IGNORED

Acqua hotel

kuns

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

I cant remember staying in an hotel where soft drinks and water from the mini bar were free.If the rooms are expensive for what they are then maybe it wont be a good all round deal at all!

Centre Point hotels do free mini bars. CP hotels don't have alcohol though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 13:04, neilri2001 said:

There seems to be a trend for increasingly smaller rooms in these new build hotels. I don't mind staying one or two nights in a well equipped 23sqm room in a city centre hotel but for a longer stay in a resort such as Pattaya it is just too small.

I inputted some random dates in February in booking.com and it was coming out at around 2100 baht per night for the tiny standard rooms and around 2300 for the larger deluxe rooms ( around 30sqm ). Both included breakfast but given the location neither represents great value for money.

Market forces will ultimately determine the price they can charge but i would expect to see rates of 1500 for standard rooms and 1800 for the deluxe available very shortly

Yep just checked random dates in february/march via ebookers can be had for lower than 1600 baht(using current promo codes).

But the breakfast till 10.30(or 11AM?) is a downer.

A board member has posted some pictures of the hotel in in the Trip reports section. Although well equipped the standard rooms really are tiny. If the price is right i  will still consider a deluxe room on my next trip as i like the location and the hotel will still be "as new ". 

Just checked out.  Ok for a 3 night stay, but my room, in the west wing, was on the second floor directly above the kitchen.  Noise almost all the time time of cooking.  Breakfast was included in my price (£67 GBP for 3 nights) and had it this morning as I was checking out and it is ok and served until 11am.

Complimentary minibar included a can of sprite, coke and soda water as well as a carton of orange and apple; nice touch.

Would stay again as new hotel but go for higher room not above the kitchen lol.

I stayed in this exexutive deluxe room at 1950 baht per night. The room was very perfect and the bed was nice, but the view was not good because the reception gave the second floor room. I miss that big TV.

1 hour ago, buck011 said:

67GBP for 3 days sounds amazing.Where did you get that offer?

hotels.com for my Acqua stay.  Probably the right price based on my experience.

I reviewed many sites and got a good deal on the day. Booked about two weeks in advance.  Prices change all the time.  If I see a good offer I go for it.

Also recently booked Travelodge in Pattaya at £26/night with Hotelopia.

Shop around and fingers crossed.

59 minutes ago, nosunje said:

I stayed in this exexutive deluxe room at 1950 baht per night. The room was very perfect and the bed was nice, but the view was not good because the reception gave the second floor room. I miss that big TV.

I was on the second floor as well and had to keep the curtains closed as the room directly faced some other buildings rooms.  Funny to wave at them once, but then curtains closed.

3 minutes ago, toonboy said:

I was on the second floor as well and had to keep the curtains closed as the room directly faced some other buildings rooms.  Funny to wave at them once, but then curtains closed.

I have once opened a curtain with a bold naked body.:Grin3:

Just checked into Acqua hotel on Soi Honey so here is a quick review. 

Booked via Agoda roughly 1500bt per night (58% discount on regular rates)

Brand spanking new hotel right behind Honey 1 soapy. 

Smallish room but not a problem for me, everything new & high spec, nice decor, large safe, small balcony (great for smokers), strong wifi, free soft drinks in minibar (nice touch) but no alcoholic beverages. 

Will be checking out the pool area & bar/restaurant later so will report back.

Also be checking the guest friendly status though it's owned by the same group that owns 247 & H boutique so don't imagine any problems. Again report later.

All in all I think it's pretty good value with the big Agoda price cut, certainly the best spec on Soi Honey.

Archived