IGNORED

Possible Banning fromThailand

George36

Please let me say thanks for responses and information or opinions on this situation.  My friend is presently marooned in South Korea having been told, unofficially by Thai Bangkok Embassy, that he should leave the country for 90 days or face being banned from Thailand.  

He has been coming in and out of Thailand on a tourist visas for the last four years.  Probably has spent about 300 days each year in Thailand as his exit and exits stamps indicate.  He refuses to get any other visa.  But, in actuality, he has some domestic violence criminal convictions decades ago but he refused to put it in the Fiancée visa, disapproved in Nov 2017, and has been thrown out of both the U.S. and Thailand embassies in Bangkok, due to his bipolar mental condiment and his ranting and ravings at the embassies.  

Does anyone have any knowledge of others being banned?  I believe that they are tightening up on using tourist visas when you spend more than 180 days in country.  Thanks.

System is working.  Na?

Beat me to it - yep, I’d say the system is working really well, in this case.
  • Like 3

He refuses to get any other visa, he has some domestic violence criminal convictions, he has been thrown out of the US and Thai embassies for his  bipolar rantings  at said embassies.

So tell me George, you think he should be let in to Thailand just so he can kick his fiancee around her village again, I tell you what George take him back to the US with you, you have a family, let him stay with you I'm sure mr bipolar won't sexually and physically abuse your kids when your not there.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

1 hour ago, gmingot said:

Lets hope he is banned. People like this should have their passport revoked

I'd be surprised that his passport gets renewed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, George36 said:

Please let me say thanks for responses and information or opinions on this situation.  My friend is presently marooned in South Korea having been told, unofficially by Thai Bangkok Embassy, that he should leave the country for 90 days or face being banned from Thailand.  

He has been coming in and out of Thailand on a tourist visas for the last four years.  Probably has spent about 300 days each year in Thailand as his exit and exits stamps indicate.  He refuses to get any other visa.  But, in actuality, he has some domestic violence criminal convictions decades ago but he refused to put it in the Fiancée visa, disapproved in Nov 2017, and has been thrown out of both the U.S. and Thailand embassies in Bangkok, due to his bipolar mental condiment and his ranting and ravings at the embassies.  

Does anyone have any knowledge of others being banned?  I believe that they are tightening up on using tourist visas when you spend more than 180 days in country.  Thanks.

How old is your friend?

11 hours ago, George36 said:

My friend is presently marooned in South Korea having been told, unofficially by Thai Bangkok Embassy, that he should leave the country for 90 days or face being banned from Thailand.  

Did he go on a rant at the official after being told that? lol

On a more serious note, yes two people I know who were doing the back to back tourist visa for years at a time, were eventually pressured to leave. This was 2-3 years go. One kept complaining it was getting harder, with the embassies indicating his next tourist visa would be rejected, I'm not sure if he was warned with a flat out ban. The other was, being told you must leave for an entire year before your next visit, otherwise you will be banned (not sure how long the ban would have been for, maybe a year).

5 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

How old is your friend?

65 years old and I would prefer he get banned.  He needs to be returned to the United States so that he can get his mental illness and all of his other issues under control.  Crazy that Thailand would even consider him.

My questions are more around will he get banned and have others got banned.  His family and friends are waiting to assist him in the United States.

Thanks for the great responses.

5 hours ago, sabato said:

Did he go on a rant at the official after being told that? lol

On a more serious note, yes two people I know who were doing the back to back tourist visa for years at a time, were eventually pressured to leave. This was 2-3 years go. One kept complaining it was getting harder, with the embassies indicating his next tourist visa would be rejected, I'm not sure if he was warned with a flat out ban. The other was, being told you must leave for an entire year before your next visit, otherwise you will be banned (not sure how long the ban would have been for, maybe a year).

Great information.  Exactly what I was looking for.  Yes, he did rant and rave and had one of the guards outside the Thai embassy told him that he probably will receive a ban for his actions.  He was trying to video them also and they took great offense with his attempting to record.

Thanks for the info.

7 hours ago, gmingot said:

Lets hope he is banned. People like this should have their passport revoked

Again, I completely agree and my country does not need idiots like Steve being overseas.  We need to take care of our own problem “children.”  

He is due to return to Thailand on the 24th of August after his 90 days is up.  He is not sure what will happen.  He also does not have tickets to leave Thailand when he arrives or that 20000 Baht that I have read about on the forum.  

Only time will tell.

9 minutes ago, George36 said:

65 years old and I would prefer he get banned.  He needs to be returned to the United States so that he can get his mental illness and all of his other issues under control.  Crazy that Thailand would even consider him.

My questions are more around will he get banned and have others got banned.  His family and friends are waiting to assist him in the United States.

Thanks for the great responses.

Since he's 65 years old why hasn't he gotten the retirement extension?  He wouldn't have to worry about the number of times he entered LOS during the year nor would he even be required to leave LOS.  Being American he wouldn't even need proof that he meets the financial requirement of 65 K baht monthly income.

13 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Since he's 65 years old why hasn't he gotten the retirement extension?  He wouldn't have to worry about the number of times he entered LOS during the year nor would he even be required to leave LOS.  Being American he wouldn't even need proof that he meets the financial requirement of 65 K baht monthly income.

His mental illness makes him so warped that he refused to use a service to get a longer visa and decided that he could bully his way through.  He has become the “ugly American” that yells, screams and thinks his desires is to be met by Thailand officials because he is an American.  

We really hope that he is returned for mental treatment.

Thanks flor your information.

8 minutes ago, George36 said:

His mental illness makes him so warped that he refused to use a service to get a longer visa and decided that he could bully his way through.  He has become the “ugly American” that yells, screams and thinks his desires is to be met by Thailand officials because he is an American.  

We really hope that he is returned for mental treatment.

Thanks flor your information.

Wouldn't have needed a service as the whole process is easy, especially being an American.

Oh great, another quality expat in the bars with mental issues and no real medical care.   

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:41, usexpat46 said:

Why should an American not have to meet that financial requirement?

5 hours ago, Peeping Tom said:

Why should an American not have to meet that financial requirement?

They're supposed to meet that requirement, the key word in my statement is "proof".  An American fills out the form which includes a stated monthly income.  They then have you raise your hand and affirm that the info is correct and give them $50 for their notarization.  I've heard other embassies require proof, does yours?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:09, usexpat46 said:

They're supposed to meet that requirement, the key word in my statement is "proof".  An American fills out the form which includes a stated monthly income.  They then have you raise your hand and affirm that the info is correct and give them $50 for their notarization.  I've heard other embassies require proof, does yours?

I send a signed affidavit to the consulate (actually not the embassy, although they’re in the same building) together with the proof and the fee and they send it back with a sticker on the back.

Nevertheless in general the Immigration people want to see some proof too.

8 hours ago, Peeping Tom said:

I send a signed affidavit to the consulate (actually not the embassy, although they’re in the same building) together with the proof and the fee and they send it back with a sticker on the back.

I went the monthly income route my first 3 years, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and at that time Jomtien Immigration never asked for any proof.  At that time having a Thai bank account was also one of the requirements.  The first year I had 10K in Bangkok Bank which I opened the day before.  The following year I had less than 2K in the account and the immigration official made a comment but still processed my renewal.  If any proof was ever required I had my pension statement showing my monthly pension from the US Office of Personnel Management since I'm a retired federal employee, but neither the US Embassy or Thai Immigration ever asked.

10 hours ago, Peeping Tom said:

I've used a notarized income affidavit every year since 2009 and that has always been sufficient income proof for Jomtien immigration. Never been asked for any additional documentation (bank book, signed bank letter).

When i see guys ranting and raving at borders i just think they are crazy which they probably are. Your mate seems a wrong un, tell him to go to Cambodia which is where the others go

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 07:24, usexpat46 said:

I went the monthly income route my first 3 years, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and at that time Jomtien Immigration never asked for any proof.  At that time having a Thai bank account was also one of the requirements.  The first year I had 10K in Bangkok Bank which I opened the day before.  The following year I had less than 2K in the account and the immigration official made a comment but still processed my renewal.  If any proof was ever required I had my pension statement showing my monthly pension from the US Office of Personnel Management since I'm a retired federal employee, but neither the US Embassy or Thai Immigration ever asked.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:04, forcebwithu said:

I've used a notarized income affidavit every year since 2009 and that has always been sufficient income proof for Jomtien immigration. Never been asked for any additional documentation (bank book, signed bank letter).

In recent years there are some “volunteer” helpers at Immigration doing the checking, which I hate.

4 hours ago, fakebook said:

In recent years there are some “volunteer” helpers at Immigration doing the checking, which I hate.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I'd rather have them catch missing docs at the front desk rather than when they're in front of the immigration officer. The process is much more efficient that way.