Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai International out of Manchester non stop

carlos.raff

Source is impeccable

"Rumour circulating Manchester Airport for the last week is at long last Thai will commence a direct service to Bangkok 4 x weekly using A359 metal.

Expect an announcement shortly for a starting date of 1st Dec 18"

Am guessing this will make a lot of northerners happy !.

Good news if true for my two x 1 month winter Pattaya visits. 

More options Oman started using Manchester for the first time this time last year, used them twice this winter and their price is consistently cheaper for economy than the other mid east big 3.  Heard only good things about Thai.

5 hours ago, Roving Rover said:

Good news if true for my two x 1 month winter Pattaya visits. 

More options Oman started using Manchester for the first time this time last year, used them twice this winter and their price is consistently cheaper for economy than the other mid east big 3.  Heard only good things about Thai.

In addition Oman have brand new terminal open 2 weeks ago as well no more bussing to the aircraft

If true hopefully it will act as competition to the Arab airlines and drive their prices down. But I have to say I prefer the short stop over you have with the Arab airlines, you at least get to stretch your legs. I have flown with KLM and Air China via Amsterdam before on a 10 hour flight and it was torture

Cathay recently started (not non-stop). Seem to be £100 more than mid-east carriers. Pointless entering a new route without competitive prices, i would have thought.

Excellent. Although I'm nowhere near Manchester so won't benefit from this, I strongly believe more airlines should use more regional airports and reduce the focus on LHR, Well done, Thai Airways!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

No info on either Manchester airport or Thai Airways web sites 

And if they do plan this route for Dec start then they should probably announce it sooner rather than later as it’s only eight months away and people do like to plan ahead 

I would certainly be interested if the price was competitive 

What would it be about a 13 hour flight I think 

I do enjoy my stops at Dubai airport though ....Hmmm decisions will have to be made LoL 

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

14 hours ago, templeman said:

And if they do plan this route for Dec start then they should probably announce it sooner rather than later as it’s only eight months away and people do like to plan ahead 

You'll get your confirmation shortly

http://www.anna.aero/2017/01/24/europe-thailand-trends/

seems like it would be a reasonably good route to have according to these figures

at the moment there is about 7 or 8 flights a day heading out to the Middle East Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Dubai  front Manchester 

26F67458-0647-48CB-B67A-0B59CB4B8C08.jpeg

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

Seems to me that the most fun way (and possibly cheapest?) for northerners to get to Pattaya is with Lufthansa.  Get a morning flight from your regional UK airport to arrive at Frankfurt about lunchtime, then spend the day in one of the FKKs with dozens of naked women, and then get on the 2200 overnight plane from Frankfurt to BKK.  About €65 to get into the FKK which gets you free food sauna etc, ladies €50 for 30 mins ST.

Have a read about FKK Sharks, boys, it's widely thought to be one of the best, and it's near Frankfurt airport.  You can thank me later.  Lots of stuff about it on the internet, start with 

http://guysnightlife.com/sex-prostitutes-fkk-club-sharks-darmstadt/ or 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/318520-4-days-in-frankfurt/

I'm looking at prices on Lufthansa which are cheaper than Emirates, Qatar or Thai Airways to LHR.

On 4/4/2018 at 01:10, templeman said:

I would certainly be interested if the price was competitive 

What would it be about a 13 hour flight I think 

I do enjoy my stops at Dubai airport though ....Hmmm decisions will have to be made LoL 

MAN-SIN direct (SIA) is 13 hours, so I would expect MAN-BKK to be around 11.

Wheels up in 16.5 hours, Manchester (well Warrington) here we come :)

8 hours ago, SirL said:

I'm looking at prices on Lufthansa which are cheaper than Emirates, Qatar or Thai Airways to LHR.

Economy seating and service is poor to say the least though. I lived in frankfurt for 9 years and used them 4 times to Bangkok and whilst obviously non stop not a pleasant experience

I have flown MAN-BKK 4 times in the last 18 months. Emirates 2 Etihaad 1 KLM 1. I think Emirates are best all round. Dubaii changeover can be tiring due to long walks.

1 hour ago, Gright said:

I have flown MAN-BKK 4 times in the last 18 months. Emirates 2 Etihaad 1 KLM 1. I think Emirates are best all round. Dubaii changeover can be tiring due to long walks.

well thai may suit you then as obviously non stop

9 hours ago, carlos.raff said:

Economy seating and service is poor to say the least though. I lived in frankfurt for 9 years and used them 4 times to Bangkok and whilst obviously non stop not a pleasant experience

Economy seating and service is poor across the whole airline industry isn't it?  I've always thought of Lufthansa as one of the better airlines - I pay extra in economy to choose one of the lots of legroom seats in the emergency exit row, and I think the seat isn't too bad.  It has USB power in the seat to keep my electronic devices going, which on a long leg like FRA-BKK I find useful.

I'm starting to think about booking my next trip, and from Nice (my starting airport) to BKK return is about €640 by Lufthansa and over €800 by Emirates or Qatar.  Thai Airlines LHR-BKK is over £800, so surely to Manchester will be about that, making Lufthansa the cheapest option.

11 minutes ago, SirL said:

Economy seating and service is poor across the whole airline industry isn't it?  I've always thought of Lufthansa as one of the better airlines - I pay extra in economy to choose one of the lots of legroom seats in the emergency exit row, and I think the seat isn't too bad.  It has USB power in the seat to keep my electronic devices going, which on a long leg like FRA-BKK I find useful.

I'm starting to think about booking my next trip, and from Nice (my starting airport) to BKK return is about €640 by Lufthansa and over €800 by Emirates or Qatar.  Thai Airlines LHR-BKK is over £800, so surely to Manchester will be about that, making Lufthansa the cheapest option.

£800 ??  I just put random date roughly month in advance  from now on Thai and was £495. Will add the link but they do update so may not sure anything but dates were 7th may till 23rd may for example

https://www.traveltrolley.co.uk/pflightresults_v1.aspx?popyq=U2FsdGVkX18JhqTSP4BQ9B4QikzXzOJMXdW0IKfIX7Z8kr2QqpTMqCIYQ7k4S47SjuwTqtFairGAVU5/qU7koUO1Rvd/DZZqgtB58gDNbnLoYd6Jih8T/ZlzBQrQ25s22EpUVjFqe1aZ+DDBq6iDBZxZyMEvsgXHQ6t8qjE7PDSF19unolmb+XY2ldbvCFSmn2c7dtd+gdoxmWSfG9CTbd/89FeT+IKAoM2VsKmZMkfx8O3GK5ujL/u3tvmu1t42HylT3nFdU5xR26t1dyMRFteOKZexKWW9poQW5H3RwM6RQAX2X1nJHTU7H6x/YUY2&popyi=TOZxSCoP

1 hour ago, carlos.raff said:

I'm talking peak season, next January.

11 hours ago, SirL said:

I'm talking peak season, next January.

£634 again first date I entered and thats expensive......shouldnt be paying more than £550 on Thai (or Eva) bar 10th December onwards for 3 -4 weeks

Edited just put another couple random dates outbound january and same fare being returned

https://www.traveltrolley.co.uk/pflightresults_v1.aspx?popyq=U2FsdGVkX1/sd+8LMjWG/67UI3on55wK9X0mmTyUOqK49F8tjF0Vb5sZ5ArP8w2sqK1rAEWY9F/GjZ99ae87mO66/HotvmmPMTtTov3TuH4iVBAcnHFMsR5rwrQYEQHYHYYooXrZtpASYX4aN5SAQ2Ex0zcIjqm1emL4By2Mq1RcPdNEHuylRu21YZwtLb4H96BTrKDnIebj7P5Zl4euc53X5ZverrgjQIO2ipHhVnNCPLOcpPlbd5qTwD4le1khvNwoalgaNPpp264Q/GiJVg8JNjcPrHkWEajznnmSh65Vsem0yjYzCwyUHlCLJXEl&popyi=MWssrrMt

5 hours ago, carlos.raff said:

£634 is more than the Lufthansa price.

10 December is off-peak. Who travels a fortnight before Christmas?  For the peak you need to be looking at 23 Dec onwards.

To make a good comparison on a like for like basis right around peak, we need to be comparing exact dates, and that's all too difficult.  My point is just that going from a regional airport via Frankfurt allows you to fit in the FKK.  Let's not fuss about precise numbers.

• 2 months later...

Source maybe not "impeccable"    From a banned troll!!:NoNo3:   Maybe a late April fool

I think we can now safely say the opening post is a complete crock of shite.

I flew with BA last time and they include the flight from Manchester to LHR, left at 12.10 for the Heathrow flight about 16.00 and would look to go with them again.  Paid about £580 and around the same price now.

On 05/04/2018 at 08:58, Gright said:

Think of the walk in a positive way at least to helps pass the time you have to spend in transit.

Nowadays I fly emirates and I am usually have to spend 2 hours 50 minutes in transit in Dubai.

So when I get off my Manchester to Dubai flight I like to take a walk and find a bar for a beer or two before

going to the gate for my Dubai to BKK flight.

Archived