Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

D Apartment - Review

PR1977

Good comprehensive report, thanks!

Just the one question, quite a while ago i read that one its sister hotels (D hotel) didnt allow guests around the pool,dont know how true this was.So can guests bring outside guests around the pool area, if you didnt yourself im sure you`ll have seen others(if allowed of course).

Edited by vimto66

I have been staying at d apartment last november. I stayed at the old building which was obviously a bit cheaper then the new building. And the old building didnt have a lift.

if you happen to stay at the old building just mAke sure you get a room NOT facing soi bakhouw as it can be a noisy.

they put me in a room a the other Side so didnt have any issue

other then that I can only agree with the op. Great hotel, good pool, friendly maids and great location.

will stay there next time again 

17 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Good comprehensive report,thanks!

Just the one question,quite a while ago i read that one its sister hotels (D Hotel) didnt allow guests around the pool,dont know how true this was.So can guests bring outside guests around the pool area,if you didnt yourself im sure you`ll have seen others(if allowed of course).

You can bring your guests to the pool in both D Apartment and D hotel.

There is a sign up in D hotel that says you have to be a guest of the hotel to use the pool, but that doesn't apply to your teerak if you've signed her in with ID at reception etc, I think it only applies to complete strangers just walking in off the street who fancy a swim.

Ok thanks for clearing that up!

19 hours ago, stunner said:

I have been staying at d apartment last november. I stayed at the old building which was obviously a bit cheaper then the new building. And the old building didnt have a lift.

if you happen to stay at the old building just mAke sure you get a room NOT facing soi bakhouw as it can be a noisy.

they put me in a room a the other Side so didnt have any issue

other then that I can only agree with the op. Great hotel, good pool, friendly maids and great location.

will stay there next time again 

Also, stayed in the older building last year for 1 month each time first time in March and second time in May for around 18.500 baht this also including electric & water.   Have to say really enjoyed both stays which was in room 306 and did overlook Soi Buakaow at the front, It was nice overlooking the front and watching the comings and goings up and down the plazer and also keeping an eye on the Lock&Load and Crew bars, Yes this is some noise especially when there is a party across the road but i had more problems with a dam barking dog across the road then anything else. Apart from that agree with all the comments above and would certainly stay there again not to worried above the luxury rooms in the new building.

• 8 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 16:51, PR1977 said:

I lodged here in the new building for 11 nights over Christmas and New Year; in the last 9 months I have stayed in both the sister D Express Apartments and D Hotel nearby and had very good experiences so wanted to complete the set and try here.  I haven’t seen any recent reviews or information about this accommodation so I thought it was time for an up to date review on a new thread. I only stayed in the new building so can’t really comment on what the older part of the accommodation is like.

Where is it?

The apartments are located on a narrow soi running between Soi Buakhao and Third Road right at the start of the Buakhao end; the soi runs parallel to and is near Pattaya Klang and is diagonally opposite New Plaza and the LK Mansion Hotel.  LK Royal Suites Hotel shares the other side of the soi with D Apartment.

Is it easy to get to?

Very. Baht buses running each way to both Walking Street and Beach Road are literally right on the doorstep. A five minute walk through New Plaza brings you to Second Road and the Baht Bus route to Dolphin Roundabout and Naklua. 5 more minutes down Soi 8 and you are on Beach Road. Taxi access via Pattaya Klang is easy.

What type of accommodation is it?

Essentially it’s a serviced apartment block over 7 floors with about 8 rooms of between 30-40 square metres on each. There is an older building next door under the same ownership which I believe is a little cheaper to stay in but may not be quite as modern, doesn’t have a lift and has a few rooms without a balcony.

Does it have decent facilities?

There’s a small rooftop pool – maybe 10 metres by 10 metres – with jacuzzi and sun loungers. In reception there are computers with internet, a microwave and tea, coffee and biscuits are provided which can be enjoyed in a small seating area which extends outside for smokers. There’s a restaurant offering simple food and cheap cold local beers in the neighbouring D Hotel, which is virtually joined to the back of D Apartment – you can walk right through. You may be able to use the slightly larger pool in D Hotel too. WIFI is strong and omnipresent throughout the building. There’s 24 hour reception and key drop. There is one lift serving all floors. Parking is available nearby too and there is an onsite laundry service.

And the rooms?

Spacious, clean and modern. Comfortable king sized bed with very ample wardrobe and storage space (aimed perhaps at longer staying guests) and electronic safe. Balcony with a sink and washing/drying facilities. Aircon is quiet and effective; there is also a fan. Flat screen TV about 40 inches with standard TV channels and a phone as usual. There was a couch in the room too. Large fridge with the standard two bottles of 500ml water provided daily. Bathroom is also big with walk in standard shower; water pressure is good. Simple toiletries are provided and towels are also changed daily. Maid service runs till a very generous 4pm each day; if you are still in bed with your LT after a hard night’s partying on Walking Street then the maid will leave fresh towels and two waters in a plastic bag attached to the handle of your door.

Is on site breakfast and food available?

Yes - but you have to go through to D Hotel which has very basic food options at around the 130 baht mark; the food can also be delivered to your room in D Apartment. If you are a breakfast fan The LK Royal Suite breakfast buffet round the corner can also be had for around 200 baht. Failing that reknowned brekkie places like Café Pitini, Jollys and Taste are all within 5 - 10 minutes’ walk.

What about the cost?

I paid 1,400 a night for a superior room at the front with balcony booking directly with hotel; there are various room types and price varies from about 800 – 1,600 depending on time of year and who you book with. Monthly bookings at a discount are also available. Direct hotel bookings require a 2,000 baht deposit using a credit card; the balance is paid on arrival.

Are the staff friendly and helpful?

Yes. They’re absolutely delightful. Room maids in particular are very attentive.

Is it clean and well maintained?

Yes, spotless throughout and everything working and modern.

Can you bring someone home with you for the night?

You certainly can, and it won’t cost you any extra. You can bring back two guests for free if you really want. ID cards are left at reception and collected on the way out. Reception will also call you if you don’t want to come down with your teerak(s).

Are there good amenities nearby?

There are excellent amenities nearby; 7/11 on the corner of the Soi, Family Mart on the next block if you prefer that, TT exchange round the corner, plenty of ATMs from all the various banks. Reliable motorcycle taxi men and women outside the 7/11 and Baht buses running both ways as per above. Lots of massage shops, bars, cheap restaurants and food stalls, food carts, ice coffee stands, soup wagons, laundries, sewing ladies, travel agents and gold shops right on your doorstep. New Plaza and Soi Buakhao night market a stone’s throw away. Tony’s Gym a 5 minute walk away as is the Pattaya Klang food market. Central Festival Mall and the beach less than 10 minutes away. Dentists, banks, Big C and more legitimate massage places can be found up and down Pattaya Klang itself.

What about entertainment?

5 minutes down to LK Metro on a baht bus, stay on for another 10 mins and you’re at Walking St. 5 -10 mins moto taxi to both Soi 6 and Soi Bongkot. 5 mins on foot to 7 & 8 and 5 more minutes to the Coconut Bar. If you’re getting a takeaway all the teeraks know how to get to it.

Do the ladies like it?

I never had any complaints. Certainly no issue with haunted rooms. Seems to be in an easily accessible part of Pattaya for the workers to get to and away from. Plenty of them seem to have rooms in the local environs too.

And the clientele?

Virtually entirely single western men.

Is there a website?

Yes, and it’s dapartment.com

Any downsides?

I suppose there’s a few. It’s a bit of a trek to Walking Street if that’s your preferred entertainment area and whilst located in the middle of Soi 6, Bongkot and LK Metro it’s not right on the doorstep of any of them; if you’re not comfortable taking baht buses or moto taxis or walking around this could be an issue.

Towels aren’t provided in the pool area; nor is there a bar so it’s bring your own towels and booze. The former probably presents more of a challenge than the latter.

Views from some of the rooms aren’t great – the ones at the back face D Hotel and the ones at the front have buildings nearby so this can lead to a bit of a claustrophobic feeling. Its also a bit noisy in the rooms at the front as the Soi is used as a short cut between Buakhao, Klang and 3rd Road.

Anything else?

If you're coy about it you can sneak guests in without reception seeing - there is access to the rear entrance of the property down the side of D Hotel which brings you to the lift which is out of sight of reception....

Overall

An excellent, good value choice in a pretty good location. Would stay here again.

Great review, im booked into D1 next march, (standard room) i have no idea where i will be placed, i assume the rooms with balconies will be louder for noise? my room has just a window. Hopefully its quiet at night 

49 minutes ago, JT1984 said:

Great review, im booked into D1 next march, (standard room) i have no idea where i will be placed, i assume the rooms with balconies will be louder for noise? my room has just a window. Hopefully its quiet at night 

I think you should be in one of the rooms overlooking Soi Buakhao but as you say as there’s no balvony noise shouldn’t effect you too badly. I think the windows have shutters too.

35 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

I think you should be in one of the rooms overlooking Soi Buakhao but as you say as there’s no balvony noise shouldn’t effect you too badly. I think the windows have shutters too.

According to the reviews, the rooms are queit in the old wing which is fine for me. Is a good location for everything? It looks it, but as its my first time there im trying to come to bear with it via google maps.

45 minutes ago, JT1984 said:

According to the reviews, the rooms are queit in the old wing which is fine for me. Is a good location for everything? It looks it, but as its my first time there im trying to come to bear with it via google maps.

It’s a great location for everything.

Baht buses to LK Metro on to Walking St and return on the Soi Buakhao route are right on your doorstep as are a plethora of bars shops and restaurants. 5 mins walk to 2nd Road and 10 mins to Beach Road. TT money exchange 2 mins round the corner on Soi Buakhao too. 

23 hours ago, PR1977 said:

It’s a great location for everything.

Baht buses to LK Metro on to Walking St and return on the Soi Buakhao route are right on your doorstep as are a plethora of bars shops and restaurants. 5 mins walk to 2nd Road and 10 mins to Beach Road. TT money exchange 2 mins round the corner on Soi Buakhao too. 

Did the hotel ask for the girls id and ring you before she left?

1 hour ago, JT1984 said:

Did the hotel ask for the girls id and ring you before she left?

Yes

On 9/24/2018 at 08:51, JT1984 said:

Great location with everything within walking distance or baht buses going both ways on Soi Bukhaow.  You've obviously read the excellent review by PR1977, and in it lots of reference to location.  As side note Walking St is easy as you hop on a baht bus going south all the way to WS and on the way back there's a queue of baht buses at 2nd Rd which you'll take north and get off at New Plaza, walk through New Plaza and you're back at D.  

• Like 2

On my newbie trip I stayed on D hotel, which is nice too.. and door to door with D Apartment

I really loved the location, just in the middle of everything and not that far from WS or Soi6

On 1/3/2018 at 22:21, PR1977 said:

I paid 1,400 a night for a superior room at the front with balcony

Hi is the balcony facing another building for superior room type? Do you know if D Apartment have any room types with balcony having some privacy?

Superior room without sofa. This room type is at the front of the building which isn’t overlooked by another hotel.

If you’re booking direct with them then you can specify that you want a room at the front of the building.

hey pr1977 is bed soft or hard or what?

Suomi-no country for white man

5 hours ago, bigmuu said:

hey pr1977 is bed soft or hard or what?

Probably on the harder side, but comfortable

• 3 weeks later...

Staying here now in Superior room for 3 weeks and 1 more to go. love it here on 5th floor good view have LK Royal suite to my left but not a problem at all, good size room and love the king size comfortable bed. This is my 4th stay here out of the last 5 trips and i have everything on the doorstep, Sometimes it floods outside the entrance on the Soi but when this occurs i just walk through sister hotel the D hotel and all is fine. The staff here are very good and friendly and i would recommend this hotel to everyone.  

On 03/01/2018 at 08:51, PR1977 said:

Appreciate the info. Question: Is there a desk for working, and strong Wifi?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beanzor said:

I never had any issues with WiFi; always worked at an acceptable speed whenever I needed it. You do have to log back in each time you come back to the hotel though. 

There is a desk with chair in the room that you can put a laptop on or use for writing 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at D Apartment 1 in September couldn’t fault it. Staff very helpful cleaning every day and  nice pool (albeit a bit small ). Would definitely stay again. In easy reach of entertainmrnt 5 mins baht bus Soi metro (preferred area) but if you want Walking Street just stay on the bus another 5mins or so Also close to Soi 7-8 

Hello guys as in my post above i Stayed here the whole month of October 30 nights and it's one of the best hotels i have stayed in very much faultless and good. But sadly due to there pricing may not stay here again, If you go the there website the only month without any price is October so is this month to them low season or high season it don't say, but for my stay last month i paid 35,000 baht or £844.46 which to me seems high and i was very surprise how much Agoda took from my account.

Have already looked at my next trip in May/June and according to there web site it's low season and showing 28,000 baht, but on Agoda booking it's a massive 58,000 baht or £1,339.50 for 30 nights no way am i paying that amount for the Superior room, I just don't understand D Apartment's pricing policy nobody seems to know what you pay in October the month is omitted a pity though it's a good place.

But having paid 35,000 baht for my stay in October it must be high season so why is Agodo demanding 58,000 for low season May/June next trip no way Agodo. 

Edited by Rainsberger

11 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello guys as in my post above i Stayed here the whole month of October 30 nights and it's one of the best hotels i have stayed in very much faultless and good. But sadly due to there pricing may not stay here again, If you go the there website the only month without any price is October so is this month to them low season or high season it don't say, but for my stay last month i paid 35,000 baht or £844.46 which to me seems high and i was very surprise how much Agoda took from my account.

Have already looked at my next trip in May/June and according to there web site it's low season and showing 28,000 baht, but on Agoda booking it's a massive 58,000 baht or £1,339.50 for 30 nights no way am i paying that amount for the Superior room, I just don't understand D Apartment's pricing policy nobody seems to know what you pay in October the month is omitted a pity though it's a good place.

But having paid 35,000 baht for my stay in October it must be high season so why is Agodo demanding 58,000 for low season May/June next trip no way Agodo. 

Dont use Agoda deal directly with the hotel. Their website has pricings for weekly and monthly stays and usually cheaper than Agoda.

• 1 month later...

I stayed there close to 3 weeks in November and they told me no weekly rates only monthly. Thats what their website says as far as I can see anyway -

http://dapartment.com/rate.php

Its a good hotel/ apartment. Well run and well located.

hotel prices in Pattaya seem to be increasing, probably because of demand.

D apartments said I got the last room they had when I checked in, B1,400 per day which was OK.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.