IGNORED

Condo Agents Pricing

flyingscotsman

Anyone know if the prices you see condos advertised for are fixed or are they negotiable?

Been looking at a few different agent and was wondering if anyone has dealt with Alan Bolton PC and you can negotiate lower prices than advertised on his website.

Thanks

Absolutely negotiable. In the current market VERY negotiable.

No oversight of agents so you can’t trust any of them. Use them to show you around different places then try to deal with owners directly if possible.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

52 minutes ago, davidge said:

Absolutely negotiable. In the current market VERY negotiable.

No oversight of agents so you can’t trust any of them. Use them to show you around different places then try to deal with owners directly if possible.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking they would be negotiable but since this would be my 1st condo rent wasn't 100% sure.

Been looking at a condo for 15,000b per month and was just wondering what kind of price I might be able to negotiate for a 6 or 12 month rent.

If you offer to pay 6 months in advance 13 would be a good number; look at Gecko too, realtors in Thailand aren't regulated so the more they ask...

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

10 minutes ago, Petesie said:

If you offer to pay 6 months in advance 13 would be a good number; look at Gecko too, realtors in Thailand aren't regulated so the more they ask...

Is Gecko a realtor in Pattaya, never heard of them

Yes mate, good agent.

Run by Brits; their office is opposite the Big C on Pattaya Klang. Good website too.

15 minutes ago, Petesie said:

Yes mate, good agent.

Run by Brits; their office is opposite the Big C on Pattaya Klang. Good website too.

Thanks, much appreciated

3 hours ago, Petesie said:

Yes mate, good agent.

could you show us just 1 price even near normal pricing from their advs ? 

geckos is one of the last ones i would ever call or use personally due to their pricings

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

We're in a 2 bed condo, Alan Bolton wanted 22k, Gecko wanted 18 and settled for 16. :) 

1 hour ago, Larssonn said:

could you show us just 1 price even near normal pricing from their advs ? 

geckos is one of the last ones i would ever call or use personally due to their pricings

Who would you use then please Larsson with website details?

15 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Try getting to owners directly on baht and sold though some masquerade as owners. Agents charge 1 months rent for a year rental.so you should get that reduction percentage as a minimum.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎31 at 21:22, overseas516 said:

none as so far ive found 0 to be either honest or professional 

Talung66s reply covers the rest "as a minimum"

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a condo in pattaya center, how can I found without using an agent?

What you suggest @Larssonn? How you found the owners and contact them directly??

May be better to go in a juristic offices of the condos?

For my research I used the East Coast Real Estate web site http://www.thaiproperty.com  is very good in the first time  because there are a lot of condo and you can se on the map view.

But now looking on Gecko i found better prices.

Anyone used services of this agents, or others, and would share his opinion?  I would be very glad to know.

@Petesiecould you tell us your experience with Gecko? why you say it is a good relator?

When I rented my condo I offered 132,000B for the year (ie 11,000B/month), paid in two instalments, compared to a monthly asking rate of 20,000B (ie 240,000B/year). It was accepted without discussion. That was several years ago and since then asking prices have dropped significantly.

Advertised prices for both sales and rentals are way over the top here. Do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

I would not trust any real estate agent here further than I can spit. That is not far at all.

The same applies to lawyers and indeed any other so-called "professional".

Following with interest...

DDProperty looks a good site when searching (I believe hipflat has already been mentioned).

I actually rented through a Thai agent in the building in question. I just treated them as a transparent step in the chain. I made my offer and they communicated it to the owner, who agreed.

What to look out for in Thailand?

Anything involving money.

Bahtsold website is now rubbish, you can't search on areas in Pattaya so loads of guff comes up

20 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Bahtsold website is now rubbish, you can't search on areas in Pattaya so loads of guff comes up

Same thought's for me...., seems now the real estate bunch has taken over B&S…, as you can not search example in  Rayong , also the prices are all in same range , I think they went to a kind of" seminar " :P.."how to make believe buyers our (up creamed prices..(lol)…". and amongst  each other fighting to be on the first advert places  …. same as claiming to be all owner (this for the farang ones ..) as they know they can only be consultants not agents by work permit  exceptions reserved for Thais...

I think strong that they bought this part of Baht& Sold  :D, very rare to find a real owner priced condo …. Wont work this approach...,reckon that  prices from most of them are 15 to25% upgraded from the possible sales price :rolleyes:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

All prices are negotiable .  People can go on and on about real estate agents in Pattaya and I don't disagree that most agents aren't qualified to do the job but , at the end of the day , you determine what you are willing to pay . 

As others have suggested you would be wise to offer well below the asking price be it a rental or  a purchase . It is a good idea to scan a few sources of rental units to get a general idea of what an average list price is for what you are looking for so you can make an educated offer .

Personally , my last rental in 2016 , they listed at $28k /mth for 12 months and I offered $22K/mth for 6 months and my offer was accepted .  I should have offered $20K (lol) .

Personally , my last rental in 2016 , they listed at $28k /mth for 12 months and I offered $22K/mth for 6 months and my offer was accepted .  I should have offered $20K (lol) .

Thank you Max!
Can you tell us more? Type of condo and location for example? Have you trade directly with owner or by condo agent or other?
Becouse ~ 25% price discount sounds really good for me that i’m just looking a small condo at Soi 15 (centara, urban, the base, city garden)
There, avarage price for 30smq studio frunished is around 16k but reading this thread a price drop to 12000 maybe attainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Max!
Can you tell us more? Type of condo and location for example? Have you trade directly with owner or by condo agent or other?
Becouse ~ 25% price discount sounds really good for me that i’m just looking a small condo at soi 15 (centara, urban, the base, city garden)
There, avarage price for 30smq studio frunished is around 16k but reading this thread a price drop to 12000 maybe attainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take at least 30% off on any yearly lease. My place in Bkk asked 24k, I offered 18k. It's a modern 1 BR with a good gym, pool and beside the BTS. Looked at three condos in the same building and the agents where cashing me! Had the same exp in Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

Archived