Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Suggestions for the perfect hotel for Maiden Trip please

adat_maniacs

Guys I need some recommendations for a hotel for my Maiden trip to Pattaya on 24th Feb please. Please excuse me if a similar request has been posted before. 

Following are my preferences,

1. Guestfriendly

2. Walking distance from most action

3. Sea facing, preferably a balcony overlooking the sea

4. Budget - 60 USD

Please dont get mad at me guys if you find my preferences (especially my budget)too unrealistic. I’m just trying to make my first trip a truly amazing one, while playing within my 300 US a day budget. Requesting genuine recommendations please.

Thanks in advance. 

The balcony overlooking the sea bit will probably be most problematic on that budget however.......

LK The Empress on Beach Road has some rooms with balconies with sea views which you might be able to secure for about US60 / THB 2000 a night, it's very central with easy access on foot to Walking St and LK Metro and by baht bus to and from Soi 6.

Fully guest friendly of course.

on that budget...sandy spring ,Sea me spring

Empress and Avani tick all boxes but will pay more

I would suggest running a search on Agoda for your proposed dates -- see the link above ("Agoda Users Please read) -- then come back to PA to see what kind of feedback you can get on the particular hotels that seem to "tick your boxes."  You can adjust your search by "Star Rating," "Guest Rating" and/or define your price range.

One way to reduce the room rate is to book a pre-paid room.  Problem there is that, if you have to cancel your trip, the money you paid is gone.  

Because my trips are always on an "assuming I am free to go then" basis, I don't do pre-paid rooms, but that may be a way to get a little better room for your baht.

Also Inn House on Soi 13 has some seaview rooms.....

I personally did not see the beach as being the huge draw, and chose rooms accordingly.

I was a big fan of the LK Renaissance the last time I stayed there, but that was a while ago. The suites we had were right by the pool, and ran about $65 a night.

VT6 would fit all of your criteria except one, it's condos and not a hotel. Plus the rooms, on the south side, are sea view rather than sea facing. Worth a look if breakfast isn't very important to you.

32 minutes ago, mestorm said:

I personally did not see the beach as being the huge draw, and chose rooms accordingly.

I was a big fan of the LK Renaissance the last time I stayed there, but that was a while ago. The suites we had were right by the pool, and ran about $65 a night.

I have Also stayed at lk residence many times. I was thinkinking about booking the hotel on my next trip. Nice hotel by the Way.

Is there somebody who knows about the construction on the left? About the noise

1 hour ago, PR1977 said:

The balcony overlooking the sea bit will probably be most problematic on that budget however.......

LK The Empress on Beach Road has some rooms with balconies with sea views which you might be able to secure for about US60 / THB 2000 a night, it's very central with easy access on foot to Walking St and LK Metro and by baht bus to and from Soi 6.

Fully guest friendly of course.

LK the empress looks more than the perfect hotel i’m looking for. And why not its coming to close to 150 $ for a night. Thanks a lot for the suggestion though. 

1 hour ago, hauhinbin said:

on that budget...sandy spring ,Sea me spring

Empress and Avani tick all boxes but will pay more

You are right Empress & Avani do tick all boxes and are way above my budget. 

However Sandy spring & Sea me Spring are both really good too. And they do tick the boxes. I liked Sea me Spring more. Are they both G friendly ?

7 minutes ago, adat_maniacs said:

LK the Empress looks more than the perfect hotel i’m looking for. And why not its coming to close to 150 $ for a night. Thanks a lot for the suggestion though. 

That's way overpriced for the Empress....last time I looked at it the best rooms were actually about half that price, albeit that was for June this year.

For that sort of money you could stay in The Hilton or The Wave - proper 5 Star hotels on Beach Road

3 minutes ago, adat_maniacs said:

You are right Empress & Avani do tick all boxes and are way above my budget. 

However Sandy Spring & Sea Me Spring are both really good too. And they do tick the boxes. I liked Sea Me Spring more. Are they both G friendly ?

yes mate  but u may have to pay a joiner for 2nd girl

whitehouse condotel next door is excellent but only a glimpse of the sea

3 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

That's way overpriced for the Empress....last time I looked at it the best rooms were actually about half that price, albeit that was for June this year.

For that sort of money you could stay in The Hilton or The Wave - proper 5 Star hotels on Beach Road

i agree can get much better prices than that at LK Empress

1 minute ago, hauhinbin said:

yes mate  but u may have to pay a joiner for 2nd girl

whitehouse condotel next door is excellent but only a glimpse of the sea

Oh is that a norm in most guest friendly hotels in Pattaya that they charge a joiner for more than 1 girl ? I was actually gonna get 2 girls back. 

2 minutes ago, adat_maniacs said:

Oh is that a norm in most guest friendly hotels in Pattaya that they charge a joiner for more than 1 girl ? I was actually gonna get 2 girls back. 

some

e mail the hotel

always book 2 guest occupancy

7 minutes ago, adat_maniacs said:

Yes even they have Sea View. Are they guest friendly ?

They are. To be honest virtually all the hotels in and around Central Pattaya are.

The ones that have joiner fees tend to be the larger chain resort style places most of which are in Naklua / Jomtien.

But as per above more than one girl tends to incur joiner fee

34 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

VT6 would fit all of your criteria except one, it's condos and not a hotel. Plus the rooms, on the south side, are sea view rather than sea facing. Worth a look if breakfast isn't very important to you.

Wow the Ocean View Suite is so nice. But 124$ :( 

the other room with a little view is also nice. I never eat breakfast when travelling as on most days i get up by lunch time. 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Just now, adat_maniacs said:

If at all I am charged a fee for the second girl, roughly what range would that be in ?

500 baht tends to be about standard

18 minutes ago, hauhinbin said:

some

e mail the hotel

always book 2 guest occupancy

Ya I always book for 2 guests. Infact in most cases especially in a no breakfast plan, the cost for single and double occupancies is the same. 

So i should just send an email to the hotel and ask them explicity, whether they charge any fees for bringing back more than one guests ?

Have a look at Flipper Lodge, right in the middle of the action on Soi 8, Beach Front rooms are very noisy due to the bars on Beach Rd. Rooms at the back are quiet, there is a roof top pool and bar. Nice breakfast and in your price range. 

4 hours ago, adat_maniacs said:

Ya I always book for 2 guests. Infact in most cases especially in a no breakfast plan, the cost for single and double occupancies is the same. 

So i should just send an email to the hotel and ask them explicity, whether they charge any fees for bringing back more than one guests ?

yes

Archived