Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai International out of Manchester non stop

carlos.raff

4 hours ago, Straw said:

TUI are running a Dreamliner 789 service Manchester to UTP non stop for the upcoming winter period

Even if it was free, i won't be on that plane. It would be like 14 hours on an easyjet plane.

6 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Even if it was free, i won't be on that plane. It would be like 14 hours on an easyjet plane.

No they are not sardine cans like old charter flights. I flew to Jamaica year before last on same aircraft 35" seat pitch. It was still under the Thomson brand at the time but rebranded TUI now

41 minutes ago, Straw said:

No they are not sardine cans like old charter flights. I flew to Jamaica year before last on same aircraft 35" seat pitch. It was still under the Thomson brand at the time but rebranded TUI now

Unless they are going to be better than the mid east carriers, i see no point in ever trying them. I'm not risking a 2x14 hour journey for the sake of saving £100 at most. 

If ever there was going to be a plane full of kids, it will be this one. 

2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Unless they are going to be better than the mid east carriers, i see no point in ever trying them. I'm not risking a 2x14 hour journey for the sake of saving £100 at most. 

If ever there was going to be a plane full of kids, it will be this one. 

I thought you'd said before you were located in the South or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

Thomson have been flying Dreamliner into Phuket direct from Manchester for quite a while too.

3 minutes ago, Ludhamlad said:

I thought you'd said before you were located in the South or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

Thomson have been flying Dreamliner into Phuket direct from Manchester for quite a while too.

Nope, live in manchester. 

I usually fly with qatar who use the dreamliner too (for the flight times i use). I really dislike the 787 seats, so much so, that i've booked emirates who use an a380. 

I'm not fussy about too many things but long haul flights test me mentally lol.

15 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I believe Economy is 3-3-3 on their Dreamliners, whereas the upgraded-seats are 2-3-2, FWIW.

7 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

I believe Economy is 3-3-3 on their Dreamliners, whereas the upgraded-seats are 2-3-2, FWIW.

Premium looks good, but i bet they are not in the £400-ish range. 

The problem with these seats is that they don't recline very much, but the seat slides forward, which is supposed to offset the lack of recline. It just doesn't work for me and my sensitive back lol. Thats in economy of course. 

Everything else on the 787 is great (only been on qatar) but that small point is a killer for me, annoyingly!

On 31/07/2018 at 07:25, Straw said:

TUI are running a Dreamliner 789 service Manchester to UTP non stop for the upcoming winter period

Hi, where is this from?

It is not showing on the TUI site, and there has been nothing on the MAG site or routesonline about it.

As said before TUI/Thomson have flown the MAN-HKT route seasonally before but not MAN-UTP.  I might give it a try if the fare is reasonable.

23 hours ago, Drewbrogan said:

Hi, where is this from?

It is not showing on the TUI site, and there has been nothing on the MAG site or routesonline about it.

As said before TUI/Thomson have flown the MAN-HKT route seasonally before but not MAN-UTP.  I might give it a try if the fare is reasonable.

Understand these TUI Dreamliner flights are for their Cruise customers.

On 02/08/2018 at 23:19, brownmanc said:

Understand these TUI Dreamliner flights are for their Cruise customers.

Ahh...... that's a good point.  They were £1149 on MAN-HKT over Christmas so you are not going to save any money using them anyway.  I think I will stick with the ME 3 and Finnair until we get a direct (if ever).

Archived