IGNORED

How do you get from Airport to Pattaya

blue1878

How do you get from Airport to Pattaya  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering how everybody gets from Bangkok airport to Pattaya

1 hour ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Ah I see now, this bus was a blue coach, number 389. Is that a standard Thai bus service?  What's the Bell bus then ? ( I've never taken it so I don't know what it looks like.). Whats the difference? Is Bell bus smaller ?  Does it take you direct to your hotel (the 390 seems to just drop you off at a few points, could be far away from your hotel).

Yep the bell bus, unlike the 389, drops you at your hotel, when you book online you input your hotel or guest-house, IF for some reason it is not in the drop down menu (can happen with guest-houses) then pick the nearest hotel to your lodging. The Bell arrives at pattaya station and you see a number of miini buses each with a small list of hotels that they are dropping off passengers at. Pick the one you named, show your receipt, get on and you are there shortly after. Unlike the 389 where you could (and most probably will be) be dropped of quite a way from you lodging and need to secure transport, which will cost you more than the difference in price.

4 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Ah I see now, this bus was a blue coach, number 389. Is that a standard Thai bus service?  What's the Bell bus then ? ( I've never taken it so I don't know what it looks like.). Whats the difference? Is Bell bus smaller ?  Does it take you direct to your hotel (the 390 seems to just drop you off at a few points, could be far away from your hotel).

bell basically takes u from the airport to pattaya bus station. their buses are the same size as the 390 bus im sure.  from there u are herded off into separate minivans. most likely u are grouped together due to the proxity of each passengers hotels. i prefer the taxi route. 

Thanks for all the info. Just found their website as well, all looks pretty straightforward. Think I'll give it a go. 

If all goes well, I'll book another one to pick me up from my Pattaya hotel and take me to my next hotel in BKK. 

http://www.belltravelservice.com  Bell bus is my first choice provided the timetable suits; I do not like hanging around for any length of time. Last trip used it just once Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya. Prebook 250 THB.

http://namstaxipattaya.com is my taxi of choice. Last trip - once Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and twice Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi; cars were all very clean and newish - Corolla, Camry hybrid, Fortuna. One way fare is 1200 THB plus tip, 100 or 200.

Archived