IGNORED

Thais and Ghosts

I've a bit of affection for Patong Beach and have done number of trips there over the years. Same hotel and Same room etc. Got my spot! I missed the Tsunami by a few days, was in the plane about at Taiwan whe the bugger hit. Well seems that the occupnt of my room died in the flooding whild on the beach! OK!

I have had more that one BG inform me that there were ghosts in the room! Yep, like lifting the cover at night etc. Bullocks to that I say but I am becomming a bit more interested in the buddhist mind etc and OOOOPs, they might be right! I'm very in with the owners and we had a monk come to do what ever they do and seems that I've not had a complain since. Wierd

Anybody have a BG claim their room contained ghosts........... As mentiond before I have a very extensive photo gallery to share that is very qwell received b all viewer....

Here is another unit that will be unwrapped upon entry to the special section. :rolleyes:

post-11269-1231274263_thumbjpg

Whenever I visit Angeles City in the Philippines I stay at tha America hotel and most of the BG's that I take back there comment that it is supposed to be haunted.

As for the Thais, well they love their Phii (ghosts) and they have many different varieties of them, some in human form and others in animal form. I've had Thai girls not want to shag in the Jungle before for fear of upsetting the phii jow khao (spirits of the mountain) or phii jow paa (spirits of the jungle).

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

In BKK, the Omni on Suk Soi 4 is supposed to be haunted from a man pushed off the roof by a LB. Was told this by more than one girl.

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]

• 2 months later...

We built a wall around our land and one corner (about 3 metres) fell down the next day.

The Thais rebuilt it but the next day it was down again.

Same thing next day,all the wall OK except this section fell down again.

My Thai wife called an ex chief monk to come and investigate so he performed a ritual and told us that this section had been built on a Snake God's house under the wall and that the Snake God was displeased at this intrusion so he kept knocking it down.

The monk then performed a ritual and asked that the Snake God move temporarily whilst a new house is built for him.

You have already guessed that when the wall was rebuilt it has stayed up ever since and a new house has been built for the Snake God (a Cave actually)

I tell this tale to Westerners and they laugh,when I told this to some Indians they nodded in acceptance of the situation.

I had a maid/nanny whop was terrified of all this stuuf. The again she would sit and watch the Thai horror movies every night and wonder why she was too scared to go to bed.

One day I went into her room to look for something and there were tree branches stuck in all the window frames.

Asked the Mrs and she said they were special trees that keep ghosties out.

My Mrs and daughter dont get scared but they DO believe in them - whatever I say they wont listen to me.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I one slept outside in patts on a cane funiture chair, my TG at the time said "you cant sleep there ,what about the ghosts"

I said "bugger the ghosts its bloody boiling" (no air con).

She then ran around frantically telling the other thais what id just said.

They just looked at me giving me the ting tong farang look 55555

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

• 5 weeks later...

I beleive in what I see.

I'm 32 and have never seen a ghost, despite having walked through graveyards at night, slept in "haunted" houses, etc. I even tried a oija bourd a few times when I was younger. I was shit scared of ghosts when I was a kid, even though I had never seen one.

However, I have talked to many daft cunts that claim they have seen a ghost.

My conclusion:

Ghosts don't exist, daft cunts do.

COYS. :Chokdee5:

I got an example of this only week before last. My TGF lives in a 2-story apartment building, adjacent to unoccupied land near Sattahip. Somebody living in the building saw a ghost (an old lady) and from the next night my girlfriend refuses to sleep alone in her room.

A few days later I arrived and found a white string wrapped around the whold building and asked what had happened. The monks had been there the same morning and either pacified the ghost, ask it not to scare the residents, or whatever it is they do. The monks then wrap the string around the building for protection. All was now well.

The same thing happened in Bangkok 12 years ago. On one day, a girl was thrown out of the window from the 12th floor, and a man was shot in another room. The next day, monks did their thing and wrapped the entire 15 story building with string.

Seeing the ghost movies they show on TV, there is no wonder they believe in them. I have long since given up trying to argue.

TGF told me one morning she saw a farang in the living room during the night. Now this with bedroom door closed and not gettin up. She said he was looking around and if I dont buy the house quickly he will. Funnily enough, a few month later this rented place of mine got sold and I had to move out. Don't believe in ghosts but something like this spooked me a litte.

Yes in 1993 a BG was murdered in one of the room. Police said it was a suicide though they never said how the gun got back in the night table drawer.

Whenever I visit Angeles City in the Philippines I stay at tha America Hotel and most of the BG's that I take back there comment that it is supposed to be haunted.

As for the Thais, well they love their Phii (ghosts) and they have many different varieties of them, some in human form and others in animal form. I've had Thai girls not want to shag in the jungle before for fear of upsetting the phii jow khao (spirits of the mountain) or phii jow paa (spirits of the jungle).

I beleive in what I see.

I'm 32 and have never seen a ghost, despite having walked through graveyards at night, slept in "haunted" houses, etc. I even tried a oija bourd a few times when I was younger. I was shit scared of ghosts when I was a kid, even though I had never seen one.

However, I have talked to many daft cunts that claim they have seen a ghost.

My conclusion:

Ghosts don't exist, daft cunts do.

COYS. :)

Your view will not hurt you but be aware that you do not see the the other aspects of life as you are closed to it. This can be good if you wish to be limited to what you see. This can still lead to a fulfilled life of course, as it does for many. The western world trains us to be this way. Of course some westerners who claim ghost sightings are indeed daft and are making things up. Yet, other cultures are more intune with the spiritual aspects of life and can see and sense other things. In this spritual world there is the bad and it is to be avoided etc. But there also is the good that can be enriching. I respect and wish you the best with your view, but, I have been close to many rural and what others would consider primitive style cultures ... I experienced it, it is real, but you can only be part of it if you have the right undersandings (no this is not talking yourself into it).

i believe thailand is haunted with tons of ghosts because that's where i'm going to haunt after I die, also.

• 2 weeks later...

I call it a ghost, but my wife says it is an angel that lives in our room. Whatever it is, it lives in the bathroom and I could feel its presence at night. We have a sliding door to the bathroom and I close it, but it just gives me the creeps.

I told my wife about the ghost and she said we didn't have one and I was being strawberry. Then, I don't remember what happened, maybe one of her friends told her the same thing and, of course she believed them. Why is that? I can say something and get nothing, her friend or another Thai says the exact same thing and it's written in stone. Ok, enough of my ranting, back to the ghost.

So, now she believes me, and told me to give merit to our "house angel" when we go to temple. I did started giving our angel merit at temple and even saying good night with a wai when I close the door to go to sleep. What do you know, the angel doesn't bother me anymore. I don't know if it's psychological or not, and I do happen to believe in spirits, so I don't know.

Creepy though.

Lat May a girl died in her room in soy6 , not one girl would go anywhere near the floor, I had to sleep in the same bed for 5 nights with 5 girls and 1 catoy,In the end we got the monks in and they did an exorcism. after that there was no problem , i went back to my hotel for a rest. although the poor girl had only been there for a few days nearly all the girls in the Area gave some money for her family who could not be with there daughter ,

When I was in hong kong I met a couple that said a woman floated out their window.

Don't know if they were on drugs or there was something in the water they had, but very strange story..

I call it a ghost, but my wife says it is an angel that lives in our room. Whatever it is, it lives in the bathroom and I could feel its presence at night. We have a sliding door to the bathroom and I close it, but it just gives me the creeps.

I told my wife about the ghost and she said we didn't have one and I was being strawberry. Then, I don't remember what happened, maybe one of her friends told her the same thing and, of course she believed them. Why is that? I can say something and get nothing, her friend or another Thai says the exact same thing and it's written in stone. Ok, enough of my ranting, back to the ghost.

So, now she believes me, and told me to give merit to our "house angel" when we go to temple. I did started giving our angel merit at temple and even saying good night with a wai when I close the door to go to sleep. What do you know, the angel doesn't bother me anymore. I don't know if it's psychological or not, and I do happen to believe in spirits, so I don't know.

Creepy though.

I think that she does not believe your intouch (due to upbringing, background etc) enough to the world of the spiritual to know whether one is present or not, obviously she trusts her friend in that way. Perhaps she is wrong. Please note the selection from my post above, response to someone else...

Your view will not hurt you but be aware that you do not see the the other aspects of life as you are closed to it. This can be good if you wish to be limited to what you see. This can still lead to a fulfilled life of course, as it does for many. The western world trains us to be this way. Of course some westerners who claim ghost sightings are indeed daft and are making things up. Yet, other cultures are more intune with the spiritual aspects of life and can see and sense other things. In this spritual world there is the bad and it is to be avoided etc. But there also is the good that can be enriching

• 3 months later...

In the mid 1980s, there was a big storm in the North Sea on Boxing Day night, an oil drilling rig broke its moorings and started drifting all over the place.

I knew a guy who worked for the company using the rig. He had a photo of it on his office wall in Aberdeen. When he came to work after Christmas, the photo was crooked. He straightened it, but it wouldn't stay straight. He straightened it again. This went on for a few days until tugs got the rig under control. After that, his photo stayed straight.

Strange...

Whether or not ghosts exist, we need to remember that in most of asia, we are dealing with people who are more likely to be tribally educated as opposed to scientifically educated. Hence a lot of their beliefs are folklore related and passed on from person to person, rather than documented.

There is a distinct corelation between educational attainment and superstition, with the poorer the education, the greater the tendency towards superstition. As a result, it is not uncommon to find people who look at their astrological and chinese horoscope as well as keeping buddha type ntrinkets as protection.

For those of us who are sceptics inclding myself, there is the story of the man who wrapped his head in tinfoil, to apparently block out radio messages from Mars. When he was asked "Does it work"? he replied, "Of course it does. I haven't heard a thing all day".

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

I never gave ghosts much credence.

In 1989 I was living in a mansion on the North Shore of Sydney that had been converted into a main house and 3 flats out back. I assume in the convict days they were servants quarters or something.

It was big place the main house, we had many people who moved in and left for various reasons. After a year or so the longest tenants were myself and a girl called Deri.

It was two levels. The upper level was 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. It worked well for the boys and girls that occupied the place. The bottom level was, from the front door, a lounge area leading to the kitchen, a dining area to the left of the kitchen and to the right of the lounge area was a wooden spiral staircase that lead upstairs.

For months I had been hearing, from my bedroom, Deri walk downstairs at about 2-3 in the morning to the kitchen. I knew it was her as the wooden staircase made a very specific noise after she left the hall from the second level. She was a tiny little thing (in hindsight we probably should have got it on, but we were so close we never did) and I figured she wanted a midnight snack.

We both worked in Nightclubs at the time... as it happened the same one. We used to come home from work and sit on the lounge, watch the box and have a few brews after work. The TV was directly under the spiral staircase.

One night we were both sitting on the lounge drinking after work, watching TV, shooting the shit and I decided to ask her about her late night excursions.

"So... whats the deal with the midnight munchies Deri?"

"What do you mean?" she replied.

"I hear you at 3 in the morning going downstairs and raiding the fridge..."

"I thought that was you..."

At that moment we heard some-one walk down the spiral staircase... we were looking RIGHT at it and no-one was there... and walk into the kitchen.

Damn... I still get chills remembering it.

We both looked at each other and understood we had a fifth flatmate.

I SWEAR TO GOD!!! (or equivalent deity) this is 100% true.

We lived for about 8 more months with our 'Midnight Muncher' and had to explain to our new tenants about our fifth flatmate. One girl freaked big time when she was going upstairs at the same time our 'Midnight Muncher' was coming down. She moved out the next day.

Since then I do not disregard ghost stories out of hand.

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

I never gave ghosts much credence.

In 1989 I was living in a mansion on the North Shore of Sydney that had been converted into a main house and 3 flats out back. I assume in the convict days they were servants quarters or something.

It was big place the main house, we had many people who moved in and left for various reasons. After a year or so the longest tenants were myself and a girl called Deri.

It was two levels. The upper level was 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. It worked well for the boys and girls that occupied the place. The bottom level was, from the front door, a lounge area leading to the kitchen, a dining area to the left of the kitchen and to the right of the lounge area was a wooden spiral staircase that lead upstairs.

For months I had been hearing, from my bedroom, Deri walk downstairs at about 2-3 in the morning to the kitchen. I knew it was her as the wooden staircase made a very specific noise after she left the hall from the second level. She was a tiny little thing (in hindsight we probably should have got it on, but we were so close we never did) and I figured she wanted a midnight snack.

We both worked in Nightclubs at the time... as it happened the same one. We used to come home from work and sit on the lounge, watch the box and have a few brews after work. The TV was directly under the spiral staircase.

One night we were both sitting on the lounge drinking after work, watching TV, shooting the shit and I decided to ask her about her late night excursions.

"So... whats the deal with the midnight munchies Deri?"

"What do you mean?" she replied.

"I hear you at 3 in the morning going downstairs and raiding the fridge..."

"I thought that was you..."

At that moment we heard some-one walk down the spiral staircase... we were looking RIGHT at it and no-one was there... and walk into the kitchen.

Damn... I still get chills remembering it.

We both looked at each other and understood we had a fifth flatmate.

I SWEAR TO GOD!!! (or equivalent deity) this is 100% true.

We lived for about 8 more months with our 'Midnight Muncher' and had to explain to our new tenants about our fifth flatmate. One girl freaked big time when she was going upstairs at the same time our 'Midnight Muncher' was coming down. She moved out the next day.

Since then I do not disregard ghost stories out of hand.

Shit, that's one creeeeepy story!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 3 weeks later...

Shit, that's one creeeeepy story!

yes... after reading that made my hair on my arms stand up!!

• 1 month later...

Any of you english BM'S heard of a place called Chingle Hall? , its ment to be the most haunted place in england and dates back to like 1200 , the 1st brick house in England ,it is even on AA road maps. Famous building

Anyway ,I stayed the night with a good few people many years ago , and I was stood with my head against an up stairs wall (the other side of the wall was outside ,it wasn't a fake wall with a room on the other side)

anyway I was stood up with my head on this wall browzing through my digi camera at pics I had taken when there was 3 LOUD KNOCKS ON THE WALL RIGHT NEXT TO MY EAR! well!! I shot across to the other end of the room in about 3 steps and jumped behind a chair! LMAO

About 4 -5 other people (boys and girls) heard the same noise in the room so I didn't imagine it!

I fuckin shit myself for about 2 seconds!!! haha

Here is a picture of the place

chingle470_470x300.jpg

If interested about this type of thing do some searches on google , SOME CRAZY STORYS FROM THAT PLACE I ASURE YOU!

Posted Image

Some scary stuff all right and I would not want to be stopping in one of them haunted places for sure.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

• 6 years later...

i believe thailand is haunted with tons of ghosts because that's where i'm going to haunt after I die, also.

Hell Yeah!! Monger for life (after death...), it would be so cool to BB without worrying too much about infection :LOL2: 

Archived