IGNORED

EMIRATES vs ETIHAD vs QATAR Economy Class | Which Airline Is Best?! | Economy Week

blue1878

I have flown all 3 on several flights and I would choose Qatar first then Emirates and a distant 3rd would be Etihad. 

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

1 hour ago, Howdo said:

I have always flown with Emirates or Etihad out of Dublin but I have been looking at Qatar prices for my next trip which are very good. I think I will give them a go next time. 

With economy just take the cheapest at the time as long as the stop over times are reasonable. My last 3 flights in the past 13 months have been with Oman Air. I don't think their IFE is as good as the big 3, but by clocking up air miles have achieved silver status. My last trip earlier this month was able to use Oman's excellent lounges in Bangkok and Muscat, got priority first off the plane with my luggage and was able to choose my seats on the plane with no extra cost. Got another trip lined up in February with Oman and will be taking advantage of their hospitality at Manchester 3-4 hours before the flight. Not sure what's happened with Emirates but at no time in the past three years have their economy flights from Manchester to Bangkok been cheapest when I've looked.

7 minutes ago, Roving Rover said:

With economy just take the cheapest at the time as long as the stop over times are reasonable. My last 3 flights in the past 13 months have been with Oman Air. I don't think their IFE is as good as the big 3, but by clocking up air miles have achieved silver status. My last trip earlier this month was able to use Oman's excellent lounges in Bangkok and Muscat, got priority first off the plane with my luggage and was able to choose my seats on the plane with no extra cost. Got another trip lined up in February with Oman and will be taking advantage of their hospitality at Manchester 3-4 hours before the flight. Not sure what's happened with Emirates but at no time in the past three years have their economy flights from Manchester to Bangkok been cheapest when I've looked.

Can you tell me what hospitality do Oman Air offer at Manchester Airport ?

5 minutes ago, brownmanc said:

Can you tell me what hospitality do Oman Air offer at Manchester Airport ?

They have a lounge which I managed to down 4 pints of Kronenberg and a couple of curries last month. I think its called Aspire, not as good as the two lounges in Muscat and Bangkok though but free for silver which requires two economy return flight to Bangkok

Emirates seem to have the best fares at the moment for next June.

I've only used Qatar previously but may be tempted into a change. Do the flights out of Manchester get very busy? With Qatar there's almost always plenty of room to spread out towards the back of the plane.

https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/314265-my-pattaya-virgin-voyage-of-discovery-june-2017/

https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/317468-second-voyage-sailing-solo-no-longer-a-virgin-but-still-a-newbie/

https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/325291-the-voyage-of-enlightenment-trip-3-june-2018/

4 minutes ago, gaz1889 said:

Emirates seem to have the best fares at the moment for next June.

I've only used Qatar previously but may be tempted into a change. Do the flights out of Manchester get very busy? With Qatar there's almost always plenty of room to spread out towards the back of the plane.

Did it last week. Yes, it would say they are busier.

Have done all 3 multiple times in last few years: IMHO Qatar first due to best layouts and service on board and best airport to transit through, Etihad second and Emirates third due to their ridiculously cramped 777, surly, unhelpful, amateurish cabin crew and the fact that virtually every time I've flown with them (5 trips to Thailand, 20 flights in all) the pushback time from all all passengers on board to take off is always ridiculously long, with ground staff seemingly endlessly coming on and off the aircraft and it taking forever for the doors to finally close. 

Etihad edge Emirates for onboard service and I've rarely been on a full Etihad flight (4 trips, 16 flights), normally have empty seats next to me and on one occasion there were less than 50 people on a 412 seat 777 from AUX-BKK.

Archived