IGNORED

Possible Banning fromThailand

George36

There are so many meds on the market these days to treat bipolar disorders that you probably can't count them all. 

The OP's friend sounds like he's more than bipolar. He also sounds belligerent and quite stupid. Otherwise he would take the meds and lead a normal life.

He would also need the basic intelligence to go get a retirement visa. Something that is legal, far easier and far, far cheaper than doing countless visa runs.

You can fix bipolar. You cannot fix stupid. 

• Like 2

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:09, forcebwithu said:

I'm of the opposite opinion. I'd rather have them catch missing docs at the front desk rather than when they're in front of the immigration officer. The process is much more efficient that way.

Just like tourist police volunteers, expect those volunteers to have a hidden agenda.

Or are you naive enough to believe they are idealists working for free?

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:23, LarryDarrell said:

The OP is a better friend than I would be.

He could be his own “friend”.

6 hours ago, Peeping Tom said:

He could be his own “friend”.

Nope.  I have my own wierd set of problems.  See my recent thread about ending of 35 year relationship as I thought it to be. Lol.  This was at the beginning of the thread:

They will be heading back to Thailand on the 24th of August.  He is working frantically in South Korea trying to get his visa problem solved.  It is not going well.  Time will tell.  Thanks for the replies and thoughts.  

Btw, he has an open Facebook page where he invites EVERYONE to see and hear EVERYTHING.  He would applaud my offer in the next sentence.  Anyone desiring to get his Facebook page, please pm me.

Mods:  Please let me know if this violates anything.  Any help or advice that I can get to protect him and others would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

On 7/15/2018 at 14:55, George36 said:

But, in actuality, he has some domestic violence criminal convictions decades ago but he refused to put it in the Fiancée visa, disapproved in Nov 2017, and has been thrown out of both the U.S. and Thailand embassies in Bangkok, due to his bipolar mental condiment and his ranting and ravings at the embassies.  

7 hours ago, George36 said:

They will be heading back to Thailand on the 24th of August.  He is working frantically in South Korea trying to get his visa problem solved.  It is not going well.  Time will tell.  Thanks for the replies and thoughts.  

Curious as to what frantic activities your friends thinks might remedy Visa application fraud and belligerent behavior in both the Thai and US embassies? No surprise it's not going well. The links below, or others like them may provide ideas. Getting mental health care is the best idea IMO.

http://tslthailand.com/criminal-law-cases/

More commonly, expats are arrested for drug offenses, visa overstays and visa fraud.  Our firm handles most types of criminal cases and we have experienced trial lawyers, fluent in English, and battle hardened court room veterans. 

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/us-immigration-law/us-visa-thailand-i-601-waivers-fraud-and-misrepresentation/

S Visa Thailand: I-601 Waivers for Fraud and Misrepresentation

10 hours ago, CyberPro said:

Curious as to what frantic activities your friends thinks might remedy Visa application fraud and belligerent behavior in both the Thai and US embassies? No surprise it's not going well. The links below, or others like them may provide ideas. Getting mental health care is the best idea IMO.

Thanks for the information.  I can feed him simple things every now and then but his mental illness makes it highly improbable that he can understand enough to act upon. He also trusts absolutely no one and refuses to hire experts to deal with his many problems.

It seems that he believes the Thai and U.S. Embassies in South Korea will help him where the embassies in Thailand will not because of his behavior.  He has talked about getting “married” again in Soith Korea and thinks that will force them to give his wife a U.S. visa as well as correct his visa problems with Thailand.  Makes my head swim.

All indications are that he was told to leave the country for 90 days and that it will be a chancy situation when he returns on the 24th of August.  When he returns, he will have been out of the country for the past 90 days and in country for 260 days of the 275 days in the past year.  The previous two years, he was only out of the country for less than 20 days for visa runs.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a right nutter. Please let me know where he relocates back in Thailand so i can avoid it.

Ditto what PBear said - why do you even bother any further?
The guy’s troubles are of his own making - best to stay as far away as possible.

4 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

Ditto what PBear said - why do you even bother any further?
The guy’s troubles are of his own making - best to stay as far away as possible.

Someone needs to be around for his U.S. family to turn to that has knowledge of his situation and the family’s options.   Also, just cannot turn my back on a friend of decades who has a mental illness.  Not an expert but bipolar controls him much more often than not.  If he had cancer, I could not walk away.  Just my humble opinion.

Thanks for your input.  

My remark was both unkind and uncaring. He is lucky to have you and i hope you can work things out.

Just be careful, as people with mental illness invariably drag down and destroy those that attempt to help them.

Without treatment I wouldn't expect much in the way of a good outcome. 

Working the swing shift awhile back, I used to eat lunch in a usually vacant lounge area. Discussion groups from adjoining rooms sometimes spilled out to nearby tables. One was a group of bipolar depressives. If you think you have problems, listen to the stories of some of these people...compared to them you have NO problems. 

One group member, a physician, said he far preferred the depressive phase as when in the manic phase he had horrible judgment and made disastrous investment mistakes. 

He told the story of a bipolar married MD who took up with a bar girl, bought her cadillacs, went with her on a trip to Hawaii, returned to the mainland and took his life. 

While treatment is no guarantee of success, lack of treatment may guarantee disaster. 

Edited by CyberPro

• 2 months later...

So what was the outcome when he tried to enter Thailand on August?

• 2 years later...