Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Hilton

George1234

Stayed at the Hilton hotel for 3 nights (Delux Seaview Room). 
I had stayed in a condo for the previous 10 days and chose to stay at this hotel simply to test the standard for future trips. 

A very well put together lobby entrance, with multiple/rapid lifts to reception. A grand reception area which, like the rest of the hotel, is cooled perfectly and immaculate. Check-in was rapid with all employees having perfect English and service. Thirty metre walk to a new set of lifts to get to room (requires a card). Note, to bring a girl back you would pass the lobby guys on the ground floor (two sat behind a desk who respectfully keep a distant interest in who you are with) and then when you exit lifts to reception, the reception staff are a good 30 meters away. So if you want a discreet no hassle return with your girl, this is possible. Staff throughout the hotel have a respectful nonchalance towards the company you keep.  

Room was a good size. Fixtures high quality. Balcony offers a great view. Bathroom (shower room and separate bath) very high quality and the toilet has the water jet that the girls like. Bed extremely comfortable and extra large, with four very deep pillows. Girls like the room a lot, jumping on the bed in delight of its comfort.

Pool area better than Siam at Siam (which is good). At night the view across north and south is very impressive. They offer little private cocoons by side of the pool which are great to curl up in with your girl looking out at the view. Again the girls are very excited by all this at night. Each cocoon has a button for drinks service (bottled beer 200 baht). 

Roof top bar has very impressive views  and was spread over a large area. Again the girls are very excited by the experience and are wanting to take lots of pictures. Always busy (not overcrowded) so sometimes have to sit at the bar (which itself is a great location). Cocktails 400 to 600 baht and again bottle beer 200 baht. Be aware service can be a little slow. The bar staff are very good - perfect English/excellent manner - but are a little run off their feet on occasion. I am pretty certain some bar girls would feel out of place in this bar. Patrons are obviously wealthy middle class Chinese/Korean with a splattering of well dressed farangs. The Thai bar staff spoke very nicely to the Thai girls I was with (they told me so) but they were (for bar girls) conservative with their dress and makeup and of quiet demeanour. I really would keep this in mind if you were with a certain type of bar girl. 

So would I stay at the Hilton again? Probably not. Is it good value? Probably - for what you get. I’m comfortable paying the price they charge (£145/night). The problem I have is that it doesn’t really feel like a part of the Pattaya experience, the elegance of the place strangely negates the insanity and excitement of Pattaya. It doesn’t enhance the mongers experience and maybe diminishes it somewhat. Strange but true. I really can’t see how I could recommend this hotel to those who come to Pattaya party and take girls. If you are pushing your financial limits to stay here you would be wasting money that could be spent taking girls and even if it is easily within budget, then you will feel disconnected to the decadence of Pattaya. 

I would only use The Hilton for the last night of my trip in the future as 1) I will get a great nights sleep 2) My last day/night I always do a GFE with my favourite girl and it is a perfect location for this 3) They are generous with late checkout (3.30 without charge in my case) and will deal with your taxi driver while you hang out upstairs 

I checked everything out during my stay and asked staff to confirm a number of things, so if anybody has any questions I would be happy to help. 

Nice review George and I agree...

Stayed in same room type for 8 nights in Feb. Found room and balcony small but all my barfines seemed to like the place.

Best thing was location - access from beach road and second road and just a fewmoments to central festival with its many restaurants and shops. Did you by any chance discover the secret elevator that is located to the right hand side of the room lifts (opposite direction to the reception). If you take this lift, you can bypass reception and head straight to central festival.

Like you, while I enjoyed my stay, and have no problem paying the room rate, I probably wouldn't stay again. Gonna book VT6 for my next stay.

Nice, accurate review!

The Hilton is one of the 2 primary properties where I stay when in Pattaya.  The other is the InterContinental in Phra Tamnak.

As Spursman notes, to me the best thing about the Hilton is the fantastic location -- right in the middle of Central Pattaya; easy access to Beach Road or Second Road; connected to Central Festival (so TONS of food options & a well-stocked grocer); laundry services next door at VT6 (in contrast, the InterCointinental has a TERRIBLE location, way out in Phra Tamnak, with virtually NOTHING close to it for meals, laundry, etc.)

Because I am Diamond with Hilton, I am supposed to have a better shot at an upgrade, but get free breakfast and Executive lounge access regardless of my room (FWIW, I am an IHG Ambassador, so I get a guaranteed upgrade at InterContinental, but NO free breakfast).

I am a little surprised that you felt that the elegance of the Hilton decreased the "Pattaya experience."  To me, it is quite the opposite -- while I love the absolute madness of Pattaya, I also like to get away from that madness when I head back to my room.

I'm torn on where to stay for my next trip, as I have points and a certificate for 5 free nights at the Hilton.  That said, if I wait to use them on my February trip, I also will have a $250 room credit to go along with them.  Still debating it (I am there during Loy Krathong, so Hilton has GREAT access to the blocked Beach Road and Festival), but I'm leaning towards the InterContinental primary because of the lack of the $250 credit until January 1, AND the fact that I was upgraded to incredible rooms on my last 3 stays at the I/C.  

At Hilton, I always stay at the executive floor. Either the Ocean Suite or Executive Plus. I like the view and the bathtub at the balcony. Last time I stayed there was in Songkran this year.:

songkranhilton.jpg

6 hours ago, Spursman said:

Did you by any chance discover the secret elevator that is located to the right hand side of the room lifts (opposite direction to the reception). If you take this lift, you can bypass reception and head straight to central festival.

Like you, while I enjoyed my stay, and have no problem paying the room rate, I probably wouldn't stay again. Gonna book VT6 for my next stay.

No I didn’t, was this a 24 hour access lift? 

Yes, I have found I prefer a condo and Talay 6 is on my radar also. 

5 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I am a little surprised that you felt that the elegance of the Hilton decreased the "Pattaya experience."  To me, it is quite the opposite -- while I love the absolute madness of Pattaya, I also like to get away from that madness when I head back to my room.

Yes, I thought I might have over played this part after I wrote the review. It does indeed offer tranquility and balance to your overall Pattaya experience and this can be a positive not a negative. But it is how I felt, so maybe something more specific to me. 

2 hours ago, George1234 said:

No I didn’t, was this a 24 hour access lift?. 

No, it’s only open when Central Festival is open. (11am till 11pm I think). The entrance is on the 5th (I think) floor of central festival, towards beach road on the left hand (south)  side of the mall.

My honest ramblings relating to my first ever adventure in Thailand December 2017 - My First Time in Pattaya, Thailand
"Happiness is like a warm summer breeze caressing your face" 

Extremely on point review from an articulate, insightful monger...what more could we ask for?

Ive been tempted with this place a couple of times, but when I think of how many more gals I will be shagging with the savings I will accumulate by choosing a comfy seedy option, my enthusiasm for this property wanes like an erection on too many sangsoms.

It's true about the gals getting a bit overawed by the place....mine felt constrained to behave like a proper lady....even some harmless frenching was denied.

44 minutes ago, Autoroam said:

Extremely on point review from an articulate, insightful monger...what more could we ask for?

Ive been tempted with this place a couple of times, but when I think of how many more gals I will be shagging with the savings I will accumulate by choosing a comfy seedy option, my enthusiasm for this property wanes like an erection on too many sangsoms.

It's true about the gals getting a bit overawed by the place....mine felt constrained to behave like a proper lady....even some harmless frenching was denied.

Blimey, you must be Henry Higgins and your barfine Eliza Doolittle! 

But seriously, every girl I took back loved it and in fact, it sometimes proved difficult to get rid of them. If budget is a concern, I agree there are much better places to stay in terms of bang for your buck.

I was going to ask in a different thread what’s the nicest girl-friendly/tolerant hotel in Pattaya. I guess I have my answer? Once in a while I think it would be nice to mix it up and stay somewhere modern, clean, western

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stayed here a few times, however on my last stay, the rooms had a bad smell.  The first room was really bad, and the wallpaper was peeling by the window, and there was obvious water damage, the second room was not as bad, but they had to put a deodorizer in the room, one of those large clay post with a candle in it.

• 1 month later...

There is currently a 35% flash sale on Hiltons in South East Asia at the moment including Pattaya, Bangkok and Hua Hin which brings the price down to more manageable ( for most )levels.

Echo the thanks to the OP for the review

2 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

There is currently a 35% flash sale on Hiltons in South East Asia at the moment including Pattaya, Bangkok and Hua Hin which brings the price down to more manageable ( for most )levels.

where does one see the rates?

1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

where does one see the rates?

Try the Hilton pattaya website

It shows for me on the Hilton website.

Posted rates (in order) were:
 - Flexible Rate
 - Honors Rate
 - Sea Member Sale (the promotional discounted rate)
There are other discounted rates available, as well - some may include breakfast (but -- to use the oft-repeated phrase on PA -- "I get it for free"!  555)

Be aware that the discounted rates are all prepaid and are non-refundable.

I always pay a premium in case work (or something else) requires me to cancel.  In this instance, I am paying about 1,000 baht more than the discounted rate (but only for 2 nights - other 6 nights are all on points)

Archived