IGNORED

Eatigo Discounts in Pattaya

Evil Penevil

Eatigo is a restaurant reservation app that gives users discounts up to 50%, depending on the time of dining.  Eatigo doesn't require pre-payment or credit card information; all you need to sign up is a valid email address and a smart phone.

It's easy to use once installed. Just select the restaurant, time you want to eat (30-minute slots) and the number of people who will be dining.  Click  the tab and you get an immediate confirmation code that you show to the restaurant staff when you arrive. That's all there is to it.

There's no real downside or disadvantage for the user with Eatigo.  Its shortcoming is the lack of relevance at present for many potential users. Pattaya has well over 1,000 restaurants but only 48 are listed on Eatigo. That's less than 5% of the total and not all the Eatigo restaurants are in central Pattaya. Some are a considerable distance, as far as 35 kilometers. Moreover, nearly two thirds of them (30 restaurants) are attached to three- to five-star hotels.  

If we exclude the hotel and far-away restaurants, we're left with the following options:

Five Indian restaurants in central Pattaya (Karma, Crown of India, Shalimar; Alibaba; and Nisha) and Suruchi in Jomtien, as well as the Robin Hood Tavern; The Kitchen (two restaurants); Retox Game On; Domino's Pizza on Pattaya Tai; Dicey Reilly's; La Strada; Kasalong; Easy Health; and Pizza Plaza in central Pattaya; Livv on the Darkside and the 8 Horseshoes Tavern in Jomtien. Some of the independent restaurants are specialized and wouldn't be of much interest in terms of everyday dining.

Then there's the timing of the discounts.  Only off-peak times yield a 50% discount, while the most popular times will give you 10% or 20% off, depending on the restaurant's location. Certainly 10% off is better than a kick in the nuts, but it won't make the big hotel buffets affordable to many punters.

Also, the Eatigo discount applies ONLY to food, NOT beverages.  That won't matter at restaurants like Retox Game On, Robin Hood and The Kitchen, but the hotel restaurants can charge 140 baht for a bottle of water- and that's their cheapest option. Any specials or promotions on food are excluded from the Eatigo discount.  It only applies to regular menu prices.  Finally, it is ++ pricing in many Eatigo-listed restaurants.  Service and VAT are added, which usually increases the cost by about 17%.  

Bottom line:  Eatigo is still a good deal, but of limited use to most visitors and foreign residents in Pattaya.  In its current form, it won't revolutionize Sin City dining.

Eatigo lists about 650 restaurants in Bangkok, but you have to install a separate app.  Nineteen restaurants in Chiang Mai are included on the Pattaya app.  Eatigo also lists restaurants in Singapore, Hong Kong, India, the Philippines and Malaysia, but separate apps are needed.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Class act as always. Taking time and effort to spell it out to the board. Have eaten in the crown of india a number of times and off peak, afternoon or lunch maybe would make for a decent feed at 50% off.

Have had carvery at Robin Hood but that will not be included. Will download and use when on the ground, but remember that the number of restauarants  on it can only grow.

These restauarnats must love punters walking in with 50% vouchers.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Let's say they're offering -50% at 18.00 and then only -20% at 18:30. (Taken from the app as we speak). How do I know I'll get the -50% discount. The food will perhaps not even be at the table until 18:40...(?). 

I love the idea but I'm also pretty confident that I will be given a "full bill" and then need to talk to manager after manager, show app, timestamp etc. 

I don't want to redicule things but we all do know - and love - Thailand. 

17 minutes ago, Jackie2013 said:

Thanks for the recommendation!

Let's say they're offering -50% at 18.00 and then only -20% at 18:30. (Taken from the app as we speak). How do I know I'll get the -50% discount. The food will perhaps not even be at the table until 18:40...(?). 

I love the idea but I'm also pretty confident that I will be given a "full bill" and then need to talk to manager after manager, show app, timestamp etc. 

I don't want to redicule things but we all do know - and love - Thailand. 

Eatigo hold your reservation open for upto 30 mins after booking time, so say you booked for midday and you arrive at 12.25 your discount still holds..Used there app many times in Bangkok, I used to use them to book Indian by Nature which was great ,

50% off at 6pm but they have left the group now...Pity they don’t have more restaurants on there books in Pattaya 

Also never had to speak to management; just tell table staff you have a reservation booked with Eatigo and they already have you on there restaurants booking system, it’s a great way to eat cheap in some nice places if your flexible on your times...Give it a go lads, I highly recommend this service..

18 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

This is what i was thinking also. Or serve you smaller portions etc.

I've eaten at the restaurants with and without the app , no difference in portion size 

I wouldn't discount the restaurants attached to hotels either , I've had some great meals using the app at the Avani restaurants 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I’ve used about 4 times at the kitchen on 2nd road almost across from soi honey. I think I booked at 5 pm for 50. % off each time. The high priced steaks were not included as part of the discount but everything I had there was excellent, I also had some sort of apple crepe(?) for dessert that was outstanding and probably the main reason I kept going back.

On 10/4/2018 at 05:47, Evil Penevil said:

Eatigo lists about 650 restaurants in Bangkok, but you have to install a separate app.  Nineteen restaurants in Chiang Mai are included on the Pattaya app.  Eatigo also lists restaurants in Singapore, Hong Kong, India, the Philippines and Malaysia, but separate apps are needed.

Is that some Apple thing? On Android there is only one app and it does all the locations. I've used it extensively in Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai and also Singapore and KL.

And in fact you dont need a smartphone or app at all as all the same offers are available directly  via their website: www.eatigo.com

At one point they had a good selection of restaurants in Pattaya but most of the ones I liked and went to often have dropped off the list. Still good for hotel buffets in Bangkok though.

On 10/4/2018 at 19:48, PBear66 said:

Have had carvery at Robin Hood but that will not be included.

Is that for sure?  Does the RH carvery count as a special?  NB could go to RH on Monday when it's -25% with their VIP card.

On 10/4/2018 at 22:44, Jackie2013 said:

The way Eatigo works is that you must confirm to the serving staff you have an Eatigo booking before you sit down.  I just show them the booking page on my phone as I walk in.  So it's confirmed up front that you'll have the discount you're expecting.  I think the time that matters is the time you walk into the restaurant and are seated, not the time the food arrives.   Just get to the restaurant within 15 mins of your booking time.

I've eaten Eatigo quite a few times and never received a "full" bill, or needed to talk to a manager.  Don't worry about that.

On 10/4/2018 at 23:17, Stillearly said:

I've eaten at the restaurants with and without the app , no difference in portion size 

I don't believe there would be a portion size difference, but then I tend to use Eatigo in big hotel buffets which are obviously AYCE.

On 10/5/2018 at 00:21, wildhorse said:

I’ve used about 4 times at the kitchen on 2nd road almost across from soi honey. I think I booked at 5 pm for 50. % off each time. The high priced steaks were not included as part of the discount but everything I had there was excellent, I also had some sort of apple crepe(?) for dessert that was outstanding and probably the main reason I kept going back.

From EP's recent experience maybe the steaks at The Kitchen are not a good idea mid-afternoon.  I'd now choose a standard classic or a Thai dish, which I hope would be good at The Kitchen.

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

And in fact you dont need a smartphone or app at all as all the same offers are available directly  via their website: www.eatigo.com

At one point they had a good selection of restaurants in Pattaya but most of the ones I liked and went to often have dropped off the list. Still good for hotel buffets in Bangkok though.

Yes, the website works fine for bookings, but it's nice to have a smartphone to show them the booking as you walk in.

The listing used to include some other good places.  I went Eatigo -50% to the Hilton lunch buffet a few years ago, and Easy Health used to have -50% midafternoon which was nice, but that's gone now.  La Strada has appeared only recently, and that gets good reviews on TA so I'll try that soon -50% midafternoon.

In Bangkok, the Eatigo restaurants that interest me include:

Atelier buffet @ Pullman Sukhumvit*

Zeta buffet @ Holiday Inn Phrom Phong*

Craft @ Sukhumvit 23

Barcelona Gaudi

Chu near Asoke*

I've been to the *ed restaurants several months ago, has anyone any thoughts on the others in this list, or has spotted other tempting Eatigo restaurants?

56 minutes ago, SirL said:

I've been to the *ed restaurants several months ago, has anyone any thoughts on the others in this list, or has spotted other tempting Eatigo restaurants?

the mexican on soi 2 (in BKK) is up to 50% off regularly. it's on my "to-try"-list, i've read mixed reviews about it. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I've used it for Avani for 50% off a few times. Great value and a nice setting. 

Mainly use it in Bangkok for hotel seafood buffets. Some really great deals and have never had a problem. 

16 hours ago, SirL said:

Is that for sure?  Does the RH carvery count as a special?  NB could go to RH on Monday when it's -25% with their VIP card.

I've been there often for Sunday lunch (200B plate) and always got the discount. Dont see why the carvery should be any different as the plate just comes from the carvery anyway.

23 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I've been there often for Sunday lunch (200B plate) and always got the discount. Dont see why the carvery should be any different as the plate just comes from the carvery anyway.

Sorry, just to be clear, you've been to RH for the Sunday plated version of the carvery, and got the Eatigo discount? (confirming the Eatigo discount would apply to the RH carvery?)

Personally I prefer to use Sunday for other more inventive eating that only happens on Sat/Sun (eg the new Patricks "not" Sunday buffet, Akvavit, or the Beefeater Tex-Mex) and do Sunday-type roasts on other days of the week, eg RH on weekdays (when is it cheaper?, though without soup and dessert).  So the Eatigo discount on the RH carvery midweek 4pm could come into play.

Thanks Evil.

I first used Eatigo about two years ago, back then The Coffee Club was one of their listed restaurants, so I used it a lot. I still generally check the app when I'm in town to see if anything jumps out at me, I find The Kitchen decent food. 

9 hours ago, SirL said:

Sorry, just to be clear, you've been to RH for the Sunday plated version of the carvery, and got the Eatigo discount? (confirming the Eatigo discount would apply to the RH carvery?)

Yes. I've never actually had the full carvery there so I'm only assuming that it would apply to that, but I see no reason why it shouldn't. And the last time I went there at all was about 3 months ago but I certainly got the discount then.

One plate does me these days.

According to Eatigo's rules, specials and promotions aren't eligible for the discount. Assuming the Robin Hood considers the carvery buffet to be a regular menu item, it would carry the discount.

That said, I can't confirm through personal experience that is the case.

Evil

Sent from my Sunny2 Plus using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

According to Eatigo's rules, specials and promotions aren't eligible for the discount. Assuming the Robin Hood considers the carvery buffet to be a regular menu item, it would carry the discount.

Yes, the crucial issue is whether the carvery buffet is considered "special".  Since AIUI it runs most of the day every day of the week now (is this true?) to me it would seem stretching things a bit to designate it "special", but of course TIT.

Dicey Reilly's did not include their Sunday carvery in the Eatigo promotion when I went early this year. As far as I know RH includes everything except real specials, ie things that already benefit from some unusual and individual discount, like the once a week curry+beer for 149B they used to do.

About two weeks ago, I had dinner with a farang friend and his TG at the SEA Restaurant in the Baraquda hotel. The SEA wouldn't have been the first choice for any of us, but they were staying at the Baraquda and didn't want to go out because a heavy rainstorm had been forecast for the evening.  I live close to the Baraquda and figured I could stay dry with an umbrella on the short walk.  On the Eatigo app, I made a reservation for three at SEA for 8.00 p.m.

We saved 920 baht by taking advantage of the Eatigo 50% disount.  Our meals (starter, main and beverage) cost 1599 baht in total, but without the discount,  would have cost 2,519 baht.  The 60-baht  "bonus"  between the two prices came from the 7% VAT calculation with and without the Eatigo discount (860 baht).

IMG_0006.jpg.e2073428f0ffebd9df9c6c2afa2c4190.jpg

All the prices that follow are with the Eatigo discount, but without 10% service and 7% VAT.

My friend had the Greek salad (120 baht) ...

IMG_0098.jpg.75c0f046e0a82c063201f242d8f9ba84.jpg

and baked "white snapper" (170 baht):

IMG_0111.jpg.6bdda43b657fb1363c4219cbbd5e5a14.jpg

His girlfriend had spring rolls (120 baht):

Untitled-1.jpg.d3b6132e4f78f3d3865ed2e17c219b36.jpg

and som tam with crab (90 baht):

IMG_0103.jpg.d5b03b0ef283cdfc80c38b0f6b414fb1.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg.5bb885d3e4c8ba08dd5b971d0a4e4db2.jpg

I had the pumpkin-and-ginger soup (really good!) for 120 baht:

IMG_0100.jpg.44fe7b2883e9526c5a81d3b9fb443960.jpg

... and the grilled duck breast (240 baht):

IMG_0106.jpg.b4f7e22f5931bbfc0e1577174bcc20ba.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg.3918ee445a72935095518b4c7e2e0263.jpg

All of us were happy with the food we had ordered.  One thing the pics don't show is the basket of warm fresh bread and butter than preceded the starters. That's always a nice touch.  We felt our meals with the discount were fairly priced for what we got. We were less happy with the beverage prices:  140 baht for a bottle of SML and the same (!) for the GF's orange juice.  Beverages, whether alcoholic or non-alcoholic, don't fall under the Eatigo discount.  

If I break out my meal, I saved about 425 baht by using Eatigo.  My friend saved 495 baht on the two meals for which he paid (they had less expensive mains than I did). Since there is no cost or hassle involved with Eatigo, I think it was a decent advantage to have used Eatigo under the circumstances.

Evil

had a 40% off dominoes pizza and i'm glad i didn't pay the full price it was bloody awful.

Eatigo is great...especially for those eating solo...usually it's BOGO/2for1

Archived