IGNORED

Electric 5/7 baht - Centara Avenue Residence

Jackie2013

Hi, 

During my last condo-stay the electric bill was included in the price. Now I'm looking for a 8 month rental and my aim is currently at the Centara Avenue Residence. 

The agent says it's 5-7 baht per unit. I'm unable to make up how much a normal month stay would be in electric bill? Are we talking thousands of baht? 

Studio 35sqm. 

I understand the price is higher than "state price" but not an anomaly for the condo-building. 

All help would be greatful, thanks. 

Depends on each individual.  I rented a small studio apartment when I first lived here and paid about 1K a month in electric. Another person who I knew paid 7K the first month that he moved into the same complex.  He was from San Francisco and I had lived in Sacramento.

I thought there was a new law starting May 1st that any business that rents 5 or more units must charge government utility rates.

6 hours ago, Jackie2013 said:

Hi, 

During my last condo-stay the electric bill was included in the price. Now I'm looking for a 8 month rental and my aim is currently at the Centara Avenue Residence. 

The agent says it's 5-7 baht per unit. I'm unable to make up how much a normal month stay would be in electric bill? Are we talking thousands of baht? 

Studio 35sqm. 

I understand the price is higher than "state price" but not an anomaly for the condo-building. 

All help would be greatful, thanks. 

The electric price was free due  the meters not bieng installed  yet, Building C is still free.for now the price is 5 baht a unit until the owners get there chanote or if the owner has it it should be government rate.

Minimal usage fan & fridges basic electric products your bill can be under 500 Baht  quiet easily,Once you use the aircon  you can get into the 2 to 3 thousands quiet easily if you use it alot. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

19 hours ago, talung66 said:

The electric price was free due  the meters not bieng installed  yet, Building C is still free.for now the price is 5 baht a unit until the owners get there chanote or if the owner has it it should be government rate.

Minimal usage fan & fridges basic electric products your bill can be under 500 Baht  quiet easily,Once you use the aircon  you can get into the 2 to 3 thousands quiet easily if you use it alot. 

Thanks! Gives me an idea :)

I guess water and electric bill would equal up to a couple of thousands then, or atleast I should budget for it. 

2k as budget you will be well inside with spare as long as you don’t run the Aircon constantly all day.

16 minutes ago, Jackie2013 said:

I guess water and electric bill would equal up to a couple of thousands then, or atleast I should budget for it. 

Water is 35 per unit.at Centara and normal use is 4 to 5 units unless you have a washing machine.yes to a couple of thousand with A/C going. 

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 05:54, talung66 said:

Water is 35 per unit.at Centara and normal use is 4 to 5 units unless you have a washing machine.yes to a couple of thousand with A/C going. 

In my village on the Dark Side I pay 12 baht for a cubic metre (1,000 litres) of water.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:42, pasta man said:

I thought there was a new law starting May 1st that any business that rents 5 or more units must charge government utility rates.

Landlords kick up fuss over new regulations.

On 5/14/2018 at 08:42, pasta man said:

6 minutes ago, starfucks said:

The landlords I know and have spoken with have a simple way around this. They are raising the rental prices

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, starfucks said:

In my village on the Dark Side I pay 12 baht for a cubic metre (1,000 litres) of water.

yes condos pay more as discussed in other treads to cover. communal water in pools gardens ect.

3 hours ago, talung66 said:

yes condos pay more as discussed in other treads to cover. communal water in pools gardens ect.

At my condo the communal water has a separate meter so its a cost that's included in the CAM fees.  Owners are charged more for water I was told because common area electric is used to pump the water up into the storage tanks.

On 5/19/2018 at 08:32, usexpat46 said:

At my condo the communal water has a separate meter so its a cost that's included in the CAM fees.  Owners are charged more for water I was told because common area electric is used to pump the water up into the storage tanks.

The electric used for the pumps should also be in the CAM fees as it is the same as the general electric used in the building.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

One reason that some condos don't install Govt meters is the fact that they have to lodge quite a lot of money as a bank guarantee to obtain them. A large condo, say around 500 units this will amount to around 1.2 million Baht. This is dead money. So they buy ordinary meters, install them and charge extra. 

54 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

The electric used for the pumps should also be in the CAM fees as it is the same as the general electric used in the building.

JDM

True, but if we were both living in the same complex and I was using 15 units of water per month and you were only using 5 units a month you would be subsidizing my useage.

On 14/05/2018 at 23:35, Jackie2013 said:

As usual on these threads :rolleyes: I’m going to be out of sync with most replies. In recent years I’ve been staying in condos when I visit, usually for a month and usually in July.

The rate I’ve been charged in different condos has varied from 4.5 to 5.5 per unit for electricity. Water is only a couple of hundred so largely irrelevant.

If I’m in the condo then I have the aircon on, including overnight. I switch it off when I go out. 

I now budget for 3500-4000 per stay to make sure I’ve allowed enough. My bill for the month has always been around 3000 - give or take a couple of hundred baht.

It will also depend on the size of the condo and how efficient the aircon is. Last trip I stayed in a 64 sq m condo with an old unit that wasn’t working properly and the bill was over 4000.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 5/23/2018 at 13:25, usexpat46 said:

True, but if we were both living in the same complex and I was using 15 units of water per month and you were only using 5 units a month you would be subsidizing my useage.

Interesting point.

And it raises the question ( Are owners who only visit and stay 1 or 2 months a year subsidising  the owners who live there all year with regards to general electric usage that is payed by all in the CAM fees).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

15 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Interesting point.

And it raises the question ( Are owners who only visit and stay 1 or 2 months a year subsidising  the owners who live there all year with regards to general electric usage that is payed by all in the CAM fees).

JDM

Yes along with swimming pool maintenance, the sauna, fitness room, security, trash pickup, common area cleaning and etc.  Also if you have a larger unit you pay more than an owner of a smaller unit.

16 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Also if you have a larger unit you pay more than an owner of a smaller unit.

Not in all buildings.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 05:21, talung66 said:

Apart from my private water consumption, I also pay communal costs, but that’s a different kettle of fish.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 05:21, talung66 said:

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:32, usexpat46 said:

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:28, JAI DEE MAK said:

JDM

Sounds like cashing twice.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:48, tolstitree said:

One reason that some condos don't install Govt meters is the fact that they have to lodge quite a lot of money as a bank guarantee to obtain them. A large condo, say around 500 units this will amount to around 1.2 million Baht. This is dead money. So they buy ordinary meters, install them and charge extra. 

The (official) meters are to be paid (once) by the condo owners, not by the administration of the condominium.

On my latest PEA (Pattaya Electricity Authority) bill I paid 4.16 baht per unit, VAT included.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:25, usexpat46 said:

The water pumps will have to keep pressure on the water, regardless of actual consumption.

That will happen when everybody on a bike has a Helmut and taxi drivers use a meter every trip

Hundreds of other laws that are ignored.
Besides how is the tenant Going to know how many condos the landlord has?

Archived