Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

D Apartment - Review

PR1977

On 13/12/2018 at 13:58, Zeb said:

I stayed there close to 3 weeks in November and they told me no weekly rates only monthly. Thats what their website says as far as I can see anyway -

http://dapartment.com/rate.php

Its a good hotel/ apartment. Well run and well located.

Hotel prices in Pattaya seem to be increasing, probably because of demand.

D apartments said I got the last room they had when I checked in, B1,400 per day which was OK.

I received this email from them today about their low season rates which shows: daily, weekly, monthly room rates.

you Thank for interesting at D hotel We have room available at the period you requested. The room rat as are as followings

Low season

this detail for price 1 March- 31 oct

Daily                weekly               Monthly

1,200               **7,000           29,000** Standard B    (with balcony, sofa, back side)

1,400               **8,400           32,000** Superior F     (with balcony, sofa, front side)

1,500               **9800            35,000** Deluxe   B     (bathtub, balcony, sofa, back side)

2,500               **16,000         59,000** Family Room A (4 PAX)  ( 1 Stand+ 1Stand ,back side )

2,700               **17,500         62,000** Family Room B (4 PAX)  ( 1 Stand+ 1Deluxe ,back side )

2,800               **18,000         64,000** Family Room C (4 PAX)  ( 2 Superior , front side )

• Like 2

On 26/12/2018 at 13:42, barmatt said:

I received this email from them today about their low season rates which shows: daily, weekly, monthly room rates.

you Thank for interesting at D Hotel We have room available at the period you requested. The room rat as are as followings

Low season

this detail for price 1 March- 31 oct

Daily                weekly               Monthly

1,200               **7,000           29,000** Standard B    (with balcony, sofa, back side)

1,400               **8,400           32,000** Superior F     (with balcony, sofa, front side)

1,500               **9800            35,000** Deluxe   B     (bathtub, balcony, sofa, back side)

2,500               **16,000         59,000** Family Room A (4 PAX)  ( 1 Stand+ 1Stand ,back side )

2,700               **17,500         62,000** Family Room B (4 PAX)  ( 1 Stand+ 1Deluxe ,back side )

2,800               **18,000         64,000** Family Room C (4 PAX)  ( 2 Superior , front side )

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that.

I've booked their sister, D hotel through Agoda for next year in low season and the weekly figures you show above are about what I'm paying - even though no weekly rates quoted ? Go figure TIT -  :)

I was happy to stay at D Apartments in 2018 and am looking forward to D hotel next year.

Thanks again.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

• 1 month later...

i saw this video some month ago. maybe it help for your choise :) 

Pattaya Pattaya 

3 hours ago, easylite05 said:

i saw this video some month ago. maybe it help for your choise :) 

Just for clarification, this video is actually for the D Xpress, different accommodation to D Apartment (same owners though)

Has its own thread on here too.

10 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Just for clarification, this video is actually for the D Xpress, different accommodation to D Apartment (same owners though)

Has its own thread on here too.

ahhhh yes damn you right. thank you :D my mistake 

Pattaya Pattaya 

No new info to add but I did stay in the building closest to Soi Buakhao for 1 week.  Thought it was good value for the money, friendly staff, overall a good stay.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, passport220 said:

No new info to add but I did stay in the building closest to Soi Buakhao for 1 week.  Thought it was good value for the money, friendly staff, overall a good stay.

Yes, that is D Apartment 2 the old building and your right it's good value although furniture is dated and I like the front rooms over the new plaza and noise is not a problem for me, at the moment I'm booked in here from May 5th for 1 month it's the ideal location to be everything you need is on the doorstep. I have fought about moving across the road to an even cheaper option because of the very poor UK pound for thai baht but still sleeping on this option at the moment because I know everyone at the D Apartment and they are most friendly. The one thing I do miss here is the lift to the floors but the stairs are not to bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, It's been a while since I've been on Soi so do not recall where each of the D apartment buildings are.

I've stayed in D hotel before, but is D Apartment, D Express Apartment and D Apartment 2 all on the same soi? Is Agoda trying trying to confuse me in that there are only 2 apartment buildings? From the map it appears the D2 Apartments are on the same soi as Baan Buahkow and LK Royal Wing.

Thanks in advance.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Hi Jonny D Apartment is the other side of D hotel and sometimes i cut through here when the weather is bad on the Soi it gets flooded a lot, D Apartment is all in one Building the old place is on the front side and the new wing is the other side of this i stayed in the new wing my last trip in October.

But i like the old building apart from the stairs but not bad if on first floor stayed 3 times now old building and booked in again for May and it is very much a lot cheaper than the new wing as i know, the staff are very good here i know most of them, D Apartment and D Express are in a small Soi 11 with D Express a further 5 minutes down the road towards 3rd road although a friend of mine always stays here i prefer D Apartment.

I am surprised Jonny that you don't know where D Apartment is having stayed at D hotel next store it's always a good short cut for me to get to the D Apartment, On Agodo as you say there is D Apartment and D Apartment 2 the first one is for the New Wing and the 2 is for the older building i always book here through Agodo myself hope this helps you mate. From the map it appears the D2 Apartments are on the same soi as Baan Buahkow and LK Royal Wing. This in incorrect they are the next Soi over by Family Mart.

Edited by Rainsberger

I'm thinking about D1 (older building) Apartment for my June trip. I see Agoda has Standard room for $17USD and Standard roadside room for $19USD. Any thoughts? standard vs roadside? I do like a view :)

The Standard rooms are in the middle and a few have no windows and are quitter if you want, when I stay there I prefer the roadside rooms which are 205,206 & 207 and are 1st floor, 305, 306 & 307 are on the 2nd floor and 405, 406 & 407 are on the top floor all these rooms have good view across to the new plaza, as you would expect being over the busy roadside of Soi Buakaow can be noisy at times especially the dam noisy motorbikes, also sometimes one or two of the bars may have a party until after 2 am, and finely there are a couple of dogs that like to bark in the early mornings, but all this does not worry me to much as it is much cheaper than the new wing, looking forward to my stay at D Apartment in just over 9 weeks time for 1 month.    

I was thinking of D Apartment 2 for one of my next trips. Which room type would be quieter or further away from Soi Buakhao? Are the Deluxe Rooms on higher floors than the Superior? Thanks

13 hours ago, sadisfied said:

I was thinking of D Apartment 2 for one of my next trips. Which room type would be quieter or further away from Soi Buakhao? Are the Deluxe Rooms on higher floors than the Superior? Thanks

The Standard with Balcony rooms are the quietest ones; they are on the side of the building that faces away from Soi Buakhao and are at right angles from the Soi that D Apartment is on, these rooms face The Winner Place hotel.

I think that there's two superior and one deluxe room on each floor that overlook the Soi at the front of the building.

You can also get the Standard Mini rooms without balconies that I think are at the back.

Edited by PR1977
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, sadisfied said:

On my last trip in October I stayed in the new wing in room 502 a Superior room over the Entrance in the small Soi, have to say it was an excellent room on the 5th floor with a Lift, For me though it was far to expensive hence will be staying in the old building next trip in May. I did have a balcony in my room which over looked the car park of the LK Royal Suite hotel.

Room 501 is the Deluxe Room and Rooms 502 & 503 are the Superior Rooms think this applies to all floors.

Edited by Rainsberger

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am really confused about the D Apartment(s): At Agoda you can either book

"D Apartment 1" with these room types: 'Standard Room Window' with 22 sqm or 'Standard Room Road Side' with 22 sqm

"D Apartment 2" with thrse room types: 'Standard Mini' with 20 sqm or 'Standard Balcony' with 28 sqm or 'Superior Room' (don't know the size) or 'Deluxe Room' with 41 sqm

Both Apartments have exactelly the same address in Agoda. Which of these two apartments is the newer building? 1 or 2? Logically I would assume that 2 is the newer one, but someone mentioned that 1 is the newer one which confuses me.

Which of all these room types have a nice view, i.e. not just a view just on another room in the close D hotel etc.? Which of the room types is the overall best one? Is it the 'Deluxe Room' in D Apartment 2? Do these rooms have a nice view? 

I am really confused...

5 hours ago, Orgynizer said:

I am really confused...

D Apartment 2 is the new building.

Deluxe and Superior Rooms in D Apt 2 are the best rooms; these are the ones at the front of the building that overlook the Soi

On 02/03/2019 at 23:54, Rainsberger said:

The Standard rooms are in the middle and a few have no windows and are quitter if you want, when I stay there I prefer the roadside rooms which are 205,206 & 207 and are 1st floor, 305, 306 & 307 are on the 2nd floor and 405, 406 & 407 are on the top floor all these rooms have good view across to the new plaza, as you would expect being over the busy roadside of Soi Buakaow can be noisy at times especially the dam noisy motorbikes, also sometimes one or two of the bars may have a party until after 2 am, and finely there are a couple of dogs that like to bark in the early mornings, but all this does not worry me to much as it is much cheaper than the new wing, looking forward to my stay at D Apartment in just over 9 weeks time for 1 month.    

On 03/03/2019 at 22:35, Rainsberger said:

On my last trip in October I stayed in the new wing in room 502 a Superior room over the Entrance in the small Soi, have to say it was an excellent room on the 5th floor with a Lift, For me though it was far to expensive hence will be staying in the old building next trip in May. I did have a balcony in my room which over looked the car park of the LK Royal Suite hotel.

Room 501 is the Deluxe Room and Rooms 502 & 503 are the Superior Rooms think this applies to all floors.

No need to be confused really for me it's a great place to stay within easy reach of everything you need, will be back here in 3 weeks time in the older building this trip to save on the poor pound for thai baht rates.

If you look at my first quote that applies to D Apartment 1 older building and my 2nd Quote applies to the more expensive D Apartment 2 building  really looking forward to my return here shortly. Remember they are both in the same building

Edited by Rainsberger

• 1 month later...

Excellent review. I normally stay at LK Royal suite and fancy a change, but like the area and location. Just a quick question, you speak about being coy and sneaking guest pass reception. Is this to avoid a joiner fee for second/third guest or is there some other reason I am missing?

33 minutes ago, millmark27 said:

Excellent review. I normally stay at LK Royal suite and fancy a change, but like the area and location. Just a quick question, you speak about being coy and sneaking guest pass reception. Is this to avoid a joiner fee for second/third guest or is there some other reason I am missing?

DO NOT SNEAK BG'S PAST RECEPTION ..  hotel policy all guests must sign in. failure to do so. Will result in a 2000 bt charge .. never had a problem  with 2//3 guests ..
just one more thing. the.shower  . Can flood the bath room. and it's fucking break neck slippy..

On 13/06/2019 at 20:37, millmark27 said:

I was just pointing it that it can be done due to the location of the lift out of sight of reception if you use the back entrance, I've never actually done it when staying there but see @gitteyman's warning in post above.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I had a floor plan of D Apartment 1 (the old building) but I can't find it anymore.

This is the room on the left (there's only one). I'm not sure of the room number. I think it's a small room (for the price info).

When you walk up the stairs, there are three rooms on the right. I think x01, x02 and x03. They are all large rooms. They have a "view" (there's only about a meter or two between the building and building 2).

On the left there's this room. The window is of the hall way.

In the middle are 2 (I think) rooms. The window is towards the stair case.  They are small rooms.

And then you have 3 rooms that look towards Soi Buakhao.  They have a real view but are probably noisy.  I think they are also large rooms.

IMG_20200109_151220.jpg