Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chiang Mai - First Time - Advice Please

puthsardarade

This is a great thread, should be stickied. 

I'm considering 2 - 4 days in CM, what do you think for a 1st time visitor, 2 days 4 days?
If I stay for 4 I also wanna see the White Temple in Chiang Rai, is that possible as a day trip? or should I stay overnight? otherwise i'll base myself out of CM. 

I'm considering 2 - 4 days in CM, what do you think for a 1st time visitor, 2 days 4 days?
If I stay for 4 I also wanna see the White Temple in Chiang Rai, is that possible as a day trip? or should I stay overnight? otherwise i'll base myself out of CM. 
3 day trek with elephants

Just now, birdhaus said:

In 2 full days you can do most of the main sights around CM, temples, elephats, long neck village, waterfalls etc. just hire a driver rather than pay rip off group tour prices. You can then spend time where you want. Aim for about 2K per day for a driver and car.

Obviously if you want to do a longer elephat trek or a day trip to CR then you need more time.

Plenty of bars on main bar street for pick ups although quality is variable and bars shut around 12-1pm so grab one well before closing.

hey thanks for taking the time to respond. it's appreciated. 

this being planned for the last week of june so it's the peak of low season.
even the hotel I wanted to book is taking a time-out for renno's because it's such a quiet time
I might go with Raming lodge, i heard it's GF. Close to the action

My plans include a visit to the sanctuary. I'm not up for a 3 day trek but it's nice idea for another time, or another life perhaps. 
Nightlife, from what i've read doesn't get going till 9 or 10pm, for mongering there's like 3 go-go's, a heap of massage areas, soapies and FL's that come out two nightclubs, Zoe's and Spicy, plus a bunch of other night clubs that seem more locally suited. Oh and a main beer bar complex on Loi Kroh that seems similar to how they function in Patts. 
Not going there for mongering 100%, the tourism is 1st, but the options seem rather limited if I wanna play.
i have a thing for girls from CM, always had the best experiences with them, superstitiously they're my tarot :)  

11 hours ago, birdhaus said:

see the White Temple in Chiang Rai, is that possible as a day trip? or should I stay overnight?

Too far. There are frequent buses between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, about 3-4 hours each way. If you spend a couple of days in Chiang Rai your hotel will book you a trip to the White Temple; I cycled from town to the temple, think it was about 30km, flat.

Just now, birdhaus said:

I might go with Raming Lodge, I heard it's GF. Close to the action

Stayed there several times, most recently last June. Bit dated but comfortable, big rooms, pool.

In Loi Kroh Road, five minutes walk to the moat and the wall round the old city. At the intersection, several bars with girls and massage parlours.

Going the other way, about 10-15 minutes walk to the night bazaar area and the Ping River. You pass many restaurants and MP's as well as a bar area, mini Walking Street with Muay Thai boxing.

Finest single sight is Doi Suthep temple, about 12 km north-west of town. hotel tour desk can book you a trip.

Not done the go-go's or nightclubs in CM but there are plenty of beer bars along the Loi Kroh road.

Just we aware that not all girls in the beer bars will go out, so check with the girl before you buy her too many drinks just in case!

Raming Lodge is in a good location, I was very happy with it.

On 04/01/2019 at 00:33, birdhaus said:

I wouldn’t make the White Temple the destination of a trip from Chiang Mai. If you are going to see something else near it, sure, make it a stop on the way, but don’t spend a full day just to go see this.

If you want to visit some interesting temples I would recommend Wat Umong built in 1297, or you can hike up the monk’s trail to see Wat Pha Lat (and if you feel like it, continue to Wat Doi Suthep).

• 2 months later...

Sorry to kill your buzz but the air quality here is awful.  People burning in the forests of the north and smoke fills the air. Before you come perhaps look into a getting face mask?  Also if you primary intention is to play with the girls CM is kind of boring.

Good food though.

" I pizza to go with no anchovies?  You've got the wrong man.  I spell my name DANGER! "

I live in Angeles City, and a friend and I usually do 2 trips a year to Chiang Mai for a sanity break!  We take our wives one trip, do a week to 10 days there doing the touristy crap and letting the girls shop.  They both love it and after three years we still find plenty to do and see without getting bored.  

Our trip without the girls we rent bikes and do a 5 to 7 day trip around the north.  If you ride you need to do the Mae Hong Son Loop at least once.  The roads are all good up north, the drivers drive somewhat civilized (at least compared to Phils), no problem finding decent places to stay and of course good food everywhere.   Plenty of bike rental places in Chiang Mai, but I recommend Pop Rental, near Tha Phae Gate.

With the girls we stay at Chedi Home, very nice and good location.    Good cheap place to stay when unaccompanied is Nice Mum Lodge, just off Loi Kroh.  It's pretty basic but nice clean rooms and very good beds.  Location is good for what nightlife there is in the area.  

Archived