IGNORED

How do you get from Airport to Pattaya

blue1878

How do you get from Airport to Pattaya  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering how everybody gets from Bangkok airport to Pattaya

Over the years I have seen many topics concerning the best ways to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya.  So I thought I's do a poll and see which is the most popular way to get from the airport to Pattaya.  I've listed the taxi and bus firm's that I know off.  In recent years I've mainly used Mr T Taxi.

Here is a link to another posting in PA listing the firms in the poll  

Only time I don't use Mr T is if I have an early AM (before 9AM) arrival when I'll just kill a bit of time, take the bus and arrive closer to hotel check in time

If I arrive early in the morning I'll take the Bell Bus. If not, Nam's is my choice.

11 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Only time I don't use Mr T is if I have an early AM (before 9AM) arrival when I'll just kill a bit of time, take the bus and arrive closer to hotel check in time

My flight usually arrives early but I'll still get a Mr T Taxi to my hotel in Pattaya.  I've been lucky because only once has my room not been ready

If you can get the bus why waste money. Think of it like this the wasted taxi money would get you  1 Long Time, 20  bottles of beer or 3 decent meals.  Obviously if your not near the bus stops and or you have luggage and money's not an issue any taxi will do, who cares. Get here ASAP and get going.

19 minutes ago, Itsgat said:

If you can get the bus why waste money. Think of it like this the wasted taxi money would get you  1 Long Time, 20  bottles of beer or 3 decent meals.  Obviously if your not near the bus stops and or you have luggage and money's not an issue any taxi will do, who cares. Get here ASAP and get going.

My Mr T Taxi will cost me 1100 Baht take away the cost of a bus ride and there is no way I would have enough money for a long time.  Unless you can point me in the right direction :wacko:

Usually spend the first night in Bangkok and get the Ekamai  Roong Reuang or Bell bus the next day as I often arrive well after midnight.  I'm not usually in a hurry to get to Pattaya as my flight is usually less than four hours.  

I've used a taxi once as I only able to have a few days in Pattaya.

Going by bus is supposed to be good BUT I've been using Taxi's for so long now I cannot see me ever changing

In my clueless newbie days I would take a taxi, after a few trips I started taking Bell Bus, now I take the Pattaya Airport bus and am quite capable of using the songthaes.

Since I first posted this topic a company called Grab got mentioned.

I've never heard of them before so I checked them out.

And here is there website

https://www.grab.com/th/en/taxi/

To each of his own ..... bus or taxi . 

I always use Tanns Taxi as all are safe lady drivers (No breaking speed limit, tail gateing or lane hopping). Vehicles are comfortable clean and no stopping for fuel either or switching cars as i found with other companies. Lady is always waiting at the agreed place in the terminal along with return back to airport at exactly the agreed time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 

Mobile +66 86 066 8490 (Tann)

email address [email protected]

Very interesting thread this. Would I be a million miles out if I were to suggest that over the last 5 years or so a very large number of BMs have switched allegiances from Mr T to Meeow or Nam (I have now moved, about 2 years ago to Meeow). Assuming this is the case....why? In my own case she is 100% reliable and when I call her number, she has my number stored - Hi Mr Lottellee you come, Utapao or BKK, which hotel this time? Nice personal touch.

Used to be a Bells die-hard....now I remember reading you cant just walk up to the counter and buy a ticket

you have to pre-book on there site....what happens if ur flight gets delayed and you miss the bus...

why do they do this to us?

Just checked the site and its so troublesome....all this info that sometimes even i don't know

like a thai no....weight of my bag....is there any other operator in that hall that doesn't impose such conditions?

3 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Very interesting thread this. Would I be a million miles out if I were to suggest that over the last 5 years or so a very large number of BMs have switched allegiances from Mr T to Meeow or Nam (I have now moved, about 2 years ago to Meeow). Assuming this is the case....why? In my own case she is 100% reliable and when I call her number, she has my number stored - Hi Mr Lottellee you come, Utapao or BKK, which hotel this time? Nice personal touch.

Nope, not a million miles out at all.

I switch from Mr. T to Nan for 2 reasons, first got tired of his outsourced drivers stopping for fuel on the way to Pattaya just about every trip, second, when Mr. T service failed to pick me up one night (early morning) from the hotel going back to the airport.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 12/07/2018 at 14:18, blue1878 said:

Going by bus is supposed to be good BUT I've been using Taxi's for so long now I cannot see me ever changing

Same here never bother with Buses now for many years after long flights i just want to get to Pattaya ASAP, i to always use Mr T at 1,100 including all Tolls never had any problems he always waiting at the Airport Door 3 and always early when going back to airport, if i do get any problems i have his mobile numbers to hand, will use again for my October trip.

58 people have voted so far and Nam;s taxi's are coming out tops so far

I personally opt for the traditional public taxi when I land at Suvarnabhumi

this is for two main reasons :

1)  in case of a delayed arrival of your flight you should rockin into calling the agency that are supposed to pick u up and hoping they'll have a "backup" driver gonna meet u (as the appointed one will surely has left the airport already just after he/she waited you no longer than 20 minutes over the expected arrival time)

of course they should be kept monitored your flight arrival and noticing a predicted delay but.... seriously.... we're talking about Thai.... how many will do it ?!? based on my experience let's say 1 out 10 - then if not any B plan... you'll have to pick a regular taxi in any case

2) the real difference in price terms is quite unconsiderable;  the price for getting a pre-booked/reserved/appointed taxi awaiting for taking u to Pats will have a cost fluctuating between 1100 - 1200 THB

a regular taxi fare (including toll fee) will be approx 1500, not such a great damage to your pocket indeed

of course everyone has their own habits in regards but I feel it's an organizing aspect that wouldn't drive you fool as probably the majority of us will throw away more than a few hundred THB doing "stupid things" when on site - i.e. ring the bells at bars etc

last but not least.... I'm a smoker and when I step out of Suvarnabhumi, after a long haul flight, I'd love to light up a cigarette in the, let's call it,  open air basement without having the hassle of thinking someone is waiting me outside there (it's also because I consider myself respectful of the job of others so I don't like to make anyone waiting me)

For my often late nite arrivals I will most often use the reliable and safe Nam's taxi service.

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

I also very much like the 120 baht Bus 389 and use it when possible.  Comfortable seats and clean toilet.

What I like about Bus 389, is that when it's really busy at BKK airport, a 50 baht tip gets you on the next departing bus making it an excellent option.  Return trips can be booked days in advance so no waiting In either direction.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Can you really not just walk up to the desk  anymore and buy a ticket for the Bell bus ?  

Recent YouTube vids show people doing exactly that. 120 baht versus a ripoff 250 baht online price. 

16 minutes ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Can you really not just walk up to the desk  anymore and buy a ticket for the Bell bus ?  

Recent YouTube vids show people doing exactly that. 120 baht versus a ripoff 250 baht online price. 

Are you sure the 120 baht walk up price was for Bell? Sounds more like the airport 389 bus.

Ah I see now, this bus was a blue coach, number 389. Is that a standard Thai bus service?  What's the Bell bus then ? ( I've never taken it so I don't know what it looks like.). Whats the difference? Is Bell bus smaller ?  Does it take you direct to your hotel (the 390 seems to just drop you off at a few points, could be far away from your hotel).

Archived