Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dining at Terminal21

Evil Penevil

Looks like there's a lot of choice... is it that empty or did you go when the doors just opened?

1 hour ago, Gibsons1 said:

Looks like there's a lot of choice... is it that empty or did you go when the doors just opened?

The masses would be eating in the food court, it's like the Feeding of the Five Thousand every day.....in the Bangkok one, will have a look at this one later this month.

Good man! :D

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

First off, great report!

It occurred to me that unlike stores in the U.S. and Europe that make much of their money during the Christmas/Chanukah season, Buddhist countries don't have a holiday associated with gift giving and therefore must make money by selling things people actually need on a year-around basis. Add to that the smaller change in temperature between winter and summer and thus less need for seasonal wear and it's no wonder Terminal 21 and other malls use lowered subsidized food prices to increase their visitor count!

• Thanks 2

Great review it has given me all the more reason to explore and taste what terminal 21 has to offer next time I am in town. @chirockr we must check this out and have a look

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Was very disappointed with the lack of choices in the western food scene compare to Bangkok's Terminal 21, No Mexican, No Tony Romas, No western catered  seafood restaurants, No Cinebun. If you don't like Japanese and other Asian food your choice is very limited there.

Edited by dan2016

Do yourself a favour - after you have eaten go to the toilets on the tokyo level. They are done like a japanese bathhouse. Very cool

• Like 3

12 Pints in Know it all

6 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

I took the pics at times it was relatively empty, weekdays mid-afternoon or late evening.  Around noon the eating places have more customers, at least some of them.  The day I ate at Jiao Zi Guan, it had 12 customers at 1.00 p.m. (four Thais, 7 Chinese and me). That's more than half-full, as it seats only 20.

Well-known places like MK and Fuiji were also half-full.  At Central Festival, there are often waiting lines for both.  I've never been to Terminal21 on a weekend, but I have been told there are a lot more customers then.

Here's what happens when you try to take photos when a lot of people are in motion:

IMG_0151.jpg.64fc67e296b4394eb62754d92d814cd0.jpg

4 hours ago, briguy said:

It occurred to me that unlike stores in the U.S. and Europe that make much of their money during the Christmas/Chanukah season, Buddhist countries don't have a holiday associated with gift giving and therefore must make money by selling things people actually need on a year-around basis. Add to that the smaller change in temperature between winter and summer and thus less need for seasonal wear and it's no wonder Terminal 21 and other malls use lowered subsidized food prices to increase their visitor count!

You're right.  Much of the retail sector in the U.S. is dependent on holidays for sales and profit.  My sister used to manage a toy store and said 75% of the store's sales came from Christmas, Halloween and Valentine's Day.  U.S. retailers commercialized those days very heavily, while the modern version of Thanksgiving is largely attributable to advertising by grocery stores.  In the famous "Franksgiving" incident, Pres. Franklin Roosevelt changed the date of Thanksgiving Day to the fourth Thursday in November from the last Thursday.  He did so to bolster Christmas sales, as Thanksgiving had traditionally marked the beginning of the Christmas season.

The Hollywood cinema floor and arcade games may also bolster visitor numbers to food outlets, especially the Food Court.

IMG_0217.jpg.24e13da961a6d0cc8b3e1f0a79ea31de.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg.5a5402ab7eaf326b17b2ad6ff5408ab8.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg.c1a850ef2764f91f12672ca1d42ef9b8.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg.e8a3dbaba9675435e250232234cd5917.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Very nice review sir, great work. Obviously, this is added in my visit list when I am in town next time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, briguy said:

First off, great report!

2 hours ago, Madzar said:

Great review it has given me all the more reason to explore and taste what terminal 21 has to offer next time I am in town. @chirockr we must check this out and have a look

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif.8613e2aa14caf35bf64fa0b2aab42df4.gif

1 hour ago, dan2016 said:

I Was very disappointed with the lack of choices in the western food scene compare to Bangkok's Terminal 21, No Mexican, No Tony Romas, No western catered  seafood restaurants, No Cinebun. If you don't like Japanese and other Asian food your choice is very limited there.

The Western food options are mostly fast food, hamburgers, pizza and desserts/coffee.  You have KFC, Carl's, Chester's, Arno's, A & W, Häagen-Dazs, Swensen's, Cold Stone, Starbucks, Dairy Queen, etc.  There's Pan Pan for Italian and Sizzler for steak and salad. But beyobd that, there isn't much.

If you've never tried Kono Pizza, it's good for a snack.

Untitled-s1.jpg.7a46a982224c79039396a2d8b749bef8.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr Wombat said:

Do yourself a favour - after you have eaten go to the toilets on the Tokyo level. They are done like a japanese bathhouse. Very cool

Yes, it's very cool.  The toilets at all levels are equipped with bum washing technology.

Evil

• Like 2

That konos Pizza tastes like Mccaines frozen pizza pockets

image.png.6bcc7aff1580840c274c644d8454b602.png

20 minutes ago, charlesyu said:

Very nice review sir, great work. Obviously, this is added in my visit list when I am in town next time.

:ThankYou9:    Kind words are always appreciated.

Evil

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 hour ago, sadisfied said:

Did Pala Pizza make it to T21 Pattaya?

No, I don't think so, not as far as I can see.

Evil

Blimey EP if you  try to sample all the food it would months of research!

Fantastic job you do with all your reviews. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sadisfied said:

Yes.

Later at night they were offering 2 for 1 slices takeaway only.

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the excellent report ! Have been to all of Central Festival's restaurants, I am exciting to try new T21 restaurants when I come in January. Love Asian food (Thai, Korean, Japanese, Chinese...) so this just great news for me.

• Thanks 1

Give Arnos a try

Great burgers there

Yes, Arno's is noted for its burgers .

Evil

Sent from my Sunny2 Plus using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, sadisfied said:

Yes, on the top floor. Eaten there 3 times. Same same menu. Same delicious meter long pizzas.

Buy 3 slices and get one free was the offer at lunchtime. Eat 2 and take 2 home for dinner. Nice.

Some of the Bangkok staff is stationed there. The lady I recognized informed me the shop is operated by the PanPan management. 

Funny, an Italian Restaurant on the floor below Pala  is also serving the meter long pizzas. 

Enjoyed some excellent Japanese food there.

Shakariki432 on 2nd floor.

Must be a chain since I've seen them in Bangkok too. Nice atmosphere, great service and food.

Much more interesting & fun than the old reliable Fuji. 

Thumbs up.

Shakaririki432.jpg

Edited by jiz

FIN Sushi on the 3rd floor is a premium sushi bar. Traditional favorites and some fusion dishes offered.

Stick to the promotional menu if you want to escape under 1,000Bt.