IGNORED

Robin’s Nest

At Robin’s Nest on Soi Diane the so-called beef tenderloin at 390 baht is just a piece of shit.

Those people really don’t have the slightest idea what beef tenderloin (in French “filet pur”) should look like.

Also their system of putting vertical metal boxes with spoons, forks and knives on the tables is all but hygienic.

Not for repeat business.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFAIK Robin's Nest ist not Robin's anymore.
The place if famous for the quantity, not the quality of their food.
Like you, I had dinner there once and not likely to rush back any time soon.

T.

Never had a problem in robins nest.

decent enough pub grub. Nothing fancy though 

Certainly not fine dinning ,  but a good place to meet for a feed before visiting all the popular Soi's in the immediate area.

I eat there regularly. IMHO, the Thai food is better than the falang food. The best non-Thai dish they do is the sizzling Mexican beef. 

One of my favourite places to sit down for a snack after boom boom and writing reports. Never had a problem there. 

13th Warrior`s Raid  Relatert bilde

Last Sunday I enjoyed the weekly special set menu at Cherry’s Restaurant on Third Road (Sundays 450 baht, other days 550 baht), which included beef tenderloin as one of the possible choices.

Although this place is Thai owned, the owner, unlike the Robin’s Nest people, knows his trade.

week_dinner.jpg

week_dinner.pdf

4 hours ago, fred99 said:

Love their lasagne, Thurdays are a must visit. 

Me too.

I used to get the English breakfast there a few years back. Like everything else in Pattaya, quality comes and goes.

7 hours ago, b0b said:

Last Sunday I enjoyed the weekly special set menu at Cherry’s Restaurant on Third Road

Is that the place not far from Bliss opposite the big vacant lot??

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I eat there all the time when In Pattaya.  I have never had an issue with any of the food there.  The staff are always very friendly.  

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:55, electoff said:

I eat there all the time when In Pattaya.  I have never had an issue with any of the food there.  The staff are always very friendly.  

At my only visit to Robin’s Nest the food was shite and the staff all but friendly.

Not going back.

11 minutes ago, Houten Kop said:

At my only visit to Robin’s Nest the food was shite and the staff all but friendly.

Not going back.

There was a significant change in quality & service when ownership changed - imho.

Don’t go there now.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A few years back the full English breakfast was very good.  One morning I asked for fried bread, when the breakfast arrived they also brought a plate with FIVE slices of bread..... I said "Not five bread,  fried bread".

17 hours ago, Red-Devil said:

A few years back the full English breakfast was very good.  One morning I asked for fried bread, when the breakfast arrived they also brought a plate with FIVE slices of bread..... I said "Not five bread,  fried bread".

bet she shrugged her shoulders, still charged you for the bread and went off to send a text message to her yabba'd up moto cy driver boyfriend!!!!

When did the ownership changed? Was there a couple of times in march and never had a bad meal.

19 hours ago, Houten Kop said:

Not going back.

Well I have just come back form a 2 week trip and ate there every day.  Can only speak of my experience. 

2 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

When did the ownership changed? Was there a couple of times in march and never had a bad meal.

When Robin sold out to the boys behind the Sportsman soi13 about 7 years ago.

On 7/2/2018 at 22:10, fred99 said:

Love their lasagne, Thurdays are a must visit. 

I ate at the Nest for the first time to try that lasagna. It was a standard Italian American style version. Unlike the Italian version, no bechamel (cream) sauce which is fine by me. Not too much sugar (common here) but the tomato sauce was bland. The portion was definitely large enough. But I can't really get excited by it and doubt I would order it again. I am curious to try their curry night though. I did find the vibe from the staff kind of weird and would not call it friendly. 

I eat regularly at Robin's nest when in town - usually lunch or a snack. The food is invariably good, the service is quick and the staff are lovely (really nice girls). My observation to the OP is that, I don't eat beef in LoS as it isn't a patch on Aussie or other quality nations...and for 390THB, you won't get an Aussie steak in Patts. 

Not going back.

Eat there often and staff always super friendly...maybe you send a very negative vibe which Thai girls respond to?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Spursman said:

bet she shrugged her shoulders, still charged you for the bread and went off to send a text message to her yabba'd up moto cy driver boyfriend!!!!

Ha-ha.... But, no.  I used to chat to Robin while having breakfast, he saw what had happened and got it sorted.....

But we both had a giggle about it.

Archived