Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Favorite lunch and dinner places around LK Metro

Hey Guys, 

I'm staying over here at Intimate hotel. It's near Kiss and Eden massage

Just curious if anyone has recommendations for good food. It can Thai or burgers. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McDonalds
Wheres the "report post" button on tap a talk?? [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

My favourites around there are Casa Pascal (great breakfast but your hotel brekky is really good), Continental Bakery in soi excite, Golf Club in LK Metro and Retox Game On in soi honey. Coins on soi buakhao has some really nice lunch specials as well.

If you want miserable unfriendly service, Tincup is the place to go

In this forum you may want to take a look at the following threads.

Thai Thai Kitchen - started by Kahoy. I have been there and liked it as well. Also, there are several other places mentioned in that thread that sound interesting, but I have not been to them.

So's Place - Started by Evil Penevil, I have not been there, but Evil is almost always on the money.

Both of these are on Soi 15 and both are Thai food.

downloads.png.7c43930c7cce178a45e68a80744acbed.png

Often when I have stayed at the Intimate I go to the diner in Villa supermarket in The Avenue....cheap quick and usually pretty good. I’ve only tried their Thai food.

If I’m really hungry I climb over the wall in the Intimate car park....hotel  lobby to diner in about 40 seconds!!

2 hours ago, jones78 said:

Walk to Beefeaters.

But get their number and book a seat.  They can be solid.  I've eaten at the bar as a solo some nights.  And DO order the lobster bisque.  That alone is worth the visit.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:48, scubascuba3 said:

If you want miserable unfriendly service, Tincup is the place to go

I don,t go for the ambience just the food.........to be honest I,d feel like them if I had to serve some of the folks that eat there......:Laugh1:

I don,t go for the ambience just the food.........to be honest I,d feel like them if I had to serve some of the folks that eat there......:Laugh1:
Maybe so, i eat street food elsewhere and sellers are always friendly, tin cup staff have come from a long line of unfriendly generations

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, petermik said:

Maybe so, i eat street food elsewhere and sellers are always friendly, tin cup staff have come from a long line of unfriendly generations

Try smiling at them first.....:Bravo1: it won,t hurt.

p.s. I know exactly what you mean though,there are a couple of young girls been there a while now and when they first started they were always smiling and pleasant with the customers...unfortunately some of the jerks took this as a sign of "I wonder how much" and suggestions were made which did not go down well......hence no smiles.....understand now :Oops1:

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 00:31, Laughing333 said:

Hey Guys, 

I'm staying over here at Intimate hotel. It's near Kiss and Eden massage. 

Just curious if anyone has recommendations for good food. It can Thai or burgers

I have eaten at Kiss a few times, I guess good for what the cost is.

I have never tried Edens, if you do eat there, let us know how it was.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Loaf bakery is worth a mention on soi lengkee right near buakhao.

Im a fan of the ladyboy spaghetti stand on soi diana right near buakhao too, cheap and tasty

I've found Retox Game On on Soi Honey to be fairly Good, and Robin Hood Tavern at The Avenue Mall is quiet good, both are close to the Intimate hotel. I also like the Lone Star Texas Grill on Soi Lengkee. There is a Daily Special in the Lone Star, an assigned dish from the menu each day at a 30-40% price reduction.

"I thought I wanted a Career. Turns out I just wanted a paycheck to buy plane tickets to Thailand."

My Previous Trip Report:

A Fresh Start: 1st Trip Report after 17 Trips

Loaf bakery is worth a mention on soi lengkee right near buakhao.

Im a fan of the ladyboy spaghetti stand on soi diana right near buakhao too, cheap and tasty

Yes a friendly ladyboy and spag bol 115 baht, nice with a 70 baht large Chang

I always stay in the LK Metro area. This is the most target rich environment in town.

Cheaper options

Subway on the corner of Buakow and Diana

Spaghetti cart opposite Subway on Diana

Surprise BBQ just around the corner east of Buahow, north of Tree Town (used to be called 49 Baht ribs on PA when it opened)

Cheap pizza place on north side of Lengkee

Buakow market, north on Buakow, west side has many food stands. This place is about due east of Central Festival, which you can see.

Medium priced options

Retox on Lengkee near 3rd road (99 Baht massive breakfast is one of the best deals in town)

Robin's Nest on Diana

Witherspoon's corner of Buakow and Lengkee

Devonshire on Lengkee

Jolly's, west side of Buahow north of Tree Town.

Pizza place ground floor at the Avenue mall, east side of Second Road.south where you are staying.

All these Medium price options have daily specials

Higher Priced options

There are a couple high end Steak houses in the arcade on south side of Diana near 2nd road

On Lengkee there is a high end Steak place, Smokey Joe's BBQ and Lone Star Texas Grill, all next to each other. All 3 have daily specials.

I've been to alll the places listed so far except the 2 arcade steak houses and I've only mentioned a fraction of what's available.

For ANYTHING YOU WANT go to Cental Festival Mall (on 2nd Road a couple blocks North of LK Metro area; next to Hilton Hotel; you can't miss it). From a huge Asian foodcort in the basement to Sizzler steakhouse (best place for a salad bar), an all you can eat Steak Buffet, many Japanese places including one where you're served by a robot, Korean places, Chinese places, McDonald's, KFC, upscale desert places, etc. If you can't find something you like here you have serious problems.

There are food carts and little stands everywhere. Look for one that's busy for a hint at quality. On Sunday's many places have a Sunday Carvery (if you're not from the UK, do a search on PA for descriptions). I've had the ones at Robin's Nest and Jolly's. Robin's Nest is a little larger and a little more expensive, but both are good deals.

Not far from LK Metro up Buakhao, do a left and head down towards New Plaza, a row of Thai restaurants, one Falang one stands out called Market Cafe (opposite NP Residence) traditional British food, all good and good prices too. I'd give it 2 Michelin stars.

It's kinda a greasy spoon kind of place but one of my favouritesca67653c39f8d4e1856b450fad3b5acc.jpg

Lee's dinner Soi Diana is also a great  and cheap place to eat. 

Open 24h. 

I always enjoy the food at my way which is just across from the Beefeater

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Archived