IGNORED

Dining at Terminal21

Evil Penevil

I was extremely pleased to find the Beirut Restaurant here. 

The location in Bangkok at Ploenchit Center has been a favorite of mine for 20 years.

Craving some hummus, falafel or schwarma...this is the place.

What are the prices like at the food court? Same as the one at terminal 21 in Bangkok? 

A som Tam at the Bangkok terminal 21 food court is 35 b. It's 70 baht at the basement food court at central festival. 

Food court prices appear to be the same as Bangkok. I got plate duck and pork over rice and a mango banana smoothie for 79 baht.

Good topic to start.  I went a week ago and came to the view that it is a food orientated food mall with a few additional shops.

Slighty off topic but I would be interested in your view of the Chinese restaurant at the top of Soi 6 (just over the road on the left).  I had the dumplings there (they wer3 being made on the table in a large batch) and they were excellent.

More power to your elbow EP!

EP-   You owe me $25 for the computer part i just sent-  you tell me there is a salmon place (  i hope nova salmon- cold not hot )  that my crazed Thai GF would love-  but not a word about it here !!  ??  Are you trying to not pay your debt?  Cheers !!!!

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

15 hours ago, cashpoint said:

Good topic to start.  I went a week ago and came to the view that it is a food orientated food mall with a few additional shops.

Slighty off topic but I would be interested in your view of the Chinese restaurant at the top of Soi 6 (just over the road on the left).  I had the dumplings there (they wer3 being made on the table in a large batch) and they were excellent.

go to the under 300 baht and good thread... already reviewed there...

15 hours ago, pasta man said:

Food court prices appear to be the same as Bangkok. I got plate duck and pork over rice and a mango banana smoothie for 79 baht.

not the same... I find the food court in PTY serves smaller portions and not as good as BKK...

20 hours ago, jiz said:

Enjoyed some excellent Japanese food there.

Shakariki432 on 2nd floor.

Must be a chain since I've seen them in Bangkok too. Nice atmosphere, great service and food.

Much more interesting & fun than the old reliable Fuji. 

Thumbs up.

Shakaririki432.jpg

Original Pattaya location. Located on 2nd rd just up from Pattaya Tai...

On 16/11/2018 at 15:17, Evil Penevil said:

IMG_0001.jpg.141fc12164e0613c9bb3140ae9d3f8ea.jpg

I wonder if Hawker Chan will succeed in attracting more customers than it did on Beach Road?  The Hawker Chan branch at Terminal21 is said to be very popular, even crowded at times.

Was at A&W next door...  Hawker Chan had 1 customer... A&W had 8+

It's been decades since I've had a root beer float at the original A&W stand...  ah memories...

IMG_20181112_133728928-768x1024.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cashpoint said:

It has been reviewed here: Chinese Shaxian Snacks on 2nd Road Near Soi 6 and in the Under 300 Baht ... And Good! thread.

4 hours ago, tookinky4her said:

EP-   You owe me $25 for the computer part i just sent-  you tell me there is a salmon place (  i hope nova salmon- cold not hot )  that my crazed Thai GF would love-  but not a word about it here !!  ??  Are you trying to not pay your debt?  Cheers !!!!

I did offer to pay in advance! :D  Many thanks for sending it.  That part wasn't available at Tukcom.

Re salmon:  it's this pic to which I was referring-

IMG_0030.jpg.6529c3f25bd135d2ecca7033471a0270.jpg

And a Photoshop sharpened detail from the pic:

IMG_0030a.jpg.392eb06f6c0930b9332f43b41e1791b8.jpg

And the sharpened sign:

IMG_0030b.jpg.e425599503511e0c518945db9380f66f.jpg

It's raw salmon (sushi and sashimi) along the lines of Oishi.  Here's a pic from the Washi International Bufffet's Web site:

Untitled-12.jpg.d62cad809da4b952ab1ec370da5b8f23.jpg

3 hours ago, Saddic said:

Was at A&W next door...  Hawker Chan had 1 customer... A&W had 8+

I dropped two words from my comment and an't edit it now.  Here's how it should have read:

On 16/11/2018 at 15:17, Evil Penevil said:

I wonder if Hawker Chan will succeed in attracting more customers than it did on Beach Road?  The Hawker Chan branch at Terminal21 in Bangkok is said to be very popular, even crowded at times.

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I've been to the food court several times. It's good. If I lived at that end of town I would surely go often.

Apart from that I didnt see much of any huge interest, though the Washi buffet seemed OK for the price.

I tried the Sizzler also but as it has no view and plays awful music much too loudly I will just continue going to the one in Royal Garden which is much nicer.

I went a couple of weeks ago, couldn't get out quick enough, i still really dislike looking round shops. I fancied Penang gai, couldn't find it anywhere in the food court. I doubt I'd go back. Good for dragging your bird or wife around though

EP-  just joking with you-  yes-  Washi looks good for Nuch-  see you very end December- first half January

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

On 19/11/2018 at 00:28, tookinky4her said:

EP-  just joking with you-  yes-  Washi looks good for Nuch-  see you very end December- first half January

@tookinky4her   The food court at T21 is also a good option when you have six mouths to feed; it's good with a lot of dishes costing 30-40 baht.  Plus there's a lot for kids to see there.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

27 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

@tookinky4her   The food court at T21 is also a good option when you have six mouths to feed; it's good with a lot of dishes costing 30-40 baht.  Plus there's a lot for kids to see there.

Evil

Or to feed a TG who can eat 3, 4 time as you do. 

• 1 year later...

There’s a little burger place at the far end of the Japanese floor by that courtyard area that is worth visiting. First photo. 

Same level, slap bang in the middle of the floor by the escalators is a good place that does an extensive western menu, steaks etc. Got an absurd burger for the hell of it.  Really nice French fries too, hard to get decent fries in Thailand.  Second photo. 

FD76D997-E21E-40E1-9782-90229D782F03.jpeg

07AA6711-A001-469A-9D07-9A1109FEE6F3.jpeg

Edited by Arnie85