Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thais and Ghosts

We built a wall around our land and one corner (about 3 metres) fell down the next day.

The Thais rebuilt it but the next day it was down again.

Same thing next day,all the wall OK except this section fell down again.

My Thai wife called an ex chief monk to come and investigate so he performed a ritual and told us that this section had been built on a Snake God's house under the wall and that the Snake God was displeased at this intrusion so he kept knocking it down.

The monk then performed a ritual and asked that the Snake God move temporarily whilst a new house is built for him.

You have already guessed that when the wall was rebuilt it has stayed up ever since and a new house has been built for the Snake God (a cave actually)

I tell this tale to Westerners and they laugh,when I told this to some Indians they nodded in acceptance of the situation.

Monk was in cahoots with the ghost, It must be getting good commission. :Think1: This is an Indian nodding in disbelief (nodding can be anything for Indians, they might also be laughing at dingdong falang tingtong, lol ).

I beleive in what I see.

I'm 32 and have never seen a ghost, despite having walked through graveyards at night, slept in "haunted" houses, etc. I even tried a oija bourd a few times when I was younger. I was shit scared of ghosts when I was a kid, even though I had never seen one.

However, I have talked to many daft cunts that claim they have seen a ghost.

My conclusion:

Ghosts don't exist, daft cunts do.

COYS. biggrin.gif

I have also done similar stuff but it was for a hot chick in amateur ghost hunters crew in my college. We made out in a haunted house , our first kiss was in front of Parsi cemetery (creepiest of all places to be honest) in Mumbai. She is a parsi (Persian Zoroastrians who settled in India) so she got me inside as nobody else is allowed to enter except Parsi people in Tower of Silence.  

Thanks, I will show her.

If you observe carefully then there seems to be change of clothes between woman and her soul-woman. Soul appears to wear a skirt. Just wondering does different people soul have different dress code.

• 2 weeks later...
One evening, around 11.00 pm, I was walking with my Thai girl friend in a dark street of Bangkok (not downtown) and I started to whistle a song. So my girlfriend became anxious and told me to stop because I was going to call evil spirits : "Never whistle at night!" she said.

So I stopped, but now every time I want to whistle, I think about this story...

One evening, around 11.00 pm, I was walking with my Thai girl friend in a dark street of Bangkok (not downtown) and I started to whistle a song. So my girlfriend became anxious and told me to stop because I was going to call evil spirits : "Never whistle at night!" she said.

So I stopped, but now every time I want to whistle, I think about this story...

whistling at night on the streets attacts unwanted ladyboys, maybe that is what she meant :)

• 3 weeks later...

in the Buddhist scheme of the 31 Planes of Existence number 6 is just above the human plane (number 5).

(6) Devas of the Four Great Kings (catumaharajika deva).

Home of the gandhabbas, the celestial musicians, and the yakkhas, tree spirits of varying degrees of ethical purity. The latter are analogous to the goblins, trolls, and fairies of Western fairy tales.

So you see they are pretty close to us and just maybe some learn to cross the boundary.

I never believed in ghost's, haunted house's, spirits or fortune telling, until??

Bought a house in Station Close, Chipping Sodbury, a market village, outside Bristol, UK, in 1984.  This was in the countryside near the abandoned railway station.

House was always cold, central heating on and the log basket blazing away made it okay, but, turn off the heating the house became cold in minutes.

Upstairs as you entered a room there was a bad, rotten smell, but only as you crossed into the room.  It were not there outside or inside the room only as you entered.  I were in the bath one afternoon and all the wall tiles along the bath, up to 1 metre high collapsed into my bath??

Another time when downstairs I heard a loud crack coming from upstairs.  Went up and the pipe between the floor and the toilet radiator had spit and spewing water all around??

Went away for the weekend came back to find two crows in the front room, birdshit and soot all down the walls??

Before cold weather would come, the log basket was set up, you just needed a match.  Went away and came back, only ash in the basket??

Took in an elderly labrador, she refused to go upstairs?  I would carry her up and she would be so close to me I where tripping over??  If we went out, she would lay on the mat inside the door looking upstairs??

One time, Wife (ex) called me to the back door, there in the snow were footprints coming up to the door but none going away.

Every person who owned the house had personal problems and had to sell up??

Did some research on the village and came across an incident when they were about to burn a witch.  The verger said "As God is my witness let justice be done" a cow/bull broke free, went through the crowds and gored the verger to death??

Whenever a witch was burned at the stake, all the ashes were buried in the ground and an oak sapling placed on top.  The tap root supposedly kept the witch in the ground....................  Well I had 3 oaks in the front garden, but the middle one had been felled, only a stump remained.

People that bought the house from us in 1988, had to sell up within a year.  I started to believe that maybe, just maybe there was something in it after all.

Fast track to Thailand 2007!

Used to spend a fair bit of my onshore leave at the GF, parents house at Si Khio.

One time up there her sister-in-law 'Noot' suddenly died, PM found it were cancer.  Went back Pattaya and planned coming back for the cremation.  

Next morning the GF said she needed to phone 'Dam' the late 'Noot' husband, "Why"?  I speak with "Noot' she said, but Noot is dead.  She then told me, when humans sleep and dream we can go to the same world that the spirits live in?  

All funeral arrangements were done via dreams.  Flowers, what clothes she wanted to be cremated in, what clothes the children had to wear, etc. 

There is a period I think 100days (BM on here please correct if wrong)  Went back village for the 'passing over', that night the dogs were howling, Dang her parents dog was making a right old racket outside my window, air was very still and all quiet in the fields outside.  In morning the GF said "Something wrong"? off she went to see Dam.  Minutes later I seen Dam and family all driving away out of the village?  GF said Noot not go away, she go house and smell Noot's perfume.  Well within an hour 5 or 7 monks came down to chase her away?

Next morning the GF said 'Noot" angry she die so young??

Taken to a fortune teller in 2005, she told me things about my past no one knew, but, what she told me about my future has all came true, 100% and that is scary. My work, my money and my private life has evolved as she said.  Told me I was on my final path in life, I would not change now.

Told me about my 2 sons, how one I never need worry, he had Bhudda behind him.  The other had darkness behind him.  Since then one son is quite successful the other has been inside 3 times, only now is he out on licence?

I can look over my right shoulder, cannot my left.  Doctors, hospitals etc, could not find anything wrong why this should be?

Fortune teller said a sad thing to me, "You have a baby girl sat on your left shoulder, she angry with you, want know why you let mama kill her". 

That had the hairs on my neck and arms all raised, how did she know my ex had an abortion, that I objected to???????

Been to many temples, made many offers, tell her dad is sorry, dad did not want it to happen.  If she had lived, she would have been 20 this year.  Monks asked me to pick a name for her, said "Jasmine" a lovely flower.

Finally, I am retired and living here in the countryside, Thailand.  

House I have built has ghosts, but they are all friendly to me and GF, we see shadows cross windows and the trees in the gardens.  Doors have opened with no one around.  We have a large spirit house and temple in one corner that I wai when passing.  The GF puts food, fruit, water and flowers out once a week.

Never believed in ghosts and still do, but, I now believe that a persons spirit will not leave this earthly world if something is wrong.  That is why they come back to you, they need help, want you to help.  As the Thais say.  "Many people see ghost and you cannot, ghost come to do bad to you" .  "You can see ghost, they want help you or you help them"

For all the BM's that have got to this end, I salute you  :hello09:

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Lovely story td.

My many experiences over the years prove to me one simple fact, there's a lot more going on than most people realise.

Lovely story td.

My many experiences over the years prove to me one simple fact, there's a lot more going on than most people realise.

Thank you Grumbler, as I get older, I like many times to be alone.  Yet, I never feel I am alone.  I know that sounds strange, but, I always feel someone is with me??

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

Very nice statement td, so much of what we experience an feel is based on limited perceptions of what is reality.

Perception and understanding are changed through experience and the removal of impediments. Are you alone in the universe? Of course not, countless trillions of other beings live in the same universe, many on different "planes" though, the same energy that flows through the universe is available to all beings in the universe, if you are experiencing or "sharing" the same thing with other beings you cannot be alone.

The mind and the heart have to be opened.

In a strange way the universe is actually inside you, turning and folding like a moebius strip, what is inside and what is outside become the same.

Why we don't experience this normally would lead me into lots of Buddhist  psychology so i better not go there.

Sounds good up there wherever you are, well done.

it is a good way of getting rid of a troublesome girl that doesn't want to leave in the morning, just say you seen a ghost during the night.

She will be out of your room quicker than a rat up a drain pipe.

Very nice statement td, so much of what we experience an feel is based on limited perceptions of what is reality.

Perception and understanding are changed through experience and the removal of impediments. Are you alone in the universe? Of course not, countless trillions of other beings live in the same universe, many on different "planes" though, the same energy that flows through the universe is available to all beings in the universe, if you are experiencing or "sharing" the same thing with other beings you cannot be alone.

The mind and the heart have to be opened.

In a strange way the universe is actually inside you, turning and folding like a moebius strip, what is inside and what is outside become the same.

Why we don't experience this normally would lead me into lots of Buddhist  psychology so i better not go there.

Sounds good up there wherever you are, well done.

It were during my Merchant Navy days.  Served onboard a ship that a couple of guys had been killed on.  When working in the hydraulic room up the focsle would feel i were being watched??  Yet nobody was there?  Then worked on the 'Tharos' that was at the Piper Alpha disaster, the amount of people who seen ghosts were incredible.  When assisting the ROV/dive complex, people a guy with no safety gear walked past thought he was a diver just out of saturation.  Never seen him again.  You are correct when you say about opening yourself up.  The older and calmer I have become the easier it is.

• 2 weeks later...

You can believe or not but I have see many many ghost more in Thailand than Europe.

I believe you

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taken to a fortune teller in 2005, she told me things about my past no one knew, but, what she told me about my future has all came true, 100% and that is scary. My work, my money and my private life has evolved as she said.  Told me I was on my final path in life, I would not change now.

Told me about my 2 sons, how one I never need worry, he had Bhudda behind him.  The other had darkness behind him.  Since then one son is quite successful the other has been inside 3 times, only now is he out on licence?

Wow, riveting read.

How did you know about this fortune teller? Is she readily accessible? My uncle was one , although I never had my fortune told by him.

He always claimed that he will be punished by the gods for revealing 'their plans' to his clients and actually died of cancer in his thirties. 

Wow, riveting read.

How did you know about this fortune teller? Is she readily accessible? My uncle was one , although I never had my fortune told by him.

He always claimed that he will be punished by the gods for revealing 'their plans' to his clients and actually died of cancer in his thirties. 

Have no idea where she is now, it were 12 years ago.  There is one lady I know just off Soi Bhukhow who has a good rep, you ask some Thai girls they will show you/take you.

On a previous post of mine, No' 34?  I said one of my sons had darkness around him??  

The GF went to and talked with a 'Seer' in Korat, she had the birth dates of both my sons, this were around 11 months ago.  

The Seer told her my youngest boy had no light behind him and would leave his wife and family.  I just thought he would find another woman.  

No!!

On the 29th December last year he took his own life.  

Owing to circumstances the funeral did not take place until until 3pm, Tuesday 24th January at West Berkshire crematorium.  

We went back and asked why he kill himself?

Reply was "He only have short life, he not die now, he die later in accident, maybe more people die"??

There are some strange things that cannot be explained, but losing your youngest son at 27....................   

I never believed in ghost's, haunted house's, spirits or fortune telling, until??.....

When I was 25, a fortune teller predicted my future. She predicted very specific things. Not generalities applicable to everyone. She also predicted several negative things. She did not say at all what I wanted to hear.

Now, 30 years later, everything she predicted has come true.

Finally, she told me that I was going to finish my life very far from the land where I was born. And now I'm thinking about retiring and becoming an expat in Thailand ... So maybe that last prediction will come true too!

When I was 25, a fortune teller predicted my future. She predicted very specific things. Not generalities applicable to everyone. She also predicted several negative things. She did not say at all what I wanted to hear.

Now, 30 years later, everything she predicted has come true.

Finally, she told me that I was going to finish my life very far from the land where I was born. And now I'm thinking about retiring and becoming an expat in Thailand ... So maybe that last prediction will come true too!

I'd advise hold on moving indefinitely. What's to say something unfortunate would not happened as soon as you moved? At least don't rent a high rise condo or being drunk in Thailand.

Have no idea where she is now, it were 12 years ago.  There is one lady I know just off Soi Bhukhow who has a good rep, you ask some Thai girls they will show you/take you.

On a previous post of mine, No' 34?  I said one of my sons had darkness around him??  

The GF went to and talked with a 'Seer' in Korat, she had the birth dates of both my sons, this were around 11 months ago.  

The Seer told her my youngest boy had no light behind him and would leave his wife and family.  I just thought he would find another woman.  

No!!

On the 29th December last year he took his own life.  

Owing to circumstances the funeral did not take place until until 3pm, Tuesday 24th January at West Berkshire crematorium.  

We went back and asked why he kill himself?

Reply was "He only have short life, he not die now, he die later in accident, maybe more people die"??

There are some strange things that cannot be explained, but losing your youngest son at 27....................   

oh man, my condolences 

Archived