IGNORED

Favorite lunch and dinner places around LK Metro

19 hours ago, jimboh said:

Kilkenny on LK Metro is good value and have daily specials, all good quality too.

Kilkenny do a very good breakfast and not too expensive, think it is 145 baht but well worth it.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TL on 2nd Rd opposite Tim's is OK (cnr 12)- massive breakfast, good thai fried  fish, soup, chicken wings are very good (not American style). Cheap, service speed is OK but staff are not interested. Has an a/c area.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, mlay said:

Lee's dinner Soi Diana is also a great  and cheap place to eat. 

Open 24h. 

Was just about to post the same.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

3 hours ago, mlay said:

Lee's dinner Soi Diana is also a great  and cheap place to eat. 

Open 24h. 

When I stayed at Areca, I ate here often...sometimes for lunch , sometimes after a ST in the wee hours..... decent food, decent pizza... fair prices.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Try smiling at them first.....:Bravo1: it won,t hurt.
p.s. I know exactly what you mean though,there are a couple of young girls been there a while now and when they first started they were always smiling and pleasant with the customers...unfortunately some of the jerks took this as a sign of "I wonder how much" and suggestions were made which did not go down well......hence no smiles.....understand now :Oops1:
So i just gave Tin Cup another go, went in, no acknowledgement from the girls eating, don't even look up, no one working, this place is so bad its laughable, anyway i went somewhere else smiles all round. I honestly don't know why guys go there, renowned for shitty service. Food isn't stand out anyway

On 22/05/2018 at 19:43, Tarl said:

My favourites around there are Casa Pascal (great breakfast but your hotel brekky is really good), Continental Bakery in soi excite, golf Club in LK Metro and Retox Game On in soi honey. Coins on soi buakhao has some really nice lunch specials as well.

I agree, Casa Pascal is outstanding. I haven't been to the Golf Club yet but one of my friends tells me it's his favourite breakfast venue.

Lee's diner is ok for dinner never had breakfast there. I've been meaning to try out Cafe Pittini as well as I've read some good reviews.  The Sportsman in soi 13 isn't bad but a little expensive.

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
On 23/05/2018 at 19:24, petermik said:
Try smiling at them first.....:Bravo1: it won,t hurt.
p.s. I know exactly what you mean though,there are a couple of young girls been there a while now and when they first started they were always smiling and pleasant with the customers...unfortunately some of the jerks took this as a sign of "I wonder how much" and suggestions were made which did not go down well......hence no smiles.....understand now :Oops1:

So i just gave Tin Cup another go, went in, no acknowledgement from the girls eating, don't even look up, no one working, this place is so bad its laughable, anyway i went somewhere else smiles all round. I honestly don't know why guys go there, renowned for shitty service. Food isn't stand out anyway

Stopped going in Tin Cup years ago the food is just about average at best.

Loads of decent places around that area to get a decent feed within 1-2 minutes Walk.

I agree, Casa Pascal is outstanding. I haven't been to the Golf Club yet but one of my friends tells me it's his favourite breakfast venue.
Lee's diner is ok for dinner never had breakfast there. I've been meaning to try out Cafe Pittini as well as I've read some good reviews.  The Sportsman in soi 13 isn't bad but a little expensive.
Cafe Pitini is good but where it is less good is the drink prices and the waitress tip nazis

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

waitress tip nazis

Yep you are not wrong there is one waitress in there  the plump one about 40 years old she is a right tip nazis.

if she is the one who is serving me .

when it is time to check bin I just go the counter and pay and when she spots this she comes rushing over but to late ,change pocketed and I am out the door.

winds her up a treat 555

Yep you are not wrong there is one waitress in there  the plump one about 40 years old she is a right tip nazis.
when it is time to check bin I just go the counter and pay and when she spots this she comes rushing over but to late ,change pocketed and I am out the door.
winds her up a treat 555

Yeah, i blame the owners, pay them a decent salary and tell the waitresses not to be tip nazis. This applies everywhere

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
48 minutes ago, Pheat said:
winds her up a treat 555

Yeah, i blame the owners, pay them a decent salary and tell the waitresses not to be tip nazis. This applies everywhere

I am in PI now, had the 99P ( 60 B ) breakfast special yesterday...Paid the bill but only had 2P in change in my pocket....gave it to the girl , 3P tip....pathetic in my eyes,  I apologized , she smiled and thanked me.

I agree servers who hound you for tips whether in restaurants or bars need a kick in the ass..... but good service deserves a little extra compensation.....loosen up.  It's good Karma  55555

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
49 minutes ago, Pheat said:
winds her up a treat 555

Has got to be one of the best restaurants in Pattaya for tips with all the customers that go through in a day even in low season 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Kahoy said:
I agree, Casa Pascal is outstanding. I haven't been to the golf Club yet but one of my friends tells me it's his favourite breakfast venue.

Cafe Pitini is good but where it is less good is the drink prices and the waitress tip nazis

46 minutes ago, Pheat said:

winds her up a treat 555

I used to live just a short stroll from Pitini and ate there a lot, but it's the tip-shit that put me off. I'm glad to see it's not only me that spots that shite. Yes, the chubby 40+ year old one was responsible for the bulk of that, she tries to ingratiate herself to uncomfortable levels (non-physical, fortunately) and it becomes awkward. 

I too began paying at the counter which began the next (typical Thai) tipping issue, which was receiving a (relatively) unusual B50 note in the change in rder to pressure me into leaving B21 as a tip, instead of the natural and easy B11. So I made a point of leaving only one baht as a protest to receiving manipulated change.

This all sounds like a big deal over a few pennies and it is, but when you eat somewhere several times a week for years you feel as if they're treating you like a dumb buffalo. I always used to take a combination of coins with me to Pitini to ensure I CHOSE my tip instead of receiving manipulated change in an effort to make me leave more. I just ended up going there less and less until it became hardly ever.

This not only happens at Pitini but for some reason it sticks out like a sore thumb there.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

I used to live just a short stroll from Pitini and ate there a lot, but it's the tip-shit that put me off. I'm glad to see it's not only me that spots that shite. Yes, the chubby 40+ year old one was responsible for the bulk of that, she tries to ingratiate herself to uncomfortable levels (non-physical, fortunately) and it becomes awkward. 
I too began paying at the counter which began the next (typical Thai) tipping issue, which was receiving a (relatively) unusual B50 note in the change in rder to pressure me into leaving B21 as a tip, instead of the natural and easy B11. So I made a point of leaving only one baht as a protest to receiving manipulated change.
This all sounds like a big deal over a few pennies and it is, but when you eat somewhere several times a week for years you feel as if they're treating you like a dumb buffalo. I always used to take a combination of coins with me to Pitini to ensure I CHOSE my tip instead of receiving manipulated change in an effort to make me leave more. I just ended up going there less and less until it became hardly ever.
This not only happens at Pitini but for some reason it sticks out like a sore thumb there.

Yes, I've also stopped going, its pretty much all the girls, i actually found the chubby one ok. I guess as tourists go there they don't mind leaving bigger tips, makes them feel good and its cheap compared to back home

I shall be trying thaithai kitchen next time and eat at Jasmines a lot too.

Japanese place top floor in Central Festival is good value too. 

On 24/05/2018 at 06:56, scubascuba3 said:

Not far from LK Metro up Buakhao, do a left and head down towards New Plaza, a row of Thai restaurants, one Falang one stands out called Market Cafe (opposite NP Residence) traditional British food, all good and good prices too. I'd give it 2 Michelin stars.

It's kinda a greasy spoon kind of place but one of my favouritesca67653c39f8d4e1856b450fad3b5acc.jpg

good shout. i like this place also. 

There great suggestions here, but it is such a target rich area.  One that has not been mentioned, seems to be very common in this area and I just love are the BBQ pigs that seem to be all around except when you looking for them.  Do see the stuff on Café Pitini and guess have only eaten breakfast there(love it), but have never got the tip treatment that others referring to.  

On 5/26/2018 at 14:42, rioman said:

Do see the stuff on Café Pitini and guess have only eaten breakfast there(love it), but have never got the tip treatment that others referring to.  

Nor me and I eat dinners there often......:Agree1:

45 minutes ago, petermik said:

Nor me and I eat dinners there often......:Agree1:

When I stayed at D hotel...I ate there often...my biggest problem was finding an open table inside ( away from the smokers ) on many mornings.  Never had an issue with the servers or the service. Then again, I'm not a CC.....55555

I noticed someone already mentioned it but I can't avoid in turn to report as my favourite one Loaf bakery and Cafe in Soi Lengkee

12 hours ago, Maverick__83 said:

I noticed someone already mentioned it but I can't avoid in turn to report as my favourite one Loaf bakery and Cafe in Soi Lengkee

I enjoyed  Loaf and ate there about once a week.

Last time I ate at the Loaf I found a thin hair in my food, ok no big deal...then I found another hair, a thick hair. Obviously hair from two different heads. Yuk that put me off the meal. .... and mentioned to the manageress I won’t be finishing the meal and probably shouldn’t be charged the full price. 

“I give you discount next” time she says. Well there won’t be a next time I informed her. 

Think she cared? Less customers means more time for her Facebooking. LOL

That was about 2 years ago. Estimated their losses around 24,000 bt.

By by. 

Bake and brew - best breakfast and good Thai dishes. 

‘Cafe pittini - good food good prices

robins nest -  good food ate Sunday carver their yesterday.

Queens arms - best burger I have found so far

Beefeaters is good but always busy when I walk by

Pizza Italy. Good pizza/ osso  buko

daves cantina solid, 10 minute moto ride, great texmex but in bfe. 

Golf club - great fish and chips and I’m from America lol. 

‘Rovers on LK sucks ass

The standouts for me in this area are;

For breakfast walk over to Retox Game On Soi Honey. Can't beat the 99 baht special English Breakfast. However their whole menu is very good. Other notable breakfasts are at Golf Club on Soi LK and I Rovers nearly next door.

For Thai food; unquestionably the Tin Cup (basically opposite Katesiree guesthouse on Soi Buakhao). Very cheap and super tasty. I eat here at least once a day, sometimes twice. I also like Robins Nest on Soi Diana, which has a mixed menu.

Special mention is the late night spaghetti cart on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao, run by the sexy Apple and her LB sister. 105 baht for a large plate of Spag bog, which goes down a treat at 3am after a hard night of drinking.

If you fancy a steak, then head up the second road end of Soi Diana to Beefeater, which in my opinion is the best steak joint in town. Book ahead though, as they are often booked out in my experience, especially inside in the airconditioned part.

Archived