IGNORED

Comfort by Harlan

I see that Comfort by Harlan is now shutting down for  a 'holiday', according to their FB page:

"Our boss Harlan has decided to close the restaurant for at least one month For Holiday and in the meantime we will be looking for new venue and move on"

Why at least one month?  Why new venue?

Curiouser and curioser....of course, I have to state that his latest physical attack on an elderly diner at Patrick's Steak House has absolutely no connection to this latest development with the self-proclaimed celebrity chef.

Edited by mgthom75

I guess he will change the name at the new place to dis-comfort by harlan :P

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, petemoss said:

2.40. Doubt that he will be doing business in Pattaya again. Lost the plot bigtime.

"No word on charges"  ?

Just now, Edge said:

"No word on charges"  ?

The BiB do like a good investigation. Need time to prepare picture boards, re-enactments and lots of pointing. Can take weeks.

He’s prob been given time to get the brown envelopes ready for the charges abt to be bought....brought I mean!!:P

Seriously needs arresting and deporting....he’s def been top of the asshole list in Patts for while now...surprised he’s lasted this long.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

There's an audio clip surfacing on FB - not sure hw to attach but worth listening to - the guy seems seriously unhinged and is as narcissistic as ever - he boasts of beating up five people on his own last Thursday

Edited by mgthom75

His behaviour is severely unacceptable. He has lost face in one of the worst possible ways. Even if he does reopen I will never set foot in his establishment and contribute to his gain. 

He needs to spend a few weeks in Bang Kwang Prison and eat some humble pie if you ask me. 

18 minutes ago, mgthom75 said:

There's an audio clip surfacing on FB - not sure hw to attach but worth listening to - the guy seems seriously unhinged and is as narcissistic as ever - he boasts of beating up five people on his own last Thursday

If you can get it as an MP3 file it will load here.

One story is that the party (Belgians?) cancelled a HBD booking at Harlan's and went to Patrick's (Belgian?) instead.

22 minutes ago, Edge said:

If you can get it as an MP3 file it will load here.

One story is that the party (Belgians?) cancelled a HBD booking at Harlan's and went to Patrick's (Belgian?) instead.

yes, I also read one of those Belgians was his landlord - which probably explains the 'new venue' comment

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mgthom75 said:

yes, I also read one of those Belgians was his landlord - which probably explains the 'new venue' comment

Just heard the clips but can't think hopw to get them here unless you can record on another device as MP3.

What a knob!

35 minutes ago, Edge said:

Just heard the clips but can't think hopw to get them here unless you can record on another device as MP3.

What a knob!

unfortunately I can't find the source now - where did you find the clip?

from another restauranteur in town, he is apparently had his lease terminated. In any event, just his antics over the years, intimidating Megan from Fab 103, etc. I wouldn't patronize the guy's business if the food was free.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

• 2 years later...

For those interested, I understand he’s opened a new place somewhere near Harborland & Index.

Personally, I can do without the possibility of verbal abuse or physical assault so I’ll be giving it a miss.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

According to his interview with ND, he's now super calm and relaxed, and it was all the fault of a testosterone clinic. :Crazy1:

If you can bear to watch the whole interview, you'll get to see the giant ego.

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've eaten at Comforts at Harlan twice a few years ago and I have to say the food was ok. Maybe a bit overpriced but no complaints about the quality.

First time we went there Harlan came by and he was relaxed and friendly as a good host should be. Second time there not so much and that is a very mild description of his behaviour. To avoid getting into trouble with Thai defamation laws I won't get into details but lets say he won't be getting a Christmas card from us. 

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

11 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

I've eaten at Comforts at Harlan twice a few years ago and I have to say the food was ok. Maybe a bit overpriced but no complaints about the quality.

First time we went there Harlan came by and he was relaxed and friendly as a good host should be. Second time there not so much and that is a very mild description of his behaviour. To avoid getting into trouble with Thai defamation laws I won't get into details but lets say he won't be getting a Christmas card from us. 

Don't worry about defamation laws, he's more likely to punch you, than sue you.

Edited by Farangkie
  • Haha 3

In the ND interview he said " I apologize to anyone I pissed off in the past"

What he should have said was " I apologize to anyone I've beaten up in the past'

That would be a bit more accurate.

Edited by Farangkie

7 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

In the ND interview he said " I apologize to anyone I pissed off in the past"

What he should have said was " I apologize to anyone I've beaten up in the past'

That would be a bit more accurate..

If you look at at the Venn diagram on that one, I think "anyone I pissed off" would encompass the beaten.

The pissed off wouldn't be limited to the beaten, though (I mean, surely he didn't beat up everyone that didn't like him 55)

Edited by simon6666
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, simon6666 said:

If you look at at the Venn diagram on that one, I think "anyone I pissed off" would encompass the beaten.

The pissed off wouldn't be limited to the beaten, though (I mean, surely he didn't beat up everyone he met that didn't like him 55)

Bizarre concept this, having a discussion on here about.....Just how many of the people that a Pattaya restaurant owner that didn't like him, did he beat up?

Reminds me of a story line in the Soprano's.555

Edited by Farangkie

15 hours ago, Farangkie said:

If you can bear to watch the whole interview, you'll get to see the giant ego.

Who Nick Deans?

2 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Who Nick Deans?

I see your point, maybe I should have written ego, in plural.555

• 3 months later...
On 08/11/2022 at 19:55, davidge said:

For those interested, I understand he’s opened a new place somewhere near Harborland & Index.

Personally, I can do without the possibility of verbal abuse or physical assault so I’ll be giving it a miss.

Excellent chef, but I am done with any place he is associated with.