Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airport Scams

cartoonman

A friend of mine arrived yesterday expecting to pay 1,500 for a Taxi at the airport ( TICKLEYOURBUM ) to take him to Pattaya as he had been here many times before and he was surprised as he walked from one taxi driver to the other asking the price to Pattaya,, they all said 2,500. When he said 1,500 Baht they all laughed.

So he was trapped and had to pay 2,500 Baht.

I know he could have gone upstairs and got a cheaper price but he`s got problems with his legs and is not as young as he used to be.

So I am warning you,,,If you are heading this way,,,,Share a Taxi with other people on the plane or book ahead with someone who is reliable.....It`s normally 1,000 Baht from this end....

All these little tips help.

Cheers

Why didn't he go up in one of the lifts or get the airport personel to put him in a wheel chair and move him upstairs??

I always goupstairs and get the whole trip including tip andmotorway fees for 1000

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Mate they tried it on and he got ripped. If he went upstairs you can nearly always get a car for 800/900 including tolls and always get for 1000

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

even on the arrival level you can get below 1k across the road just by sticking to your guns

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Mate they tried it on and he got ripped. If he went upstairs you can nearly always get a car for 800/900 including tolls and always get for 1000

I jsut said that mate :P

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

How was it a scam, they told him their price and he accepted? He would have got it for less had he approached the public taxi counter on the arrivals level. Last time I saw the price from the counter it was 1400 Baht.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Why is he asking the drivers? Why did he not just go to the taxi control desk outside and they would have said 1500 baht.

Edited by Cennn3

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

Ask what price at taxi desk and whatever they say you thank them but refuse as you are oonly willing to pay 1k. Then walk around 10 feet away and within 3 minutes you will be approached and advised that they have a car waiting for you at 1k.

Easy!

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

Taxi drivers are like the girls in that they will quote outrageous prices and every now and then someone will be dumb enough to pay because they believe that is the going price, the ride that you get for 2500 is no better or safer than the ride that you get for 800.

They tried it on with me last year I ask for a meter taxi , , I told him no meter ,i will not use them i would sooner get on the Bus on princeable, I got it for 8oobaht so i gave him 200baht tip..

Edited by friendlyric6411

That's a lot to pay for a ride to Pattaya!!

I guess he was in too much of a hurry to get assistance to go upstairs..

I bet those guys are just waiting for disoriented passengers to fleece for 2500 baht

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

They tried it on with me last year I ask for a meter taxi , , I told him no meter ,i will not use them i would sooner get on the Bus on princeable, I got it for 8oobaht so i gave him 200baht tip..

Just curious as to why you requested "no meter". Its very rare for one to agree to the meter because the meter shows 740 give or take a few baht from airport to Pattaya. I always ask for the meter but few agree.

They usually wont use the meter for a simple, and I think reasonable, reason. A meter ride doesn't make any account for the return journey which they will probably make empty.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

That’s really taking advantage of the situation. I know it’s a terrible thing to wish for but I hope the tourist economy does collapse for a few years so than they might realize that fleecing visitors to their country doesn’t pay off in the long run.

I know I get it cheaper (like with Mr T) but I always pay 1200 but that’s with http://www.thelimopattaya.com/ as I like their cars and they are always waiting for me.

He paid too much, but...how can you blame anyone for getting as much as they can? Corporations all over the world do it all day, every day. They're probably trying to make up for the money they lost during the airport closure.

Walking Street (not just the girls there) is built on the premise of extracting as much money as you can from the "tourists". Are you going to boycott Walking Street?

If you're in a foreign country and don't know the prevailing customs and prices you're going to pay in some way.

Caveat emptor. :)

probe

I had the girl come up and ask 2500 upstairs. Told her that I would go down stairs and get one for 1200.

She go "You know huh" I said yes. She ask how much you pay, I say 1200 she beged to come down and talk for me, ok,

she did. I'm comfortable with 12 to Pattaya, because as onetaxi drver explained it to me. I take people to airport for 800 because I always get fair back. From pattaya not so easy, go back empty many times.

Fuck that price,im gettin bell bus this time even though ye can still get taxi for 1000 bus 200 :)

Booked the bell bus myself this time - got to be worth trying once.

They usually wont use the meter for a simple, and I think reasonable, reason. A meter ride doesn't make any account for the return journey which they will probably make empty.

Bangkok taxis often wait in Pattaya until one of the taxi stands can fix them up with a return fare.

I used Mr. T. just a few weeks ago.

1000 baht, tolls included. My flight arrived 1 hour late and the guy was still waiting for me with my name written on his sign.

Ride down to Pattaya was safe and LESS than 1 hour, that was at 1 am though, so no traffic. Very comfortable newish Chevrolet Station Wagon, with a blanket and pillow on the backseat. Much better than the small Toyota Corolla taxis.

Highly recommended. He charges 1000 for the return trip as well. Lots of signs in Pattaya offering the ride for 800 plus 60 toll. Yet better service from Mr. T. and better ride for a few baht more.

By the way, I ordered by email, the night before my departure, so seems to be very reliable. My buddy which also was charged 2500 baht, which he split with someone else. I still was cheaper and more comfortable lol.

[email protected]

Aus Spass wurde Ernst, und Ernst ist jetzt 5 Jahre alt.

Fuckin in Austria -......- Vagina in Russia -......-Pattaya Sun

post-17124-0-26440700-1328946704.gif

Hell, they quoted me 1100 baht just to take me into Bangkok a few days ago... I laughed and said 400... They laughed back at me... Fine, I walked outside, got a metered taxi from the AOT stand and it was 300 baht to Sukhumvit / Soi 4 during rush hour traffic...

Don't let them play you...

Bangkok taxis often wait in Pattaya until one of the taxi stands can fix them up with a return fare.

True mate but they have no guarantee hence why they dont want to do one way trips on meter.

Besides which they dont get the full fare back as its shared with the stands PLUS they dont keep all the money from one way meter rides anyway.

I was simply saying that if you CAN get one to put the meter on from airport to Pattaya it will be cheaper but I can understand why they are reluctant to do that. I was just surprised that the poster said he declined a meter ride which seems odd to me.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Here is that scam word again.

Just because somebody got charged extra because the first few taxis quoted the same amount doesn't mean it was a scam, it means that the convenience of taking them up on their quotes, versus continuing to shop around, was the route taken.

Nothing more, nothing less.

This isn't a scam, taxi's the world over are known for taking advantage. I was in Amsterdam and I needed to get to the airport, but due to snow the trains were stopped. So outside Central Station I approached a group of taxi drivers, they were all Turks. And I was quoted €100 to the airport, I said no way and they got quite aggressive saying that I had no other way of getting to the airport. I told them to piss off and walked away only for one of them to follow me up the road and he said he would take me for €20, wankers.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com