9 flights, I got an aisle seat in the area I wanted to be,  which is what I wanted.

I have another 4 flights in Jan/Feb 2019, and I have not paid a penny to reserve seats on them either, as of now

8 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Just to point out that paying for advance seat reservation with Emirates is completely voluntary, and up to the individual. There is the option to choose a seat for free when online check-in opens, if you don't like the one Emirates automatically allocate you however the selection of seats to choose from may be little, depending how full the flight is

I've had 9 Emirates flights this year (8 long haul & 1 short HGK-BKK) & not paid a penny to reserve seats, despite not being able to book seats in advance for free before online check-in opens. On all 9 flights, I got an aisle seat in the area I wanted to be,  which is what I wanted.

I have another 4 flights in Jan/Feb 2019, and I have not paid a penny to reserve seats on them either, as of now

8 long haul flights in one year should give your a min of silver status which gives you free seat reservation ? or have i got it wrong ?

1 hour ago, brownmanc said:

8 long haul flights in one year should give your a min of silver status which gives you free seat reservation ? or have i got it wrong ?

i have gold with etihad and used to get reservation no problem but now you have to pay.

Qatar are still free, and their frequent-flyers get priority on the smaller 2-4-2 Economy-cabin, upstairs at-the-back of their A380s.

Your seat seat should be absolutely guaranteed if you've paid to change it. Emirates have always had a habit of changing it seats and splitting you up last minute, that was when it was free. I'd be absolutely raging too and hope you gave them some abuse at the check in desk!

Just now, bangna said:

Oman Air introduced 'Economy Lite' a month ago, advance seat selection is £8.10 per leg.

Not bad if uve had a leg off isn't that

8 hours ago, tez4life said:

Your seat seat should be absolutely guaranteed if you've paid to change it. Emirates have always had a habit of changing it seats and splitting you up last minute, that was when it was free. I'd be absolutely raging too and hope you gave them some abuse at the check in desk!

As I stated in the 1st reply, seats are usually never guaranteed, even if you have paid for them

14 hours ago, brownmanc said:

The 9 flights this year were on just 2 bookings, and don't even generate many airmiles to be honest

Just now, jaynewcastle said:

As I stated in the 1st reply, seats are usually never guaranteed, even if you have paid for them

It's a load of bollocks then isn't it lol 

Hi same experience due to plane change, I have been told I can claim my fee back after the flight, but not before.

57 sleeps not counting

TOP TIP.  Check you seats every days as the fights get closer.

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

The 9 flights this year were on just 2 bookings, and don't even generate many airmiles to be honest

The air miles are rubbish travelling Economy but LHR -BKK-LHR on Oman is 12,966 tier miles and 20,000 tier miles required for silver status. 2 trips in 12 months is enough.

Check in at business class desks, increased baggage allowance, entry to lounges and baggage should appear quickly to the carousel.

My last return from BKK I was given a Premium Lane pass, special security check and immigration desk but that it the first time it has happened.

N.B. I have no connection with Oman Air other than as a regular traveller.

I have silver status with Etihad and I still had to pay to reserve my seats :NoNo3:
Emirates silver status gives u free seat selection.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

10 hours ago, T-T-T said:

I would expect the seat and a refund for been pissed about. £100 extra to reserve a seat daylight robbery. 

Again, its personal choice whether you pay or not to reserve a seat

Its not compulsory

Those who do, obviously feel its worth it

On 06/12/2018 at 17:51, jaynewcastle said:

But as you are a silver member with Emirates your get the following benefits :- (incl free seat selection at time of booking)

Emirates benefits:

• All the benefits of Blue, plus:
  • Instant onboard upgrades with Skywards Miles
  • 25% bonus Skywards Miles on Emirates flights
  • Free Economy Class seat selection for you
  • Free Emirates Business Class lounge access for you in Dubai
  • Discounted Emirates First Class lounge access for you in Dubai
  • Priority check-in
  • Priority boarding
  • Guaranteed excess baggage allowances

Have you booked your seats for free covering your Jan/Feb19 ?

easiest option fly business, I got my seat for £1000 for xmas with gulf Air you get a mini cabin on all legs  .... Economy = after paying extra £100 for seat  plus food at the airport ( free food and booze in lounge inc top champagne if that is your tipple)   on both airports  , you get express through customs (fast track)  what is left few is a £100 would be worth considering I think . 

Be interesting to know total price of economy + expenses at airport.  

Archived