IGNORED

The Hilton

George1234

7 minutes ago, Whooah said:

For the experienced Pattaya Hilton mongers, how about the food?

The breakfast buffet is solid, but doesn't change much from day-to-day.  They change the Thai options, but the standard Western fare is the same (omelette station, fried eggs, potato dish that might change on occasion, pancakes, waffles, pastries, beans, etc.)

I have only done their lunch buffet on burger day and thought it was great!  You can get cheaper burgers, but it is all you can eat and the burgers were excellent (grilled, not fried) 

I booked 3 nights in the Hilton on my past trip. First room had a real sharp smell. I went and asked for another room. Second room had no hot water. Went down. Politely asked for the management. Mentioned that I expected much more from a Hilton experience. They upgraded me to one of the $1000 rooms with the bathtub on the balcony, for all 3 nights. Was pretty epic. View was amazing. Had a nice bubble bath on the tub on the balcony. Good times! Prob not worth the $1000 bucks if you were to pay that. 

Ohh. The pool area was great. Staff were very nice. Would stay for a cpl nights in the future. But it is quite expensive. 

• 7 months later...

One thing I would say about the rooms with the bath tubs on the balcony is that they take absolutely forever to fill up.

4 minutes ago, je101 said:

One thing I would say about the rooms with the bath tubs on the balcony is that they take absolutely forever to fill up.

And water never hot least for me warm only

Just now, FROST MEDIC999 said:

And water never hot least for me warm only

Yeah ! Well.... takes that long that the hot that went in first would be cold at the end !

I did 9 nights at the Hilton in Feb. As was mentioned earlier, while a great hotel, it impacted my overall experience while in Pattaya.

The room was just too nice. I found myself staying in the room 50% more than I ever had done before. 

I would just be lazy and lay around in the room all day. Never even turned on the tv during my stay.

The free breakfast for Diamonds is another thing that messed up my scheduling. I hated to miss it every morning. So that made me try and wake up early enough to catch it, which as a result after a late night out made my afternoon napping that much more of a problem.

First world problems for sure, but hey, a real issue.

It was a challenge to get the girls off the balcony at times as I had a dead center top floor room. 

I’m going mid-level in May. Less reason to just chill in the room. More reason to stay on the hunt.

Also, don’t have to drop 450K in points.

1 hour ago, Jake.houston said:

The free breakfast for Diamonds is another thing that messed up my scheduling. I hated to miss it every morning. So that made me try and wake up early enough to catch it, which as a result after a late night out made my afternoon napping that much more of a problem.

First world problems for sure, but hey, a real issue.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who was PISSED OFF if I missed my free breakfast!  55555  As you say, First World Problems, but problems nonetheless.

From the description, I'm guessing you had the oceanfront room?  If so, it is a pretty damn great view!  

5 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

The room was just too nice. I found myself staying in the room 50% more than I ever had done before. 

Yes, the beds are ridiculously comfortable and the room has a zen like tranquility to it (like the whole of the hotel)

It was a challenge to get the girls off the balcony at times as I had a dead center top floor room. 

Yes, getting them off the balcony, out of the hot tub, whining about wanting to spend the day around the pool in the bed pods, wanting a drink on the roof bar etc

I’m going mid-level in May. Less reason to just chill in the room. More reason to stay on the hunt.

Also, don’t have to drop 450K in points.

I normally get up early and relax in the room for a little bit / sit out on the balcony, then head out without having wasted my day. I would return back about 4.00 for a snooze round the pool and then a swim, then back to my room to listen to some music on the balcony with a few beers / Havana 7 and coke, getting in the mood for night ahead. 

Wouldn't stay anywhere else now, it is such a big part of enjoying my trips.

Archived