Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Retirement Visa

TigerWoods

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

My comment above was based on  my experience when i went with a friend to help him get his first RV on 7th August 2018. His bank statement was updated to 4th Aug when he took out some money but that was not good enough, they wanted bank statement up to 7th Aug.

Probably the immigration officals are aware that a fixed deposit account doesn't allow individuals to deposit or withdraw from those account.  The passbooks from Bangkok Bank are a blue color for normal savings accounts and orange for a fixed deposit accounts.  I did my renewal this past Monday, my last statement date in my passbook was 23 August 2017.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Probably the immigration officals are aware that a fixed deposit account doesn't allow individuals to deposit or withdraw from those account.  The passbooks from Bangkok Bank are a blue color for normal savings accounts and orange for a fixed deposit accounts.  I did my renewal this past Monday, my last statement date in my passbook was 23 August 2017.

Everything I have seen or heard about bank accounts for immigration stated that the money must be available and fixed deposit would not work.   As I said before, all immigration work to their own rules, no standard covers them all.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

56 minutes ago, udontony said:

Everything I have seen or heard about bank accounts for immigration stated that the money must be available and fixed deposit would not work.   As I said before, all immigration work to their own rules, no standard covers them all.

I've been doing it this way with Jomtien for the past 10 years and never a problem.  I would think that money would be available from a fixed deposit just like it is in America, only negative would be that one would  forfeit interest earned.

12 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

9 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I've been doing it this way with Jomtien for the past 10 years and never a problem.  I would think that money would be available from a fixed deposit just like it is in America, only negative would be that one would  forfeit interest earned.

I don`t doubt  you have been doing it that way, every immigration seems to work by their own rules but there is a contradiction in what you wrote.   " doesn`t allow individuals to deposit or withdraw from those accounts"   then   "Think that the money would be available from a fixed deposit "    I know immigration where I go would not allow any account where the money is not readily available that day.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

14 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

All Jomtien ask (sometimes) is that the  bank balance statement (including the in/out)  is updated to the day you go. The in or out can be earlier

On my last application for RV I struck a problem with the Bank book. I had the balance letter and the Bank book  updated just an hour before I submitted the application. However, I rarely use the account and there were no recent transaction shown. They knocked it back as last transaction listed was about 4 months prior.  I  went immediately to the KBank in Jomtien, withdraw 1,000Baht from the account and to ensure the letter was still correct deposit it back into the account right away. Then the bank updated the Bank book, next I returned to the Immigration, showed the Bank book  and completed the application, successfully!   You just got to luv their commitment to applying the rules.  

So next year - I will make sure I have transaction on the account before updating!

5 hours ago, udontony said:

there is a contradiction in what you wrote.   " doesn`t allow individuals to deposit or withdraw from those accounts"   then   "Think that the money would be available from a fixed deposit "    I know immigration where I go would not allow any account where the money is not readily available that day.

Not a contradiction just more clarity on the 2nd post.  You can withdraw from a fixed deposit but you will loose interest on the amount of withdrawal.  Bangkok Bank pays interest at the end of the term you select, i.e. 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and etc. So if you had  deposited 1M baht for1 year @ 1.5% interest and you withdrew 500k baht sometime during the year, instead of receiving 15K baht interest you would only get 7,500 baht interest.  On the earlier post I was assuming that this was the practice of the Thai banks, since then I talked to Bangkok Bank and they said I can take funds out of my fixed account but would forfeit interest on the amount withdrawn.  

Glad I have the proper income.  The income letter is so much easier for me.

• 8 months later...
On 24/08/2018 at 14:37, typhoon42 said:

Glad I have the proper income.  The income letter is so much easier for me.

… and me :)

Hi. Made my Retirement Extension yesterday at Jomtien. Went 2pm; no queue at reception and only 1 person in front of me who was finishing. As usual very easy and less than 5 minutes in the office. Returned today at 2pm to get my passport. :)

Nothing changed; the same set of documents I provide every year:

• TM.8 filled, with photo, signature and phone number
  • Embassy Letter
  • Usual copies of important pages in Passport

No question about

• Money, income, pension ...
  • TM.30 (not required here for retirees)
  • Health Insurance ...

Thanks Jomtien Immigration :)

PS: I am not from one of US, UK or AU country...

Archived