Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Center Condo for sale

Billyboy294

An Aussie friend of mine who has rented in Center Condo several times over the years has recently bought for 6.70 million because he wanted a large apartment 2 bedroom apartment to live in when he retires which he hopes will be next year..So it was not bought on a whim

The Farang majority committee has carried out many improvements over the past few years with more to come.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

1 hour ago, talung66 said:

And now with the strength of the Thai baht it will take a certain farang to buy with their currency the way it is ATM.Not for me with my AUD at 23 baht the cost is 30% more that it could have been  and most other currencies are similar.

I would imagine that an Aussie that was living here and renting a few years back, when the AUD was getting 32 baht, wished that he had bought.

On 5/31/2018 at 21:09, Scuba+ said:

How old are the photos? I recall a lot of condos have extended to the balcony, but in the photo you can't see it

A 80 sq.m. corner apartment like this has the balcony off the bedroom as can be seen on the photo. Still has a balcony. I personally prefer a balcony so you can sit out in the afternoon sun and enjoy a cup of tea or whatever. Also useful for drying your towels and swimming gear..

The standard 50 sq.m. apartments have the balcony off the lounge.Yes some people  have closed in the balcony with a window.

But if you did not have a balcony where could you take photos like this.

5b113a1b7364f_DSC00408CCcr2(Custom).thumb.jpg.f5f0d2983d0fb4a610d6d08f5bdeda9a.jpg

22 hours ago, Larssonn said:

there is one 2 bedroom in there sold thru swedish site at 700k * 3,6 = 2,520,000 :- in what looks to be a absolutely new renovated unit .....cant se view tho but still ....

as kitten said , hipflat can be heavilly misleading and studios in this building goes from 875k-1 mthb so do the math ,,, actual buy prices from my mates .

Center Condo is all about location, facilities like a nice swimming pool and parking, but especially situation.

There are many apartments on the sea side. Unfortunately a few years ago the Temple decided to build a 5 storey  carpark next to the Condo. So you now have  most of the apartments on that side from floors M (1) up to Floors 6/ 7 looking into an ugly concrete wall about 3 metres away. So the value of these properties went down dramatically and not many people would want to buy in that situation Therefore the big variation in pricing.

On 6/1/2018 at 02:36, Old Scratch said:

Out of curiosity, how much difference does it make if Thai owned vs foreigner owned, price wise?

Simple answer 100%.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 5/29/2018 at 12:08, Billyboy294 said:

BAD NEWS.

The apartment is owned by an English friend who owns a hotel and some apartments in the Condo but i just found out that this apartment is in his Hotel Company Thai name.

Sorry about that. But i am sure there are some BMs who would be happy to buy it in their girlfriends' name.

You may mislead BM by stating "BMs who would be happy to buy it in their girlfriends' name".

You have stated its in his company name so it would need to be transferred to Thai name before the sale in order that the buyer can buy in Thai name.

JDM

I was joking when i said could buy it in their girlfriends name.

Actually it was 'owned' by an Englishman but was in his Thai wife's name so i assume it was Thai owned when he bought it.

If the present owner got a firm offer then it would be his responsibility to transfer it  to his Thai wife's name prior to the sale.

On 5/29/2018 at 18:01, petermik said:

Three bed new townhouses near me (3rd rd near the village) are asking less than this...:Oops1:

Can a Farang buy a 'house' in his own name?

On 6/1/2018 at 02:36, Old Scratch said:

Out of curiosity, how much difference does it make if Thai owned vs foreigner owned, price wise?

1 hour ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Simple answer 100%.

JDM

My guess would be about 25%

1 hour ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

You have stated its in his company name so it would need to be transferred to Thai name before the sale in order that the buyer can buy in Thai name.

Uh? "Company name" is "Thai name" when we talk about chanotes. There is no need to make a first transfer to a Thai people. The Land Office will just add the name of the new Thai owner (individual or company) below the name of the previous one.

12 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

Can a Farang buy a 'house' in his own name?

Yes...but not the land its built on....strange but true :)

On 6/1/2018 at 19:11, Billyboy294 said:

Center Condo is all about location, facilities like a nice swimming pool and parking, but especially situation.

There are many apartments on the sea side. Unfortunately a few years ago the Temple decided to build a 4 storey  carpark next to the Condo. So you now have  most of the apartments on that side from floors M (1) up to Floors 6/ 7 looking into an ugly concrete wall about 5 metres away. So the value of these properties went down dramatically and not many people would want to buy in that situation Therefore the big variation in pricing.

Here is a view of the car park wall which many of the lower apartments on the sea side are looking into.

So the prices of these units don't compare with similar ones elsewhere in the Condo..

5b139b7a05695_Condo1849CC(Custom).thumb.jpg.62a39b6128bff355b3473addf88b1791.jpg

Someones window overhangs the pool? :wacko:

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2018 at 13:31, Oukiva said:

Uh? "Company name" is "Thai name" when we talk about chanotes. There is no need to make a first transfer to a Thai people. The Land Office will just add the name of the new Thai owner (individual or company) below the name of the previous one.

Its a little more complicated than a simple change of ownership name when you buy it from a "Company" there can be some significant more  transfer costs as apposed to buying it from a Thai person ownership.

Yes you can transfer it from company to Thai name at the land office there is a small charge about 6,000tb  for this however if not held by the "company" for over 5 years and the buyer agrees to pay the transfer costs then it could run into the 100s of 1,000s in transfer fees for the buyer to pay.

The best thing any buyer can do is get professional legal advice it may cost you a little now but may save you a lot latter on.

JDM

On 6/1/2018 at 19:11, Billyboy294 said:

There are many apartments on the sea side. Unfortunately a few years ago the Temple decided to build a 5 storey  carpark next to the Condo. So you now have  most of the apartments on that side from floors M (1) up to Floors 6/ 7 looking into an ugly concrete wall about 3 metres away. So the value of these properties went down dramatically and not many people would want to buy in that situation Therefore the big variation in pricing.

No view is obstructed only to the 4th floor i rented on the 5th and you look over the roof of the car park.a friend has been trying to sell a double unit on the 3rd fl(74sqm)at 2.3mill for years because of that carpark view.

Archived