Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

It’s called vomit fraud. And it could make your Uber trip really expensive

Pattaya_Brian

The next time you use Uber, check your bill. The trip could turn out to be expensive — not just for the distance but for a type of fraud that is on the rise.

It’s called “vomit fraud,” a scam repeatedly denounced in social networks yet still taking place around the world.

Full story

I will not use Uber, i don't trust their app on my phone either, what with all the shenanigans they got up to with the thing in the past. I had a female friend insist that even after giving a good review on all her Uber journeys that one gave her a bad review for not liking her conversation on her phone, don't know how true that is, it was either that or because she didn't tip him for a short journey she thinks.

Whoever wrote that article needs to get their story straight. How can they charge for the ride plus charge a cancellation fee?  

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

1 hour ago, forqalso said:

Whoever wrote that article needs to get their story straight. How can they charge for the ride plus charge a cancellation fee?  

They hit your credit card with the charge, then it's up to you to get the charge reversed. Most of time that is not easy to do, but the people who fight the charge seem to always prevail eventually. 

It's not just Uber and ride sharing companies. There's a lot of shady shit that goes on with credit cards on the web, and it's done by many companies with very legitimate reputations for the most part. 

Congress is making moves right now to clean a lot of this crap up, but in the meantime, you have to be diligent and very persistent to get credit card charges reversed no matter how bogus the charge is. 

The point is, the driver can't do both.  Either charge for the ride or charge for the cancellation.  If a customer is charged for both, it's not on the driver.  The only way this could happen is if the customer doesn't come out in time, the driver cancels after waiting five minutes, the rider reorders and is charged for the ride.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

5 minutes ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

They hit your credit card with the charge, then it's up to you to get the charge reversed. Most of time that is not easy to do, but the people who fight the charge seem to always prevail eventually. 

It's not just Uber and ride sharing companies. There's a lot of shady shit that goes on with credit cards on the web, and it's done by many companies with very legitimate reputations for the most part. 

Congress is making moves right now to clean a lot of this crap up, but in the meantime, you have to be diligent and very persistent to get credit card charges reversed no matter how bogus the charge is. 

The downtown Zürich Hertz location once hit me with an alleged soiled baby seat and car seats even though I had returned the rental spotless at Zürich airport where it was checked. They hit my Visa CC after my return to BKK with the amount just below that not covered by the insurance I had contracted with them (CHF 550). Clever boys! They even claimed that expensive products had been needed to clean the car and the seats. Of course they didn't provide any bills or proofs of any damage. And certainly there was no baby seat rental requested and billed on my bill. I never asked one or needed one! It was just their saying.

Now I don't have a baby, didn't travel with one and never rented their baby seat. I traveled the whole rental duration alone.

I protested and finally got a part refund and an international $50 Hertz credit voucher with a half excuse.

I had contacted the Belgian consulate in Zürich about hiring a lawyer but he dissuaded me citing the big down payment I'd have to make before starting a lawsuit against Hertz.

I never had any problems renting Hertz in the USA, Australia, New Zealand.. It was just that crooked location.

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different

My easy and maybe predicable response to this story:
Another good reason not to use Uber. There are plenty of good and reliable taxi businesses around Pattaya.

Try Nam's Taxis - Lady drivers. No scams....
Or any of the other services with woman drivers, such as Tan's Taxi

:-)

Archived