Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

EMIRATES vs ETIHAD vs QATAR Economy Class | Which Airline Is Best?! | Economy Week

blue1878

Taken from youtube

Ive flown with Emirates & Etihad

I like both but prefer the Emirates. I love the A380

Etihad recently announced they are going to retrofit their fleet with more ‘extra legroom’ seats in Economy. They’ve not given any idea about the likely surcharge though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

When I came over about 5 weeks ago I flew with Qatar and both flights had plenty of spare seats, the second flight I had all 4 seats in the middle, don't know if this is the norm at present or not, we know visitor numbers are down.  A few years ago Emirates always seemed to be rammed full, are they still?  I doubt it but high season to come.

Great airport at Doha as he says in the vlog and with the price being £442 it was excellent value too.

I'm on the emirates a380 next week. Not been with them for years, its usually qatar.

Hate the 787 dreamliner seats (economy of course), so paid more to use emirates. I noticed that not many have used the £25 seat pre-payment thing. I'll be online the moment it strikes 48 hrs before check in.

2 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Taken from youtube

I watched that review recently. The fella did a good job of it. 

i arrived last week flying Etihad first time in a long time newish 380 to UEA comfy clean good film selection , food OK . Economy sat near front very quiet plane overall very good . Journey to Bangkok on 777 a bit  older plane noisier than the 380 but OK again good entertainment food OK . Overall good value at under £400 . Would use again.

56 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I'm on the emirates a380 next week. Not been with them for years, its usually qatar.

Hate the 787 dreamliner seats (economy of course), so paid more to use emirates. I noticed that not many have used the £25 seat pre-payment thing. I'll be online the moment it strikes 48 hrs before check in.

My last two flights have been with emirates and was very pleased with the A380 planes.  In recent years I've always booked my seats when paying for the flights and they've always been free.  I'm flying with emirates next month and booked months ago with them.  I got  a very good price with them and the airmiles I had meant I was able to get another £95 of the cost of the flights.I was disappointed to see them charging £25 per flight to pre-book seats.  I don't like this but I must admit I didnt want to wait till 48 hours before check in to try and get the seats I wanted.  So being honest I pre-booked the seats I wanted.

It’s usually Emirates for me but they are expensive from Amsterdam.

when I worked in the uk , I used to get great deals out of gatwick.

they have upgraded me on a few occasions, so that always helps 

40 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

My last two flights have been with emirates and was very pleased with the A380 planes.  In recent years I've always booked my seats when paying for the flights and they've always been free.  I'm flying with emirates next month and booked months ago with them.  I got  a very good price with them and the airmiles I had meant I was able to get another £95 of the cost of the flights.I was disappointed to see them charging £25 per flight to pre-book seats.  I don't like this but I must admit I didnt want to wait till 48 hours before check in to try and get the seats I wanted.  So being honest I pre-booked the seats I wanted.

I like sitting at the back ....whilst everyone else wants the front! 

No need for me to pay :)

2 hours ago, westie1 said:

It’s usually Emirates for me but they are expensive from Amsterdam.

when I worked in the uk , I used to get great deals out of gatwick.

they have upgraded me on a few occasions, so that always helps 

A few years ago Emirates had one of the lowest prices. Always 500-550 Euro from Amsterdam with decent connection times. 

Nowadays they are not that cheap anymore. 

All cheap flights  seem to be Aeroflot, Finnish or Turkish. 

Flying Eva for the first time in February. 

I flew with Emirates last December and May, can't remember the December price but May was £440 return. My flights this upcoming December are £580 returning on January the 15th. I did contemplate Qatar as it was a little cheaper this time but thought i would stick with what I know. From past experience 50% of the time I have been next to an empty seat and i have never paid the £25 to select my seat.

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I like sitting at the back ....whilst everyone else wants the front! 

No need for me to pay :)

For along time now I have preferred sitting at the front.  So I like to book my seats when I book my flights.  So next month when my outward flight lands at Dubai I can get off the plane quickly, get through security fairly quickly and then head straight to the bar where I can enjoy a couple of beers. And being near the front I will be one of the first of the plane at BKK airport to get to immigration

7 hours ago, davidge said:

Etihad recently announced they are going to retrofit their fleet with more ‘extra legroom’ seats in Economy. They’ve not given any idea about the likely surcharge though.

The surcharge on the aug to lhr route for the exit row seat now is 80usd,so would assume would be around that figure as all it looks like they're doing is increasing legroom,on Etihad a380 economy seat is ok as is now and I'm a big guy,777 not so much so I upgrade to business on the bkk or MNL flight I use from auh

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Emirate's a380 from Dubai for me excellent best cattle class I was on
777 from Dublin like a sardine can rammed (were having another boom every professional can't move to Australia middle east fast enough)

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

I have flown with all 3 at least twice, last time with Emirates, pleasant enough flight but even in May was packed second leg out and both back and craft were changed from booking (not 380's). Although the initial price seemed cheap wanting Aisle seats on 2 legs cost £50, bored at the stopover I bought some food (I admit I did not really want) which was strange and quite expensive (typical captured market airport prices) and then made the mistake of buying a beer at £11 which amazed me (they must be making really big money working in ME) as nearly everyone seemed well lubricated and many were buying rounds of drinks.

When I added it up i decided flying direct was nearly cheaper or maybe cheaper, next trip (28) in Dec with Thai £489 cattle class.

3 hours ago, michael400 said:

...777 from Dublin like a sardine can rammed (were having another boom every professional can't move to Australia middle east fast enough)

Anyone able to decipher the above? The poster is from Ireland so "we're having another boom..." would imply that Ireland is having that but that's not likely given the context of the sentence?

So the boom is in "Australia middle east"? Those are two different geographical areas. Does one migrating from Ireland to work in the middle east, take up residency in Australia and from there take contract jobs in the ME?

Or are BOTH Aus and ME booming so one can move either place? And what kind of professional is moving? In what areas do these professionals work?  Thanks :unsure:

Anyone able to decipher the above? The poster is from Ireland so "we're having another boom..." would imply that Ireland is having that but that's not likely given the context of the sentence?
So the boom is in "Australia middle east"? Those are two different geographical areas. Does one migrating from Ireland to work in the middle east, take up residency in Australia and from there take contract jobs in the ME?
Or are BOTH Aus and ME booming so one can move either place? And what kind of professional is moving? In what areas do these professionals work?  Thanks :unsure:
Sarcastical post Irish govt claims economic boom but majority of newly qualified doctors teachers nurses are leaving for ME or AUS
Hope this gives some clarity

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I always use Qatar nowadays. They're amongst the cheapest anyway, but the main attraction is that it splits the flight into two more-or-less equal sections. Whereas, previously when I flew KLM or Air France, the first leg was short but the second leg seemed interminable. I find Doha airport very expensive for anything I want to buy (usually sandwich/coffee) and I think they give a very poor exchange rate for GBP, but otherwise no complaints.

Qatar all day for me in economy. Superb airline great air crew always very well organised. Always go that extra mile. Had some indifferent flights with Emirates and not keen on the way too big lavish Dubai. 

Very classy airline and always outscoring the other two on Sky Trax Air reviews 

https://www.airlinequality.com/

Just beware of Qatar's upgrade email offers. If you agree to buy the upgrade to business class offer, unless you have a gold or silver privelege card, youwill not be allowed into the business lounge in Doha or LHR. Thats even though you just shelled out to get the upgrade.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

Etihad have become the ‘Ryanair’ of the long haul airlines. Try and charge extra for everything now, and have cut their basic service to the bone.

They have big financial worries as well having taken over (and now dumped 2 ailing airlines) the rumours of them being swelled up by Emirates get stronger. They can’t even afford to open their new terminal at Abu Dhabi.

Stick with Qatar or Emirates as they offer a consistently higher level of service.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't flown Etihad but have used Emirates and Qatar many times amongst others.  Emirates just about shades it for me because of the a380 seats having a bit more room than qatars 787 squashed up economy seats. I do use Qatar though to fly direct from Doha to Chiang Mai its alot easier missing out bkk.    Tommorow morning im trying out Cathay Pacific eventually flying into Chiang Mai after a 8 hour layover in Hong Kong.  Both planes are rammed so I'm not particularly looking forward to the journey tbh. 

On 13/11/2018 at 19:41, Roving Rover said:

Qatar all day for me in economy. Superb airline great air crew always very well organised. Always go that extra mile. Had some indifferent flights with Emirates and not keen on the way too big lavish Dubai. 

Very classy airline and always outscoring the other two on Sky Trax Air reviews 

https://www.airlinequality.com/

I have always flown with Emirates or Etihad out of Dublin but I have been looking at Qatar prices for my next trip which are very good. I think I will give them a go next time. 

Archived