IGNORED

Comfort by Harlan

Hey, I don't know the guy except that he obviously has a very healthy ego. 

But have you considered that it just might be possible that he's telling the truth that he became very aggressive because of a medical situation?

Even if you say that's very unlikely, unless you give him another chance, you don't really know, do you?

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2023 at 23:16, Kreggerz said:

Hey, I don't know the guy except that he obviously has a very healthy ego. 

But have you considered that it just might be possible that he's telling the truth that he became very aggressive because of a medical situation?

Even if you say that's very unlikely, unless you give him another chance, you don't really know, do you?

I was a fan of his place for a few years.The food was very good and he is indeed a talented chef. He has won Michelin awards. Alas, talented chefs at times are also high strung individuals.

From what I have read the medical condition was self administered. Steroid use tied to an aggressive health club schedule.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I was a fan of his place for a few years.The food was very good and he is indeed a talented chef. He has won Michelin awards. Alas, talented chefs at times are also high strung individuals.

From what I have read the medical condition was self administered. Steroid use tied to an aggressive health club schedule.   

To be clear though on Michelin stars, they go to the restaurants and not individuals. 

Of course the chef has a lot to do with it but even a dishwasher can say that "my previous restaurant was Michelin star". 

1 hour ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

To be clear though on Michelin stars, they go to the restaurants and not individuals. 

Of course the chef has a lot to do with it but even a dishwasher can say that "my previous restaurant was Michelin star". 

True, but I have eaten at Comforts two times and on both occasions the food was excellent. First time I found Harlan a nice and friendly host. One of his good days I guess because the second time I ate there he was being a loud, obnoxious prick. Didn't return...

• Like 1

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

1 minute ago, Abracadabra said:

True, but I have eaten at Comforts two times and on both occasions the food was excellent. First time I found Harlan a nice and friendly host. One of his good days I guess because the second time I ate there he was being a loud, obnoxious prick. Didn't return...

Yes. I've enjoyed his food but many other options than supporting someone like him imo.

Sounds like he's gotten better with his behavior though, so good for him and his supporters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Yes. I've enjoyed his food but many other options than supporting someone like him imo.

Sounds like he's gotten better with his behavior though, so good for him and his supporters. 

Exactly how I feel about his food. He is really a top class chef and if he has as you say got better with his behavior that's good news for all Pattaya foodies. I know his career track record though so I'm not putting any money on him staying nice.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

On 18/04/2023 at 22:56, ChiFlyer said:

Not sure it matters that it was self inflicted. He admitted that and says that he's addressed the problem causing the behavior. I really don't get why people are so inflexible and vindictive about this. This is Pattaya, a town where the saintly types are few and far between.

37 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Not sure it matters that it was self inflicted. He admitted that and says that he's addressed the problem causing the behavior. I really don't get why people are so inflexible and vindictive about this. This is Pattaya, a town where the saintly types are few and far between.

I disagree.

If you have watched his video, like someone else said "the ego is still very evident". I think it matters a lot that it was self-inflected because he claims that it was not.

Yes, saintly types do not abound here in Pattaya, but he falls into the scam artist category IMNSHO.

He is most certainly a food talent, but unlikely to be one that I trust enough to frequent again. I require a certain amount of civility in my hosts and I am having no difficulty in finding those who at a minimum match Harlan's talents.

47 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

There are wankers and then there are WANKERS. Not much doubt about him tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”