Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Electric 5/7 baht - Centara Avenue Residence

Jackie2013

5 hours ago, starfucks said:

The water pumps will have to keep pressure on the water, regardless of actual consumption.

At our complex the water tanks are on top of the roof.

6 hours ago, starfucks said:

On my latest PEA (Pattaya Electricity Authority) bill I paid 4.16 baht per unit, VAT included.

I paid a little less than 4 last month, 226 units for a total cost of 867.15.  Up until this year I thought the "P" in PEA  meant Pattaya until I saw it in Korat.  I took a closer look at my bill and its Provincial.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 02:32, starfucks said:

On my latest PEA (Pattaya Electricity Authority) bill I paid 4.16 baht per unit, VAT included.

Sorry, not Pattaya Electricity Authority, but Provincial Electricity Authority.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:44, usexpat46 said:

I paid a little less than 4 last month, 226 units for a total cost of 867.15.  Up until this year I thought the "P" in PEA  meant Pattaya until I saw it in Korat.  I took a closer look at my bill and its Provincial.

That’s possible as there’s a small exemption, which makes the tariff slightly progressive.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I bedroom unit, 2 aircon units, old, and probably not efficient.

spent 6 months there. From memory it was circa 4baht a unit of electricity.

I used aircon from about 6pm in the living room for a couple of hours, f4om when I had to shut the balcony doors due to mosses until i went out, then swapped to the bedroom unit when i returned about midnight through to about 9am when I got up. Both were set to about 27°

My bill was anything from 900 to 1200b a month.

• 1 month later...

Was charged 7baht per unit in Centara.  Avg electric bill for studio was around 3500 baht.  In previous years when I stayed at Avenue residence or City garden paid 1/2 of what I paid in Centara this year.

I stayed at a "1 bedroom" 29 sqm condo at the Base. At 7B per unit, I paid about 2000 baht for electricity for the month. I left the AC on at night. During the day, I was usually out (with AC off) or I left the AC off half the time when I was there.

Abit offtopic but how big are the water/electric units m3 and kw/h?

The nerd in me needs to know

/Mike

for those who have their own condo it will pay to change light bulbs to LED. same brightness but lower power consumption. i changed mine in mid feb and since then the  units i've used /month is down on average by 38. not a huge amount but it's every month

On 26.5.2018 at 02:02, starfucks said:

The thing is that many landlords in Thailand offer contracts with low monthly rents but then charge 7 or more baht for electricity per kwh (so they earn from electricity). Hence your rent will be much higher, the landlord makes 2000 baht extra from electricity if you run the aircon a lot. Hence you need to check the contract and also check the meter because some also like to cheat when billing the electricity.

2 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Isn't it illegal to charge extra on electric now?

I dont know but its done everywhere especially when short time lease, not only on tourist places but also in appartments or dormitories for Thai all over the country

Which popular condos (in the tourist areas) charge less than 7 baht electricity?

4 hours ago, hioctane said:

Which popular condos (in the tourist areas) charge less than 7 baht electricity?

Pretty sure that I’ve charged less than that in VT2, VT5 & Jomtien Complex.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Pretty sure that I’ve charged less than that in VT2, VT5 & Jomtien Complex.
Aren't those all the way out in Jomtien?

I always stay in Jomtien. You said ‘tourist areas’ which it is :D Hardly ‘way out’ either.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 5 months later...
On 18/05/2018 at 22:13, Soi7 said:

The landlords I know and have spoken with have a simple way around this. They are raising the rental prices

So if you have 1 condo you are renting out it does not apply to you ? Is that correct ?

On 17/07/2018 at 11:12, cyfruil said:

Abit offtopic but how big are the water/electric units m3 and kw/h?  The nerd in me needs to know

1 water Unit = 1 m3  (cubic meter, 1'000 litres)

1 electric Unit = 1 kWh  (1 kW during 1 hour)

Easy :wink:

On 17/07/2018 at 12:19, Ohyesuare said:

Isn't it illegal to charge extra on electric now?

Sadly apparently only illegal for renters with at least 5 apartments to rent...

On 17/07/2018 at 12:27, hioctane said:

Nearly all apartments in Center Condo, Pattaya City Garden and many condo units in Soi 15.

7 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Nearly all apartments in Center Condo, Pattaya City Garden and many condo units in Soi 15.

I rented City Garden off AirBNB and was changed 7 baht for electricity.

• 2 months later...
On 20/12/2018 at 00:19, Oukiva said:

ok i know this thread is old i just revisited 

On 20/12/2018 at 08:30, hioctane said:

I rented City Garden off AirBNB and was changed 7 baht for electricity.

yes you most probably rented from a agency or from the juristic office

Or the owner told you the price .and just showed you the meter reading i guess.on arrival and departure.

On 17/07/2018 at 15:27, hioctane said:

it is not hard to follow you can get charged whatever the owner or agency sets up to 10 baht is not  uncommon.you can read the tread again if necessary.

If your not an owner as in center condo does they rent out for owners and price accordingly.

But if you rent direct from the owner the whole monthly bill should  be yours to to pay at 7/11 this will be government rate.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

1 hour ago, imitebee said:

I rent from the juristic office in avenue residence and pay government rates.

Yes unlike renting in your home or my home country the bill stays in the owner name for long term rentals.

Your just  paying  the bill for him. 

The avenue don't work as a sales office like center condo with daily/weekly and monthly rates short term .

1 hour ago, bangna said:

I rented from an owner in Center Condos, he charged me 4 bt per unit and he paid the bill to PEA.

Yes he  is saving you a trip to 7/11 or bank  and 15 baht fee to pay a bill with cash. He may even have direct debit account 

Above i meant to say city garden  for bill through the sales office.

centara residence charge 5 baht as no chanotes so no official bill yet and just read the meters themselves that have only been recently installed until then it was free.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

it is not hard to follow you can get charged whatever the owner or agency sets up to 10 baht is not  uncommon.you can read the tread again if necessary.
If your not an owner as in center condo does they rent out for owners and price accordingly.
But if you rent direct from the owner the whole monthly bill should  be yours to to pay at 7/11 this will be government rate.

I probably should have mentioned I am only on a short term (1 month) stay. You are pretty much at the mercy of the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, talung66 said:

Yes he  is saving you a trip to 7/11 or bank  and 15 baht fee to pay a bill with cash. He may even have direct debit account 

Another option without having to pay the 15 baht fee is going to one of the PEA payment offices, I've used the ones located at the Royal Garden and Big C Extra complexes.

Archived