IGNORED

Manchester Airport new drop off charges

blue1878

1 minute ago, blue1878 said:

Interesting reading from a taxi drivers perspective:)

I usually get dropped off before 6am and it is busy but I've never found T1 departures congested.  Having said that I only use T1 departures once or twice a year.

People using T1 departures to pick people us is wrong 

I'll be going the airport next month and will pay the £3/£4 to be dropped off

Yeah in the busiest months especially September it was chaos at all the terminals.  Us taxi lads have known about these charges coming for a few years now, the airport held off implementing them until they absolutely had to do.   The new super terminal is coming on well now next to T2,  hopefully some of the problems we are facing as passengers will be rectified. 

2 minutes ago, Lancsman1976 said:

Yeah in the busiest months especially September it was chaos at all the terminals.  Us taxi lads have known about these charges coming for a few years now, the airport held off implementing them until they absolutely had to do.   The new super terminal is coming on well now next to T2,  hopefully some of the problems we are facing as passengers will be rectified. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the new super terminal.  I have a feeling these new charges will stay in place.

Do you think the problems with T1 Departures came about because of the security measures put in place a few years ago. At T1 departures you go up a ramp and at the top of the ramp a holiday maker used to be able to be dropped of right in front of departures but now at the top of the ramp vehicles are forced to the right.  Also some returning holiday makers used to be be picked up outside T1 arrivals BUT that isnt allowed anymore.  So people picking up would pick up at T1 departures to avoid paying car parking fees

Next month my flight is at 8:45am from T1 so I plan to be dropped off at about 5:45am so I am looking forward to see how busy T1 departures is.

14 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new super terminal.  I have a feeling these new charges will stay in place.

Do you think the problems with T1 Departures came about because of the security measures put in place a few years ago. At T1 departures you go up a ramp and at the top of the ramp a holiday maker used to be able to be dropped of right in front of departures but now at the top of the ramp vehicles are forced to the right.  Also some returning holiday makers used to be be picked up outside T1 arrivals BUT that isnt allowed anymore.  So people picking up would pick up at T1 departures to avoid paying car parking fees

Next month my flight is at 8:45am from T1 so I plan to be dropped off at about 5:45am so I am looking forward to see how busy T1 departures is.

Yes without a doubt as there's less space to drop off. T1 is getting flattened on a few years as it's not fit for purpose any longer and it really shows at times. They are closing the current T1 arrivals car park this weekend to build a temporary multi story in its place. Its closed for until April. You can still use a car park that is next to it currently used as meet and greet.  

You should be fine at this time of year,  I've had no problems the last few weeks. There are a lot less flights this time of year. 

27 minutes ago, Lancsman1976 said:

Yes without a doubt as there's less space to drop off. T1 is getting flattened on a few years as it's not fit for purpose any longer and it really shows at times. They are closing the current T1 arrivals car park this weekend to build a temporary multi story in its place. Its closed for until April. You can still use a car park that is next to it currently used as meet and greet.  

You should be fine at this time of year,  I've had no problems the last few weeks. There are a lot less flights this time of year. 

Lancsman next month I will be taking a closer look at T1 .  Thinking about it I think T1 is showing its age.  And maybe does need replacing with a more modern building that is best suited to the 21st century

Archived