Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nice Diner soi Bauokow

onehunglo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a review in another thread:

On 9/30/2018 at 18:06, Evil Penevil said:

IMG_0235.jpg.3d411da340a8fe9e778431a4f28

Nice Diner opened recently on Soi Buakhao about 100 meters south of Soi 15 on the east side of the street.  It's a small open-front restaurant that centers on U.S.  hamburger and hot dog staples.  It also offers breakfast, salads, wraps, spaghetti, some Thai dishes and desserts.  

Customers can sit diner-style at the counter or in booths. The decor is heavily U.S.1950s, but I found the red-tinged lighting to be irritating. 

IMG_0233.jpg.fcc9c1938ea063954072a002df6

IMG_0234.jpg.558d0cc84418663c5af0f807d58

IMG_0232.jpg.fa8ff3cf3f6af98f64820a2830b

I wasn't in a hamburger mood, so I had the mozzarella salad (119 baht) and the chicken wrap (129 baht).  The salad was a bit of a disappointment.  I wasn't expecting a Caprese salad (fresh mozzarella, tomato slices and basil) for the price, but the rectangular slices of industrial mozzarella were flavorless.  On the upside, the lettuce and tomato were very fresh and the oil-and-vinegar dressing good.

IMG_0217.jpg.420eeef9c2cfbade3a7f65b9cd0

The chicken wrap was also good with strips of pan-fried chicken, lettuce, tomato and bell pepper in a flatbread. A bottle of water cost 25 baht.

IMG_0224.jpg.903cb15df9f587e8e27e0b2e7f3

IMG_0227.jpg.0f9f1e8fc41527faa9b7b694f79

Bottom line:  On the U.S. academic grading scale, I'd give the meal a B-, the lower end of  "Good."  

Most of the menu was pretty standard and it doesn't inspire a return visit.  I may, however, give the chicken-and-beef hybrid cheeseburger (259 baht with fries) a try. I've never had that combo in the same burger, so extra points for originality.  The pic is from Nice Diner's Facebook page.

3n.jpg.154401c60c393473a0ee26e0b8edfc3d.

Prices seem at the high end for the burgers compared with what's available elsewhere in the area. Location, location, location also figures in.  That section of Soi Buakhao doesn't get a lot of foot traffic, so the food will have to be good enough for customers to make a special trip. 

The September menu from Facebook:

1n.jpg.0f8dd62bfdf873cea69c9ef4d6a06fb3.

2n.jpg.17c1d608744fb4fcdfeaf4cb8a138a41.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 3 months later...

All shuttered up today no sign to say when open again......another one bites the dust :Oops1:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

All shuttered up today no sign to say when open again......another one bites the dust :Oops1:

i said that at the beginning of the thread , i was right .

it's called having the correct exposure and the right location , they did well to last this long 

their food was very ordinary , went once and that was enough for me 

1 hour ago, petermik said:

All shuttered up today no sign to say when open again......another one bites the dust 

Posted elsewhere, lost their staff, and will open again shortly.

21 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I pass by most days...rarely if ever do I see anyone in there except for two very bored looking thai staff :Oops1:

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

I pass by most days...rarely if ever do I see anyone in there except for two very bored looking thai staff :Oops1:

Location is shit.

On 13/02/2019 at 10:52, petermik said:

On 13/02/2019 at 11:54, Taa_Saparot said:

14 hours ago, petermik said:

14 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Location is shit.

Back open again today.............:ThumbUp6:

On 13/02/2019 at 18:54, Taa_Saparot said:

All good plans can come to an end when one discovers the misery of working with unreliable and often bitter Thai staff that would rather the customers just go away so they can play Facebook or take a nap.

27 minutes ago, jiz said:

All good plans can come to an end when one discovers the misery of working with unreliable and often bitter Thai staff that would rather the customers just go away so they can play Facebook or take a nap.

I would guess it's the exact opposite, of your thoughts.

• 2 months later...

it's an odd time around songkran with staff flitting off etc. but i've not seen it open lately and i came past tonight at 17 20 and closed.

it may be done. not sure but if i see any life i will report it

15 hours ago, striderman said:

went by twice last night and still shut

dirt n dust gather fast on buakaow

536603849_april24005(Custom).JPG.46b9e838f3d46db2e9c6783eb1fd28a3.JPG

5 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

Anyone know the sucker falang that set this up for his lady?

No, but they bought the jinxed furniture from GASCO ...... next?

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2019 at 17:53, striderman said:

it's an odd time around songkran with staff flitting off etc. but i've not seen it open lately and i came past tonight at 17 20 and closed.

it may be done. not sure but if i see any life i will report it

in the last few days 2 signs have appeared attached to the front asking for kitchen staff. not seen it open yet but it's on  the watch list

On 23/04/2019 at 19:57, striderman said:

went by twice last night and still shut

This never ending cycle of restaurants and bars opening and closing, who finances these? Is it Thai money or foreigner money? I'm guessing all the expat aimed businesses (like Nice Diner) are expat money? What about all the beer bars, they seem to be mostly Thai owned? 

• 1 month later...
On 31/05/2019 at 02:10, striderman said:

in the last few days 2 signs have appeared attached to the front asking for kitchen staff. not seen it open yet but it's on  the watch list

still not open. i doubt it ever will

On 05/07/2019 at 12:14, striderman said:

still not open. i doubt it ever will

Workmen inside on weds looking like a refurb in the making......:Crazy1:

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Workmen inside on weds looking like a refurb in the making......:Crazy1:

yeah i noticed the shutter half open too

On 06/07/2019 at 12:15, striderman said:

yeah i noticed the shutter half open too

half closed as well...........:Laugh1:

sorry :WhoSaw1:

against all odds it's open again. maybe hopeful of some custom from the holiday inn express almost next door which is due to open july 19th

6 hours ago, striderman said:

against all odds it's open again. maybe hopeful of some custom from the holiday inn express almost next door which is due to open july 19th

I believe that was a part of their plan from the beginning; a staff member mentioned the Holiday Inn Express to me when I ate at Nice Diner after it first opened.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Archived