Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where to buy prescription eyewear, glasses - looking for optometrist

KennyPowers

Hello... So I'm in town a while staying near Soi Bukhao and I need to get some new prescription eyewear. Can anyone suggest a good optometrist?

I broke my glasses a few years ago and the opticians at the entrance to the Soi that The Intimate hotel is on were good , next door to a Tim Beer Bar 

• Like 1

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Euro optics located on second road 200 yds past Royal Garden Plaza on the right hand side. 

• Like 3

Pattaya Optical on Klang....about 50m from the junction with Second Road,north side. Orange signage.

Very modern business. Vast range of quality frames and fantastic repair workshop where they do the seemingly impossible.

Very advanced sight-testing equipment also...far superior to the set-up I last attended here in the UK. Got a free eye test as I was buying frames from them,and was done in double-quick time.Got a new prescription which was spot on.

Highly highly highly recommended. 

• Thanks 2

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Generally speaking, how much does it cost for a pair of glasses with progressive lenses (bifocal) and how long does it take to fill the order?

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I have used Maria at Euro Optics for many years. Highly qualified, and being Phillippina, she speaks perfect English, which can be an advantage when dealing with technical issues that cost a fair bit of money!

reliable!

8 hours ago, Klongwater said:

Pattaya Optical on Klang....about 50m from the junction with Second Road,north side. Orange signage.

Very modern business. Vast range of quality frames and fantastic repair workshop where they do the seemingly impossible.

Very advanced sight-testing equipment also...far superior to the set-up I last attended here in the UK. Got a free eye test as I was buying frames from them,and was done in double-quick time.Got a new prescription which was spot on.

Correct, this is the best shop in Pattaya and most of the expats use it.

Great quality and service.

• 1 month later...

Bobby et al.:  Thanks. If I brought an eyeglasses prescription to this place (orange sign) would they also be able to convert the script to a contact lens equivalent and provide both? Hope someone here can answer. Thanking you in advance, Sculptor.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Maria at Euro Optics. Soi 7 told me about her last year plus read about her.

Needed some lenses re done on some frames plus bought some contact lenses from her. Great service great lady. Prices were great too compared to UK prices.

I find most opticians price to be way over the top here. So I get my prescription and general eye condition checked by Boots in the UK every two years for £10 or £20 or £0 (depends on the current promotion) and then get the lenses made here by the nice man at First Optic who is far and away the best value optician I have come across in Thailand.

Regular lenses for reading/computer/TV use, to my prescription, cost about 450B, or about double that with anti-reflection treatment. Fancy lenses would, of course, cost more. When my prescription changes I usually have him replace the lenses in four frames as I like to keep them where they are convenient (near my PC, by my bed, in the car, in my travel bag etc).

Cant remember the last time I bought new frames as I just replace the lenses in the old frames.

On 2018-06-15 at 06:32, Klongwater said:

A big Thank You for this info.

Went there today with wife and 2 kids.

Free eye test on all 4.

kids (8 and 7) didn’t need eyeglasses.

Wife had two eyeglasses that she needed to changes glasses on.

I had one pair sunglasses with -1.00 that I had to change glasses on to -1.50.

Had one pair with -1.50 with me as my 2nd 

all in all:

* 4 pair of new eyeglass boxes with the cleaning thingy (dunno the word in English) = 400 THB

* 4 eye tests = free

* 3 pair of new glasses, one is dark “sunglasses” 2500THB x 3 = 7500THB

* time to change glas = 1 hrs

* super friendly and service minded

//Paolo

Pattaya addict yepyep

• 1 year later...
On 19/07/2018 at 21:24, Paolobah said:

A big Thank You for this info.

Thanks to you both. I need new specs. Where I live, it's not easy to get this simple thing sorted out. I'll update when I get mine.