IGNORED

Cathay Pacific

PR1977

Personally wouldn't fly with them again unless im absolutely fucking desperate. Im back with united/ANA for next trip in a few weeks. 
You will have to read my first entry or two in my 2nd TR to see why. 

So you won’t fly them again because of an asshole customer. That can happen on any airline! I would just move to a different seat without asking... even if it was in the back. You can always move back to your original seat on touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, hioctane said:

So you won’t fly them again because of an asshole customer. That can happen on any airline! I would just move to a different seat without asking... even if it was in the back. You can always move back to your original seat on touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh trust me, I considered that. The real reason is that the flight attendants didn't really handle it at all. Taking into consideration I obviously felt something more should of been done and wished certain things had happened, i decided to stand my ground, good or bad decision, it's done. But soured me none the less. 

2 hours ago, MF-AJ said:

Oh trust me, I considered that. The real reason is that the flight attendants didn't really handle it at all. Taking into consideration I obviously felt something more should of been done and wished certain things had happened, i decided to stand my ground, good or bad decision, it's done. But soured me none the less. 

Read the second post in your TR -- https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/328474-mf-tr2-spinners-stunners-runners-and-silicone/

Frankly, I'm surprised that the Cathay flight attendants even spoke to him about it.  Most airlines are very non-confrontational about "seat disputes."

As long as airlines cram people in, the "recline vs don't recline" argument will continue.  Personally, I'm in the "I have the ability to recline my seat for a reason" camp, although it can be a pain in the ass when the people in front of you are in your chest the whole time.

It sounds to me like the Cathay flight attendants tried to accommodate either of you, but neither of you was willing to move.  You said you would only move if it was forward, not back towards the rear of the plane; I assume he felt the same.  In any event, it also sounds like the problem stopped after they tried to get him to move.

I wouldn't write an airline off entirely over that.

Archived