IGNORED

Mexican....close enough

just hanging

2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Wasn't sure if i was being a bit of a tight ass or not. I'm not familiar with mexican food at all. Glad you felt the same lol.

best to pay, shut up, and move on.

16 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I'm a slim guy, but 2 wouldn't fill me. 3 or more likely 4. At 90b a go (for a streetside stall) ....it loses its appeal if you have to order more than 1 in my opinion.

Maybe JH can tell us what his meal cost, for some perspective.

unless it is over the top i really never pay attention.  it was worth whatever it was, might want to check their website.  great menu and all good

the tacos in that picture above look pretty grim to me

got a taco in taco taco bangkok, small and not cheap but really good

IMG_5553.jpg

their mexican is good but not cheap either but pretty authentic to LA mex

IMG_5555.jpg

Two things I really miss:

Good Mexican food.  Sam's was good but closed

Good Chinese food.  Wok n Rok was good but closed

Kills me.  both had good food but knew nothing about promotion, I should have made a deal

I would not call the wooden Mexican food authentic by any means, although the tacos were close, but great food for a Mexican flair.   Those two dishes together were a lot of food and I am a big eater

10 hours ago, just hanging said:

Wok n Rok was good but closed

20171216_001339.thumb.jpg.eda9daa2fff6ffc16535840bd4a55107.jpg Had a Wok 'n Rok char siu curry last night.

Availiable from the freezer at Siam Expat Foods on Soi Siam Country club - 150 baht.

• 5 months later...

Taco Taco at Soi Bucow serves tasty tacos indeed. 

2 tacos for 90bt seems a bit steep though for the size. I could easily eat 6 or more.  

I suggest 3 tacos for 100bt would be better. 

Nice lady runs the operation. Hope she is listening  

shit I'm from san Diego best mexican food imo. I know better than to try mexican food anywhere besides Mexico itself.....

5 minutes ago, creative619 said:

shit I'm from san Diego best mexican food imo. I know better than to try mexican food anywhere besides Mexico itself.....

are you kidding probably the best food is tex mex... 

57 minutes ago, creative619 said:

Never been to restaurant in Salinas or Calif farm community? 

By the way, recently I visited the ‘Missing Burro’ in Bangkok, Thong Lor Soi7. Excellent Mexican food by a real Mexican. 

9522E025-1615-4DF5-99D5-7CC35B9E7BE3.jpeg

14 hours ago, jiz said:

Never been to restaurant in Salinas or Calif farm community? 

By the way, recently I visited the ‘Missing Burro’ in Bangkok, Thong Lor Soi7. Excellent Mexican food by a real Mexican. 

9522E025-1615-4DF5-99D5-7CC35B9E7BE3.jpeg

wow I thought I was the only real mexican in Thailand. lol...I have to be honest just looking at those tacos....mystery meat?  Doesnt look good to me. The chips in background do though! All jokes aside I think I will give that spot a try only because its owned by a real mexican  ;)

Hoping to find a decent Mexican food place in Pattaya, im staying on Soi Buakhao so will give Tex-Mex a try.

Where I live in USA, hipsters are taking over the "street taco" fad, and EACH TACO is $4.50 (140baht) and tiny as can be.  Can eat like 7 of them. 

Archived