Jump to content
Billyboy294

Windows 10 Problem

Recommended Posts

Billyboy294

I have a problem. About 6 months ago a shop in Tukcom reinstalled Windows 10 in my Desktop. If it is not the genuine version I want my 400 baht back.

It has been working fine apart from more recently every week or so I get a message on a light blue screen that Windows has encountered a problem and will have to fix and restart. Well after a few minutes it is 100% fixed but I have to restart.

Now for the last few days I am getting a message (sometimes faint) on the bottom right hand corner saying ”Activate Windows-go to settings to activate Windows.”  Normally I ignore this as Windows seems to be working OK. On one occasion I did go to Settings and tried to Activate Windows but got asked for the serial number.  I quickly closed.

Now still seems to be working ok but I still get the Activate Windows message very faint.

I have backed up my Pics, Videos, Documents etc,

What should I do?  Keep working away and hoping for the best or get Windows 10 reinstalled now for another 400 baht?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billyboy294
15 minutes ago, js89 said:

For 400 baht it is categorically NOT a genuine version of Windows 10. The real license is much more expensive

Sorry just my sense of humour making it clear it was not the genuine article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sherlockholmes1987

you should download win 10 activator (kind of crack) and follow instructions... you can find that on piratebay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ex-pat
Just now, sherlockholmes1987 said:

you should download win 10 activator (kind of crack) and follow instructions... you can find that on piratebay...

I was about to post the same thing. Although it could screw things up worse, you have nothing to lose at this point. Be sure to pick one that has a skull beside the magnet. If you have data you want to keep, copy it over to USB drive(s) first. 

This uploader "Thumper" is quite well known. you might try it - the comments are encouraging.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/12667686/KMSpico_10.1.8_FINAL___Portable_(Office_and_Windows_10_Activator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sherlockholmes1987

Well its best to do this kind a thing after you install win 10, so if it gets fucktup you can reinstall and to it again, but in 9 of 10 cases it will work... Go with this link, hope we helped...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JellyBob

I think wait for windows 11 and maybe have fix problem or try win7 like me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taylor1975

I have the same message because i tried to update to win 10 Pro using a dodgy free code. You can buy a code that works from amazon for about £10 - i did this on my work laptop as i need the bitlocker encryption that comes with Pro (not home).

windows 'stance' is that they allow you to upgrade to Win 10 Pro, even though you tried it with a dodgy code, but they then limit some feautures of Pro. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billyboy294

Thanks for replies. I checked a few sites and tried two recommended Product Keys but both rejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j_d66
12 hours ago, JellyBob said:

I think wait for windows 11 and maybe have fix problem or try win7 like me

Might have to wait along time for Windows 11 since there will never be one.

The windows creator update came out recently but you won't be able to update it without activating

I don't think it will quit working but without activation you won't get the updates which could become a problem at some point.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j_d66

If you could get a genuine version of windows 7 or 8 you should also be able to upgrade to windows 10 for free yet as that is still available but that might be a hassle to do as well.

Best guess is you don't have a genuine version of windows 10.  I would go back to Tukcom and talk to them about it since they sold you the version to begin with and see what they say.  

Probably can't be any worse than your current situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucky6pence

Never ever payed for Windows in years but I find it more and more difficult to get this kind of stuff now that keeps working . (payed once when I bought an expensive custom built pc online years ago which I still Have and wanted it all to be legit  ) Keep looking on Pirate bay because what's 400 Baht to lose :LMFO:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barhop
1 hour ago, j_d66 said:

If you could get a genuine version of windows 7 or 8 you should also be able to upgrade to windows 10 for free yet as that is still available but that might be a hassle to do as well.

Best guess is you don't have a genuine version of windows 10.  I would go back to Tukcom and talk to them about it since they sold you the version to begin with and see what they say.  

Probably can't be any worse than your current situation

Guess they might say "the GENUINE version cost much more...you no ask for!!!"  Good luck with it, but did you ask them if it was genuine first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j_d66

I guess what the real question is was there a genuine version of windows 10 on that computer before it was reinstalled.

If there was it looks like it can be reinstalled and activated without entering a product key.  

Somehow Microsoft knows this and it will activate

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

If it was genuine before than you should be able to get back to an activated version again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billyboy294
On 2/11/2018 at 14:09, j_d66 said:

I guess what the real question is was there a genuine version of windows 10 on that computer before it was reinstalled.

If there was it looks like it can be reinstalled and activated without entering a product key.  

Somehow Microsoft knows this and it will activate

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

If it was genuine before than you should be able to get back to an activated version again

 

Initially a very computer savvy friend installed Win 10 a year or two ago at no cost. Was never asked to Activate it.

But started have some problems about 5/6 months ago so decided to get it reinstalled in Tukcom. At a cost of 400 baht I knew it was not genuine. I tried a few things from internet etc but no good or warnings about a virus.

I went back to Tukcom and asked if they had a Product Key but guy said "no need; he could fix it in 2/3 minutes."

Another computer savvy friend said just ignore the Activation message and there should be no problems. I am waiting on another opinion from  UK..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
On 14/02/2018 at 11:06, Billyboy294 said:

Another computer savvy friend said just ignore the Activation message and there should be no problems. I am waiting on another opinion from  UK..

Activation gets you a few desktop personalisation options that are not available in unactivated versions, and some extra MS features that you probably wont use. Apart from that there's no real need to activate. Of course at some point they could stop unactivated installations from working at all, or make the warnings more invasive, or anything in between.

Any sort of patched or "fixed" version that doesnt show the activation watermark is to be avoided at all costs as the odds are extremely high that such modifications will contain malware of some type or another. You really dont want that.

If in doubt, do a clean reinstall of an official version (download the media directly from the MS website ONLY) and just buy a recycled Win10 key on Ebay for a few USD to activate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
On 10/02/2018 at 19:52, js89 said:

For 400 baht it is categorically NOT a genuine version of Windows 10.

Well, that depends on several things. Namely what original OS the PC had on it, and when the upgrade to Win10 was performed.

If the original OS was an official licensed version of Win8 and the upgrade was done before the end of 2017 then it is entirely possible that the upgrade was free and entirely legitimate and that the payment of 400B was just for the technician's time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Sly Fox

KMSpico is what you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp
On 10/02/2018 at 19:28, Billyboy294 said:

I have a problem. About 6 months ago a shop in Tukcom reinstalled Windows 10 in my Desktop. If it is not the genuine version I want my 400 baht back.

 

It has been working fine apart from more recently every week or so I get a message on a light blue screen that Windows has encountered a problem and will have to fix and restart. Well after a few minutes it is 100% fixed but I have to restart.

 

Now for the last few days I am getting a message (sometimes faint) on the bottom right hand corner saying ”Activate Windows-go to settings to activate Windows.”  Normally I ignore this as Windows seems to be working OK. On one occasion I did go to Settings and tried to Activate Windows but got asked for the serial number.  I quickly closed.

 

Now still seems to be working ok but I still get the Activate Windows message very faint.

 

I have backed up my Pics, Videos, Documents etc,

 

What should I do?  Keep working away and hoping for the best or get Windows 10 reinstalled now for another 400 baht?.

 

I just don't get it.  You get an expensive and important to you PC and then you load shit pirated software onto it, just to save a few baht.  Clean out the system and then download the pucker MS software. Forget the fixes some people are suggesting.  Its  trying to fix a shit problem with more shit fixes.  It's a no win game mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billyboy294
55 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Activation gets you a few desktop personalisation options that are not available in unactivated versions, and some extra MS features that you probably wont use. Apart from that there's no real need to activate. Of course at some point they could stop unactivated installations from working at all, or make the warnings more invasive, or anything in between.

Any sort of patched or "fixed" version that doesnt show the activation watermark is to be avoided at all costs as the odds are extremely high that such modifications will contain malware of some type or another. You really dont want that.

If in doubt, do a clean reinstall of an official version (download the media directly from the MS website ONLY) and just buy a recycled Win10 key on Ebay for a few USD to activate it.

I just got an email from my Nephew who works full time on computing and he also agreed with you and another friend  that best just to ignore it.

Edited by Billyboy294

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
js89
1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Well, that depends on several things. Namely what original OS the PC had on it, and when the upgrade to Win10 was performed.

If the original OS was an official licensed version of Win8 and the upgrade was done before the end of 2017 then it is entirely possible that the upgrade was free and entirely legitimate and that the payment of 400B was just for the technician's time.

 

On 10/02/2018 at 20:09, Billyboy294 said:

Sorry just my sense of humour making it clear it was not the genuine article.

 

He already made it clear in the third post that its not the genuine article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taylor1975

This is my W10 laptop. Had the message for months and no probs with anything.

Edit: thats my ebook folders in the background lol

 

IMG_0750.JPG

Edited by taylor1975

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
5 hours ago, js89 said:

He already made it clear in the third post that its not the genuine article.

You seem to have missed my point. It is entirely possible that it is genuine, depending on what OS he originally had and when the upgrade to Win10 was done. The price paid is neither here nor there because until just a few weeks ago it was still possible to upgrade to Win10 entirely officially and legitimately for free.

Though I agree that if it was done in Tukcom it's much more likely that some hacked version was installed, along with God only knows what other crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
js89
11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

You seem to have missed my point. It is entirely possible that it is genuine, depending on what OS he originally had and when the upgrade to Win10 was done. The price paid is neither here nor there because until just a few weeks ago it was still possible to upgrade to Win10 entirely officially and legitimately for free.

Though I agree that if it was done in Tukcom it's much more likely that some hacked version was installed, along with God only knows what other crap.

I didn't miss your point. I agree it's possible that it's genuine; it's just that he said already that it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
4 hours ago, js89 said:

I didn't miss your point. I agree it's possible that it's genuine; it's just that he said already that it isn't.

He can suspect that but I dont see how he could know it for sure from the information given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.