Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Siam @ Siam, Pattaya

17hrs2freedom

I saw this hotel & wanted to stay there. AMAZING hotel, but comes with drawbacks. Pro's first.

PROS:

1. Amazing customer service. Pretty much from when you enter, the Thai staff is incredible. I had nothing but amazing things to say about them. They even knew me by first name and always said hello.

2. Incredible food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner- I tried it all and it was all delicious.

3. Siam @ Siam is one of those places that you book because it has great decor in your room. It looks very modern inside and designer style. I upgraded my room to a bigger one with a ocean view and it was fuckin incredible. Watching those T-storms come rolling in while in the infinity pool was like watching Blade Runner (probably not the smartest thing I could do in Pattaya, but definitely not the most dangerous, 555)

4. The 2 infinity pools are insane. I spent a lot of time there. Spent quality time with a few barfines at the pools and it was a great time.

5. Gym is top notch.

6. 5 minute walk to Soi 6 (not sure if that's a pro or con, 555)

7. No joiner fees.

CONS:

1. Location. Its away from the action, although you have 2 soapies on either side of the hotel and an amazing one across the street. I had to take a bbus everytime with a barfine, or the dreaded 3am motorbiki taxi with 3 people on it to get home from WS/LK Metro. It was a drag after a while. A friend of mine stayed in the LK Metro area and I was envious everytime I was there since that's such a great spot.

2. Burping Chinese girls at breakfast. No joke. Guys who marry mainland Chinese girls are proof that a man will marry absolutely anything. Breakfast came with my room and I'd enjoy it every morning and every morning a Chinese girl would burp like she's a sailor. It happened 9 out of 11 mornings. Chinese manners are unbelievable. Getting off the lift was always a challenge- they will swarm the elevator before you can even exit and absolutely skip the que and cut you off. We all know this, but this shit just wore me thin after a few days. Every time I was in the lobby, something rude happened by a Chinese. Unfortunately, I'd probably say 95% of the guests are Chinese, so you have to figure out if you want to deal with this shit or not. I don't think I have it in me to deal with it again, as much as I loved this hotel.

BANGKOK112's youtube review

Geoff Carter's review

Siam5.jpg

Siam4.jpg

Siam3.jpg

Siam2.jpg

Siam1.jpg

OP - First of all, many thanks for your hotel review. Well written and an accurate reflection of Siam@Siam.

Do you mind sharing with us the cost of a standard room and how much extra you paid for your upgrade? Thanks.

Gradually, over the years, I have moved my hotel location closer and closer to LK (indeed I have been staying at LK Residence on soi Diana all week). One of the advantages of the area is that there are no Chinese tour buses (nearest I guess are hordes of Chinese at PPlus and at LK President)...there are groups of Taiwanese holidaymakers who stay at Centara Azure (behind areca lodge), but their table manners are impeccable in my experience. 

@LW, don't forget the LK Premier behind Bliss and Cherry Restaurant. Beautiful hotel, spoiled by Chinese Tour busses. It really has me leery of staying at any hotel with a big enough parking lot to fit a tour bus. 

https://goo.gl/maps/FhrhKWen5Gq

On 6/10/2018 at 00:46, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

OP - First of all, many thanks for your hotel review. Well written and an accurate reflection of Siam@Siam.

Do you mind sharing with us the cost of a standard room and how much extra you paid for your upgrade? Thanks.

Gradually, over the years, I have moved my hotel location closer and closer to LK (indeed I have been staying at LK Residence on soi Diana all week). One of the advantages of the area is that there are no Chinese tour buses (nearest I guess are hordes of Chinese at PPlus and at LK President)...there are groups of Taiwanese holidaymakers who stay at Centara Azure (behind Areca lodge), but their table manners are impeccable in my experience. 

Thank you. I don't remember exactly the baht, but it was prices right off the website. The only reason I know this is the bigger room wasn't listed when I made my reservation about a week before (it was there for a long time and then the day I went to book, the big room was gone). I asked at the reception desk if that corner room was available and they said yes, but nothing great about the price.

I think its smart to be close to LK- maybe even between LK and WS. Anything N of LK just becomes a hassle.

On 6/10/2018 at 01:30, Garzan said:

@LW, don't forget the LK Premier behind Bliss and Cherry Restaurant. Beautiful hotel, spoiled by Chinese Tour busses. It really has me leery of staying at any hotel with a big enough parking lot to fit a tour bus. 

https://goo.gl/maps/FhrhKWen5Gq

555. Smart man. Those big busses really do mess up a lot of things.

Really love the rooftop infinity pools there. Great eye candy, chilled vibe  and some decent cocktails. Great spot on a Sunday afternoon for a bit of relaxation. 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

Stayed at Siam@Siam for one week in the Leisure Class room (lowest level). A few opinions:

1) Both pools are great, top pool has DJ playing quite loud dance music if that is your thing. If the wind is up, forget it, at that height it becomes a gale. Patrons of the pools mainly Chinese/Korean. My bottle of Heineken was 200 baht. Hardly used the pool even though I convinced myself I would. Pool feature can be enticing, but just consider how much you are actually going to use it.

2) Location is a negative overall. On second road so baht bus makes it relatively easy to get home. The walk to beach road via the side road is short a walk and nearly always has a baht bus passing by to take you onto beach road. Soi 6 is a five minutes walk. Three soapy massage all within 200 meters. For myself, bringing a girl back all that distance became a ball ache. In practice I guess it is not a huge issue, but plays on your mind and I just prefer the comfort of walking distances. Being near soi 7/8 just sets your night up mentally. 

3) Rooms are 3/4 star in my opinion. Note I was in the lowest class room. Fixtures fittings not the highest quality, a tacky feeling to them. However, king bed and aircon are excellent and the views from room are great across Pattaya at night (make sure you get the highest room number possible). 

4) Very few western guests, nearly all Asian. A large number of families, often with shouty children  early in the morning. Changes the atmosphere of the hotel

Overall I felt ‘disconnected’ from the Pattaya energy being at the Siam@Siam. Unless you desperately want the roof top pool, there are cheaper hotels offering same quality in better locations in my opinion. 

I had the fortunate experience of visiting this cool funky establishment for a few hours enjoying cocktails during happy hour 2 weeks ago. Great service all round and worth a visit even as a tourist for the view from the rooftop bar. Nice review, thanks. 

97A54A48-3261-4D80-90B5-A95189F12132.jpeg

Have stayed here 3 times and it is a really nice place. Great pools and a top view. The Chinese at breakfast have also put me off,  wearing pyjamas, eating straight from the buffet and shouting to each other across the restaurant. 

19 hours ago, George1234 said:

Stayed at Siam@Siam for one week in the Leisure Class room (lowest level). A few opinions:

1) Both pools are great, top pool has DJ playing quite loud dance music if that is your thing. If the wind is up, forget it, at that height it becomes a gale. Patrons of the pools mainly Chinese/Korean. My bottle of Heineken was 200 baht. Hardly used the pool even though I convinced myself I would. Pool feature can be enticing, but just consider how much you are actually going to use it.

2) Location is a negative overall. On second road so baht bus makes it relatively easy to get home. The walk to beach road via the side road is short a walk and nearly always has a baht bus passing by to take you onto beach road. Soi 6 is a five minutes walk. Three soapy massage all within 200 meters. For myself, bringing a girl back all that distance became a ball ache. In practice I guess it is not a huge issue, but plays on your mind and I just prefer the comfort of walking distances. Being near Soi 7/8 just sets your night up mentally. 

3) Rooms are 3/4 star in my opinion. Note I was in the lowest class room. Fixtures fittings not the highest quality, a tacky feeling to them. However, king bed and aircon are excellent and the views from room are great across Pattaya at night (make sure you get the highest room number possible). 

4) Very few western guests, nearly all Asian. A large number of families, often with shouty children  early in the morning. Changes the atmosphere of the hotel. 

Overall I felt ‘disconnected’ from the Pattaya energy being at the Siam@Siam. Unless you desperately want the roof top pool, there are cheaper hotels offering same quality in better locations in my opinion. 

Excellent post - good advice.

20 hours ago, George1234 said:

2) Location is a negative overall. On second road so baht bus makes it relatively easy to get home. The walk to beach road via the side road is short a walk and nearly always has a baht bus passing by to take you onto beach road. Soi 6 is a five minutes walk. Three soapy massage all within 200 meters. For myself, bringing a girl back all that distance became a ball ache. In practice I guess it is not a huge issue, but plays on your mind and I just prefer the comfort of walking distances. Being near Soi 7/8 just sets your night up mentally. 

4) Very few western guests, nearly all Asian. A large number of families, often with shouty children  early in the morning. Changes the atmosphere of the hotel. 

Exactly my feelings when i stayed there,i used the pool on my last day just to make sure i saw it,felt the rooms were pretty poor for the price,and the ameneties the hotel offers are a complete rip off,never seen laundry costs so high 

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Guys i wonder if "non" customers can use infinity pool or not. Last year i went for a cold one there, but forgot to ask about it. Does someone know the answer?

31 minutes ago, mavera said:

Guys i wonder if "non" customers can use infinity pool or not. Last year i went for a cold one there, but forgot to ask about it. Does someone know the answer?

will ask and post i am scheduled  to stay there in july .

7 hours ago, mavera said:

Yes, non-patrons can use the pool without charge. Just don’t dive bomb it! 

14 hours ago, George1234 said:

Yes, non-patrons can use the pool without charge. Just don’t dive bomb it! 

This is great news, thank you sir :)

Been eyeing this place up for a while now, but the location has always put me off.

Might go and check it out one afternoon and get some cocktails down my neck. I follow the female DJ on Facebook and like her music.

On 6/17/2018 at 07:09, George1234 said:

100% agree.

9 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Ughhh Chinese tourists....    the packs of them just ruin whatever they touch. 

Some people are of the opinion that ‘packs’ of British tourists have   ruined whole towns, I’m sure Spain has a number of regrets. But it is always worth mentioning which patrons go to certain hotels simply because it changes the atmosphere. It is not to say it is a good or a bad thing, but merely that it is an influence to be considered. 

5 hours ago, George1234 said:

Some people are of the opinion that ‘packs’ of British tourists have   ruined whole towns, I’m sure Spain has a number of regrets. But it is always worth mentioning which patrons go to certain hotels simply because it changes the atmosphere. It is not to say it is a good or a bad thing, but merely that it is an influence to be considered. 

Thank you, Mr Politically Correct. I'm sure your next argument will be the positive influence of violent Muslims in London. 5555

14 minutes ago, 17hrs2freedom said:

Thank you, Mr Politically Correct. I'm sure your next argument will be the positive influence of violent Muslims in London. 5555

You are welcome. I will be honest, I do avoid the person in the pub who always seems to be going on about ‘the muslims’, but then the rest of the pub tends to do the same as well. 

I was in a very rum pub in Antwerp a few months back and there was a Flemish guy banging on about ‘the muslims’ and ‘political correctness’. Within five minutes he had emptied the room and was talking to himself. We told the Flemish guys that we have the same guy in pubs across England, seems to be a universal character. 

Each to their own. 

5 hours ago, George1234 said:

Any amount of regrets that Spain may have is totally offset by the money the Brits bring in.

And in my opinion the Chinese and Indians have a lot to learn courtesy wise.

1 hour ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Any amount of regrets that Spain may have is totally offset by the money the Brits bring in.

And in my opinion the Chinese and Indians have a lot to learn courtesy wise.

can I also throw in SOME Russians .

I spent few summers in sharm el sheik and couldn’t get over how bad they were.

2 hours ago, George1234 said:

You are welcome. I will be honest, I do avoid the person in the pub who always seems to be going on about ‘the muslims’, but then the rest of the pub tends to do the same as well. 

I was in a very rum pub in Antwerp a few months back and there was a Flemish guy banging on about ‘the muslims’ and ‘political correctness’. Within five minutes he had emptied the room and was talking to himself. We told the Flemish guys that we have the same guy in pubs across England, seems to be a universal character. 

Each to their own. 

While I do the same (I certainly don't go to Patts to discuss politics), I am not politically correct at all. I call a spade a spade when I see it. This dumbing down of information to be politically correct is just shit. Brainless, ridiculous shit.

But I do think Chinese need to be called out on their behavior. When I stayed at Siam @ Siam, I paid using my hard earned money and certainly don't want to hear an ugly Chinese girl burping gutteral burps while I'm waking up enjoying my breakfast. I certainly don't want to test my patience while some rude Chinese guy cuts in front of me in the que, and as certainly don't want to see a Chinese guy eat off the buffet line like a primate. Sure, other ethnicities do the same, blah blah blah, but I'm talking about mainland Chinese. I haven't seen behavior like this in my life and found the whole experience appalling. And we are suppose to ignore it? Why? I said the same thing in my review on Tripadvisor. Google Thailand sending a letter to China about their manners. Its quite sad. Apparently, nobody in China got it, or their Desire to burp/shit on the floor instead of the toilet is too strong for them to deny. (Don't even get me started on my story about the Koh Phi Phi boat tour- 1 toilet on an island and 50 Chinese waiting- finally get to it and there is 3 inches of shit all over the floor. You couldn't get anywhere near the toilet without stepping in 3 inches of shit. And they all look at me like "hey dumbass, you going? People are waiting." And not to mention the 100B tip they gave the crew (8 people chipped in) for an 8 hour day).

That and exactly that, is why I won't stay in Chinese tourist majority hotels ever again.

Assholes are assholes, every culture has them, and they pop up at nearly every tourist destination.  Idiotic Americans, Brits, Germans, Japanese, Koreans... I've seen them all.

With that said, China seems to be the only country that pushes their tourists to go abroad in groups to leverage collective purchasing power and increase Chinese political/economic influence by only frequenting Chinese owned subsidiaries and establishments; combined with differences in cultural attitudes this makes them seem rude, unwilling to mix with locals, dirty, and arrogant to just about everyone around them.

On the flight back to England I was lucky enough to get three seats to myself. I have, of course, seen fellow passengers in the same situation and envied their good fortune from afar. 

However, on my flight home I returned from the toilet to find an Indian passenger now sat in one of those seats (moving from his allocated seat) and now with all his crap set out on the middle seat. Of course I was none to happy. It got worse, he then proceeded to put his feet on the middle seat where they were actually touching me. A step too far and he was told to move or I would have him moved. He argued briefly and then moved himself (and his crap) back to his own seat. 

Now I could never imagine a British person doing that, but then maybe they would and I am just thinking - I wouldn’t do that. Maybe he didn’t represent general Indian behaviour whatsoever and he was individually ignorant. It is hard to know. 

I know my own country (England) best. We specialise in the supply of drunken yobs and their caveman behaviour. But who despises that group more than any other? Well of course, other English people (who are not like them). Maybe the bad of any country stand out and good majority silently resent the behaviour of their fellow countrymen. 

I stayed at the Siam@Siam and didn’t witness any ‘bad behaviour’ from Chinese/Korean guests as such. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, but I genuinely didn’t witness any. Maybe some xenophilic expats who live in Pattaya and experience all nationalities every day of the year can offer an objective analysis.

Archived